Which would be more embarrassing as an older child? Wearing Diapers or Getting Your Diapers Changed or Both.

Which would be more embarrassing as an older child? Wearing Diapers or Getting Your Diapers Changed

• Wearing Diapers

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Getting Your Diapers Changed.

Votes: 168 68.6%
  • Both

Votes: 74 30.2%

• Total voters
Oh, tough one.
I'd say both.
When my mum held a nappy in her hand and said that it was time to prepare for the night and change into my nighttime underwear, especially just before I was trusted to do it by myself ad around 10 years of age. Or in the mornings when I was wet and needed a change because I was ill or sick. Both situations were very embarrassing. But as only a bedwetter, I did get my nappy put on a lot, compared to getting it changed...

Last edited:
Reactions: Brumas94 and gobphus
When I was growing up, I remember several embarrassing diaper changing experiences that revolved around accidents and bedwetting (I wore some type of diaper or pull up until I was 15)

One memory that sticks out was being 5-8 years old and and was always after getting a bath from my grandma. I would stay over there usually a couple nights during the week and she would make me take a bath before bed. After drying me off, she would use one of those baby powder applicators and cover my bottom and diaper area, right in the bathtub- which is probably why I love the smell of baby powder to this day. Next, she would take me to their guest bedroom and bedroom and change me into my bed wetting diaper (one of the 90s plastic styled pampers) I was always small for my age and had no trouble fitting in them. I remember after being changed, I would either just wear the diaper if it were summer out as they didn't have AC, or I'd put on a t-shirt. She never teased or scolded me about wearing them and was always really nice about about it. I remember I'd wake up the next morning and leave it on and start playing with my toys either in the front room or the basement. Eventually she would make me breakfast and she would change me and I'd start the day back invent
regular briefs. When I would stay there on the weekend where she would have me take a nap each day and would put me in a diaper for a nap and I would just end up wearing it into the evening and then be changed into my night diaper. I also had a memory of her buying my diapers at a Toys R Us /baby's R US store, as well as buying me toys. Does anyone else remember them selling diapers there ?

My memories there were always nice and I think my grandma enjoyed treating me little and taking care of me (I was the youngest grandchild). We ended up moving further away from my grandma, but I always loved visiting as she was so sweet and always cooked great food too.

At some point I switched from pampers to the old school, all-white goodnites. I wore these for a year or or so and loved being able to have the freedom to change myself. I was always a heavy wetter and they started leaking at night. I remember my mom ordering some medical diaper sample pack and she brought into my room one night before I was going to sleep. I was already in my goodnite and she told me we were going to try some "adult pampers". This was around the late 90s and I think they were a youth 3 tape attends white plastic backed diaper as well as these light blue cloth backed small tape on diapers . My mom told me that she needed to change me since she wanted to make sure I did it correctly until I learned how on my own. I remember the first time going back into them and being embarrassed as I was about 10 years old now and was more shy about being naked in front of anyone. I remember here pulling off my goodnite and placing the diaper under me. She asked me to help her pull it up right between my legs and I held it up to my stomach while she taped me, which she then praised me for helping her. I remember having all of the tapes fastened and then she asked me to turn over and see how it fit. Here I was, a 10 year old boy in just a tape on Attends diaper modeling on my bed for my mom 🙈. At that point it hit me and I started to cry and I remember her giving me a hug and telling me I'll outgrow it and I'll be okay. I remember the first morning after wearing them , I woke up pretty wet and was a little sweaty down there as it was hotter than wearing a goodnite. My mom came into my room and pulled back the covers and saw me clad in just a diaper and happily discovered that it didn't leak. I knew she was happy as this meant no laundry today. I told her I slept well but the diapers were hotter than goodnites and it made me sweat. She said she would use some baby powder for the next night and proceeded to take it off of me and sent me to shower. My bedtime routine consisted of her diapering and powdering me each night before bed. If it were a school say , I would take them off immediately when I woke up and would shower. If it were a weekend, I'd wear them as late as possible until my mom would have to tell me multiple times that I needed to take them off (after I started becoming safe and comfortable in them). I do have a few pictures of me in the family album of me obviously wearing them under pajamas on Christmas or Easter morning. I never thought it was too weird at the time and It was nice being able to sleep all night without leaking. This went on for a while and I got more comfortable with wearing them around the house around my brother and sisters. Everyone knew I was "the baby of the family". Several of them were later bedwetters before but I was the only one in diapers at this point. I think having supporting siblings made me more comfortable wearing them and being seen in them.

After a few months of having her change me, I asked if I could learn how to change them and she would have me go to my room before bedtime and sit on my Attends, powder myself, and then pull the front of the diaper up. She would then knock on my door and ask if I were ready and then come in and tape them up. I liked this method a lot more and she didn't see me naked. I do member the first time here telling me to point it down before I pulled the diaper up, not that it mattered much as I was pretty small at the time.

This went on for almost a year and then she trusted me to tape them up myself. Once this happened, she would check my work after I changed myself. After a flew mistakes and not tight enough diapers that would have ended up leaking , she trusted me to diaper myself into my teens. I wore Attends until I was 15. I was made to wear them for long flights, road trips, naps, and any other situation where there wasn't a toilet nearby. I mostly changed my own diapers from 11-15 and only on a few occasions did my mom change me (I was sick or when I broke my wrist).

In 9th grade I broke my wrist roller blading and had to get a cast. I remember during spring break I was going to spend a wee with my aunt and uncle and then with my grandma and I brought my PlayStation over there. My mom sent me with a package of Attends and remember my grandma saying that she would be changing me for bed as it would be too hard with my broken wrist. I remember her changing me with all of the powder and it brought back memories of when she used to diaper me. There was one morning that we weren't going anywhere and I asked if I could wear my diaper long and instead my grandma changed me into a new one, as she didn't want me to get a rash. I remember wearing just a t shirt and an Attends and playing my PlayStation on the guest room tv. I didn't know the feeling at the time , but I really enjoyed the feeling of being in them and I think due to going through puberty, I was at the stage of always having erections and wet dreams.

At some point, my cousin came by unexpectedly and caught me in the guest room in just my diaper and t- shirt. I remember I grabbed a blanket and put it over me and she asked what I was wearing . I told her gramma had insisted I wore one before I took a nap that afternoon and I had left it on. My cousin laughed and said of course she had you wear one, since you're the baby of the family and just brushed it off. I was super embarrassed and put pants on over it and went to the kitchen with them to have dinner. I had some really fond memories at my grandmas and then my aunt and uncle's house during that spring break.

Reactions: Rezzu and DiaperedBedwetter1998
aj33305 said:
I also had a memory of her buying my diapers at a Toys R Us /baby's R US store, as well as buying me toys. Does anyone else remember them selling diapers there ?
You can see the massive amount of diapers Toy R Us used to have back in the 80's/90's in this shopping spree video. Starts at 29 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: aj33305
To further ask though, wouldn't be more embarrassing to have not had the diaper in the first place. Or bring change from wet clothes to a diaper

Reactions: midrobbie49, AJFan2020, BwBunny and 1 other person
Back