Who is the person in your life who you will never tell about your liking diapers?

GoodnitesAreGoat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Who is that one person in your life that you would never in a million years tell about you liking diapers?

Reactions: Visitor2Earth and PearlandDL
mom

Reactions: PearlandDL
Everybody except my wife.

Reactions: abdlchristian12, flybaby, Subtlerustle and 7 others
Probably nearly everyone. I mean obviously if I ever get a wife I’ll tell her but my family and friends I don’t think they’d understand well actually my cousins might but I’m not going to put that to the test. This is something which is difficult to understand unless you’re one yourself I mean look at it from the outside. They’d probably think ‘Why does this intelligent person want to behave like a helpless baby?’ and to be honest I can see their point. But why do some people get turned on by leather? Why do some people only eat certain foods? Why do people find some jokes funny and some totally unacceptable? We all have our own quirks, peculiarities and maybe even perversions it’s just ours is a little harder to understand and often distorted by the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken, Nottylu, Ortler and 2 others
Basically everyone
there is no need to tell them
just like they don't share what they do in their bedroom I don't need to share what I do in mine

Reactions: denimchicken, Nottylu, Lethdale and 5 others
I see no reason to tell anyone in the real world except my wife of course

Reactions: abdlchristian12, denimchicken, Nottylu and 1 other person
Everyone, especially my kids. I might tell my doctors and that is it.

I'm a very private person by nature so although I don't really see a "reason" to keep it secret, at the same time, I'm generally aware that people can struggle to accept things they might not understand, so I won't, usually, go out of my way to potentially make them feel uncomfortable by sharing things that aren't necessary for them to know. So I guess... Everyone? Unless there would be a "perceived benefit or need" to disclose it to a specific person. I mean... Once I'm no longer part of this world, when people go through my things, they'll likely be puzzled by a LOT of things that are or were, at one point or another, part of my life. Wish I was a fly on the wall when that happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken, BlueFazeButDL and chamberpot
DistortedWolf said:
Everybody except my wife.
Exactly what I was going to say.

I’ve only ever told girlfriends really. No one else needs to know. I like it being a personal thing between me and the significant other I trust.

Reactions: denimchicken
The only one that knows about me wearing diapers is my wife, and I was scared and nervous to tell her. I only told her about my diapers, because she basically kept asking what my number 1 fantasy was a few weeks before we got married. I won't tell another person, because I don't want anyone else to know that I wear them, and I know family that would not talk to me ever again and others would bully me. I just don't want that in my life. It is best to keep it a secret.

Reactions: denimchicken, Ortler and Yoboroad
well my mom found out when i was 16 and had a hinting feeling ever since i was a tot that this was the case. my dad already knows. my grandfather is like my mom but i havnt told him i like them, he just thinks i have a bed wetting issue witch is fair cuz i do. honestly i just dont want my buddies to find out haha.

Reactions: Yoboroad
RuffRuff said:
The only one that knows about me wearing diapers is my wife, and I was scared and nervous to tell her. I only told her about my diapers, because she basically kept asking what my number 1 fantasy was a few weeks before we got married. I won't tell another person, because I don't want anyone else to know that I wear them, and I know family that would not talk to me ever again and others would bully me. I just don't want that in my life. It is best to keep it a secret.
It sucks that it has to be like that for you, but I think it’s awesome you were able to tell your wife

What a horrid question.:eek::ROFLMAO:.......🤫

My dad. Never, ever. No way. He wouldn’t want to know and I think I would die from embarrassment.

My wife. When we were dating I told her. She was okay with it but at that time in our lives we were young and into some kinky sex. ( oh to be young again LOL ). But I've never told anyone else. One time my daughter and daughter-in-law talked to me about adult babies. Because from me looking ABDL stuff on line every one was getting adult diaper adds on their phones. I just brushed it off like I didn't know anything about it. They were saying that adult babies are probably pedophiles. I wanted to to set them straight that no adult babies are not pedophiles. Just brushed it off and changed the subject. I wish I could heaved told them the truth about me. But that is not something I want to share with my kids.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
pjs1957 said:
My wife. When we were dating I told her. She was okay with it but at that time in our lives we were young and into some kinky sex. ( oh to be young again LOL ). But I've never told anyone else. One time my daughter and daughter-in-law talked to me about adult babies. Because from me looking ABDL stuff on line every one was getting adult diaper adds on their phones. I just brushed it off like I didn't know anything about it. They were saying that adult babies are probably pedophiles. I wanted to to set them straight that no adult babies are not pedophiles. Just brushed it off and changed the subject. I wish I could heaved told them the truth about me. But that is not something I want to share with my kids.
The pedo thing comes up again and again with people. It's odd. What is the mechanism that causes this consideration in people's minds? Then it can be righted. Unlikely in the immediate future.

I think it's about the subject: toys, child things, etc., mixed with adults=taboo. And the taboo, obviously, kids are taught about when growing into "adults". Parents scold their children to be more grown-up, and it sticks in everyone's mind that childish behavior is bad and needs reprimanding.

I'm nearly sure if the baby toys were deleted from the picture, and the garments, it'd be better. Not for the ABDL emotionally, though. If it were just diapers, a stranger would just think they had an IC issue, and kinda drop it. But sacrificing the costume enjoyment for those is mean.

What about those that reenact the civil war in all their garb and rifles? Are they considered "closet sadists" or "political junkies" "wish-to-be soldiers" to act out their aggressions on certain groups of people in the South?....? No baby toys are involved, so they wield their rifles in their costumes proudly, and are not even considered having perverse violent-tendencies to kill. Another is Renaissance Fairs.:unsure: No diapers or toys there, really. That's the thing.

People like indulging in just another form of prejudice, and humans love gossip. They will lean on assumptions because nobody wants the light on them. Plus, it scares the hell out of them if someone in their family does a taboo because they selfishly don't want to be dragged down in prejudiced judgement from others since they are associated with the person. That's what the gay movement caused for many in a good family. The person was kicked out, and it took time before they were allowed back into the family once society was "taught" to accept homosexuality as a true and not perverse thing, although some families still shun them, sadly.

What is it about the mechanism that you don't understand? I think you're completely right about how it works. It's a simple association. ABDL mixes adults and children, and it is adults doing something related to children that they are not supposed to do according to the culture. That reminds people of something. I think I would have the exact same association if I first heard of ABDL without knowing anything about it. Maybe because I'm trying to think critically, I would think "but do these people actually want to do things to children? maybe not". Without understanding ABDL, however, I there is another idea that lingers: "maybe they are pedophiles, and they're just trying to hide behind ABDL as an excuse for their interest in childish things". Now, people are very alert when it comes to dangers such as pedophiles, and they also become emotional, which overrides logical thinking.

This is how people get ideas. It took me a really long time to realize that ideas start as associations. There are so many things people could be thinking, yet they all focus on the pedo thing, because that's what's on their mind, because of that association.

How to fix this particular problem: through culture. If people feel that the way you should be thinking is that "ABDL is fine" and "ABDL is not pedophilia", that's what they will think. If everybody says so, including people with high status, then it must be true, so people believe it and go along with it.

Without such culture, people have no other choice but to follow their own initial reaction, which is a mechanism that tries to protect themselves and the group. With the idea "ABDL is pedo" being a possibility, people sense danger. So I think the fundamental mistake can't be "righted". People are hardwired to think like this, and not for an entirely bad reason either. Only through culture can people be convinced that we consider these people worthy and they belong to our group.

Well, maybe there's another solution but this is much more difficult (probably impossible) to achieve: teaching the whole population stuff like principles of critical thinking and scientific results about things like how fetishes form. That would prevent the wrong association in the first place, because the first association would be something like "sounds familiar, probably because of something they missed in childhood". That would actually be the best solution, but it relies so much on knowledge and intelligence that I don't think it would work.

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken and Woncrinklz
family

Everybody; the only time I talk about it is here and occasionally on Discord, when people are actually talking about diapers.

Back