Who have you told?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point on the backpack ,it would be a little weird for a lot of guys,my excuse is everybody in a wheelchair has a bag on there chair, you carry stuff in so I am just another wheelchair in the herd, nothing stands our as unusual .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Close family and medics - used to really embarrassed at hospital and doctors when being examined and having procedures - now I do not mind and just let them see. It is nothing unusual for them

Directly? I've told a past roomate as well as a couple close friends as well as some people I've roomed with at hotels for conventions.

Indirectly pretty much all of my friends know. I've made posts on my Facebook to review new diapers and an awareness post during World Continence Week previously as well.

And that even turned out as a good thing for someone as a friend of mine that had seen one of the posts later on came to me for advice when they started having some bedwetting issues knowing that I'd be a good source of information and would have good diapers on hand for them to borrow until they saw their urologist.

So I am not IC but DL. Only my wife knows and she has known for more than 25 years. I am wearing a lot more now than ever. If I ever get questioned it has been said to just say you're IC. But that doesn't seem fair. I know that most of my kids would be OK with this as long as I don't expose it too much. They are all into Anime and Furies and Cosplay which often involves diapers for all sorts of reasons. I would say that I have not noticed many people in diapers myself. After joining this forum I have been looking for signs and its pretty hard to see.

In addition, my wife and I have gone through a rift with my parents and sister. They disowned us which has had a lot of impact on me. I decided to see a counselor for the first time ever. I did not mention that one of my coping mechanisms is using diapers. Coping with the stress is what has increased my usage (at least that is what my wife thinks). Last night I let out that I really think this is a part of my life to her. The mood was right and I started to let her know what I'm thinking and why I am using more. I just feel better. When I asked her if she noticed she said sometimes. So I feel I am doing well hiding it from others in my household. Post 50 yrs old it seems that people are more OK with diapers or joke with me that I will soon need diapers. My wife always gives me a sideways smile cause she knows I like them and don't need them.

I think it is like women and female absorbency products. Doesn't it fit into the same place in life?

ScruffyDL said:
So I am not IC but DL. Only my wife knows and she has known for more than 25 years. I am wearing a lot more now than ever. If I ever get questioned it has been said to just say you're IC. But that doesn't seem fair.

I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but AFAIC, do what you need to do. Telling someone you're IC certainly is easier than explaining why on earth you would find diapers enjoyable. That little lie does not diminish me any.

ScruffyDL said:
I think it is like women and female absorbency products. Doesn't it fit into the same place in life?
Strictly technically speaking, it's absolutely the same thing - an absorbent product that is used to absorb something that you have no (or not enough) direct control over, to avoid it ending up on your pants, furniture, bedding, etc. Societally though, there's a stigma (that's often discussed here) that could make for an awkward moment with friends and/or family if they find out that you have to wear diapers, and they were under the impression you were a "normal, healthy person". Bringing it up directly with them might be awkward at first, but it can avoid these moments.

It's a whole different struggle convincing people that even though there are medications and surgeries, they don't work well for other people and sometimes don't work at all, aside from coming with their own risks. I've never had anyone react negatively, but I've only ever told one person directly and another indirectly. I imagine the rest of the people wouldn't react negatively either, but what I'd fear the most is people worrying about me more, haha.

I don't treat it as a bigger issue than it is. Family knows, how could they not. I was 1 of 3 bedwetters out of 6 kids so we all were in diapers into our teens. Friends mostly know. Tough to deny when there were cloth diapers and plastic pants in all the bedrroms and also stacked high in the laundry room. My ex knew I had been a bedwetter and we were still married when I developed the severe urgency after surgery. Diapers didn't play a roll in the divorce.She was a nurse and accpted them for what they were. We just worked such different schedules (she worked overnights and I worked days) and we simply grew apart. Several past girlfriends knew. Some accepted, some didn't. Most break up issues were my work schedule. I owned my own business and was always working. It was "you never have time for me" kind of thing. I like to think I'm pretty discreet to the general public. I'm not an exhibitionist. I had been in the hospital for 2 weeks for my surgery and had a lot of visitors. It wasn't uncommon for a nurse to come in and ask any visitors to give us 10 minutes of privacy. Even with air freshner she used it was still pretty evident I had a dirty diaper. I didn't start using Nullo for about a year. I don't think anyone near me now would ever guess I just had a BM. I try not to act any different and continue whatever it is we were doing. Out in public I'll wait it out for a chance to change. Could be a half hour or might be 3 hours. After 20 years I'm used to it. I wear excellent protection (if a bit bulky) with heavy gauge plastic pants. I'm usually the only one who knows I have a loaded diaper, even friends who know I wear diapers. Like I said, with time you get used to it and so do friends. I've only had several comments over the years and they were all respectfull. I think a lot of has to do with how you carry yourself. If you go sulking around people willpick up on that. If you walk around with confidence most people wouldn't guess in a million years. I'll admit it was extremely difficult in the early years. I had contant loose BM's which were not only quite uncomfortable but hard to hide. A bulk producing fiber supplement, the occasional use of loperamide, daily doses of Nullo, good diapers and plastic pants helped me get over the self conciousness.

I was AB/DL well prior to being incon - my incon symptoms only started around mid-2015.

As a result, some friends of mine in the AB/DL community know I'm incon. I don't mention it to most, even those who know that I wear nappies, because it's not relevant - we're all wetting our diapers, what does it matter whether it's on purpose or not?

(I do occasionally inform event hosts who I don't know - it is not uncommon to have a 'no messing' rule, and I can't promise not to break it, so I try to get the rule waived for me personally ahead of time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Out of respect, I don't go to events that won't waive it.)

Due to space problems at the moment, three bags of my diapers are in the half bath near the front door of my house, piled right next to the toilet. (I wouldn't do this except that we hardly ever have visitors these days.) Well, anyway, a few days ago we did have a visitor, my best friend. She knows about my IC and diapers, so I was unconcerned and didn't move them. Only after she left (and had actually spent quite a while in there due to a constipation issue) did I realize that my new bag of Carousel diapers, which I am trying because I try everything to see how well they work, is sitting right on top. If she grew curious at all during all that time, I guess she knows about more than just my IC now...

As for me, it's a need to know basis. The only family members that know are my wife, sister, and one aunt. I have a few friends that know and the only reason they know is because we have had to bunk together or take long trips together. I look at my diapers as my underwear. I don't need to know what type of underwear others are wearing so why do they need to know what type I am wearing? The only difference is that I change my underwear more often and have to make lots less bathroom breaks, lol.

you lot on here

checkingoutall said:
As for me, it's a need to know basis. The only family members that know are my wife, sister, and one aunt. I have a few friends that know and the only reason they know is because we have had to bunk together or take long trips together. I look at my diapers as my underwear. I don't need to know what type of underwear others are wearing so why do they need to know what type I am wearing? The only difference is that I change my underwear more often and have to make lots less bathroom breaks, lol.
Yeah when I had to diaper up , it made road trips with my sister a source of contention , she likes to stop everywhere to pee or just look at tourist trap crap .

Pretty much most people I know - many still refuse to see it as anything more than lazy or a fetish - but it's me that has to wear diapers as underwear so be loud m proud I say

My boyfriend just guessed. I told him he doesn't know all things I do and he guessed for a week and GOT IT WTF?? :D

He's a wizard. I had to tell about that for a couple of friends so now they know too, but they were like "meh, so what?" lol. I know way too good ppl!

SiriusPup said:
Pretty much most people I know - many still refuse to see it as anything more than lazy or a fetish - but it's me that has to wear diapers as underwear so be loud m proud I say
It's a hell of a lot more work wearing diapers , those who think it's lazy should walk a week in our shoes.

I have never felt embarrassed about people knowing I have a bladder problem. i never really got out of diapers since i always leaked. So there was nowhere to hide that fact. In a way I am luck since I never lived another way without diapers. It did have a psychological effect on me since there are times i fantasize being an AB. My girlfriend (I am bi) who lives with me has been very supportive and when I get into an AB role she is always my mommy.

Tetra said:
It's a hell of a lot more work wearing diapers , those who think it's lazy should walk a week in our shoes.

I wonder about that. Before diapers I used to visit the bathroom at LEAST 16 time a day, and another 2-3 during the night. I probably spent hours going to or in the bathroom- each day. Now with diapers I'm only in there 2-3 times each day, and never at night. I probably don't spend even 15 minutes in the bathroom now unless it's for something else. It's a heck of a lot easier for me to be diapered- for sure.

I thought of someone else who probably knows I have to wear - the garbage men when they pick up the heavy garbage pails outside of my house :laugh:

PlotTwist said:
I thought of someone else who probably knows I have to wear - the garbage men when they pick up the heavy garbage pails outside of my house [emoji23]
Yeah my garbage man definitely knows , as does my UPS guy , yes some of my diapers come marked but even when they don't, he knows there diapers, he's worked at UPS for like 15 years , they can name the contents pretty easily when it to comes to most diaper shipments by the weight and feel of the box, it's a skill that comes with years on the job , but is pretty useless because overall it's just another delivery on there route , for me it's handy when my aide isn't here because Chip My UPS guy will bring them in and put them away for me rather than pulling them in front of my door trapping me in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back