When did you realise you weren’t the only person in the world who likes to wear nappies?

lonnie said:
When Jerry Springer show first had them on and mentioned Tommy and DPF (diaper pail friends). 1995-96ish.
same!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I remember running across Forum Magazine in news stands in the late 1960's-early 70's that had letters from readers asking about or recounting experiences of adults who like to wear diapers and use them for erotic reasons. Sometimes the letter were from women asking about their husband or BF who wore diapers for fun or sexual pleasure, or who wanted her to wear diapers for or with him. I knew by 1960 I liked to wear diapers and play with myself in my wet diapers. I was 13 or 14 at the time. By the time I was 19 I was wearing diapers for pleasure whenever I could get away with it.

Reactions: sissybaby34, Subtlerustle, Blekyss and 1 other person
In my first job I was 16 or 17 and someone left a dirty magazine in the toilets I had a look through it and on the back page there were all these ads for phone sex I think they were but 1 of them said up on nanny's knee for a nappy change then il suck you off.it blew my mind

Reactions: tam1623
I think i realized at around age 8,, i had very unrestricted access to the internet and ended up finding videos on ABDL topics. It made me realize that i wasn't alone but to this day i am still VERY closeted about being a DL for comfort.

I am 56 and have started recently to wear nappies secretly when I can. So far so good. I too tried to make nappies when a teenager. Always fascinated but only now dared to do something about it.

Tenawearer said:
I am 56 and have started recently to wear nappies secretly when I can. So far so good. I too tried to make nappies when a teenager. Always fascinated but only now dared to do something about it.
Why'd you wait so long?

I was about 14 and I searched around until I found the dailydiapers forum.
That was the day I stopped being embarrassed and starting exploring being a DL

1974 15 years old when I read a story dealing with an adult being put in diapers, Penthouse Forum mag.
showing my age...

Reactions: Lyric, tam1623 and sissybaby34
Lyric said:
Why'd you wait so long?
Shame for a start. Then the practical things such as hiding and disposing discretely. Luckily I work part time so I do have the opportunity to wear when I am home before the children and my partner are back on the scene.

I remember lying in my bed, supposed to be napping, thinking about peeing and pooping in a diaper. Didn't actually try it for 30+ years, though.

Around 9 or 10 I read the TV magazine with the Q&A "Ask Dr. ABC". Someone explained his desire for diapers and the doctor adviced him a therapy. I thought: Well yes, you are not alone - but OMG do I need a therapy?

Reactions: tam1623 and Subtlerustle
Funny thing, I realized I liked to wear after I realized it's people liked to wear.

I don't remember seeing the first adult diaper pictures I saw, but I remember my reaction for a while being "wow that's weird, and I associate diapers with awful smells so that's really gross to me!" Conversely, I do remember the first time I liked them, which was seeing art with them in a way that evoked feelings that were childish and specific to me instead of just generalized "baby stuff" (being more of a middle than a little influences this probably!). Plus seeing them in art I thought was cool, evocative, and cute rather than the sort of clipart-y style I had come to associate diaper art with before opened my mind a lot. But yeah as soon as the comfort association hit I knew I wanted to wear diapers and add that to the time I spent feeling comforted and childish.

A lot of other people in this thread seem to have the "latent awakening" moment but I think I'm probably a bit of an outlier in the sense that I think seeing the joy that others got from them was more influential upon me than any sort of potential desire I already had to wear.

As a freshman in college, I found the diaper boards on the old Prodigy service.

I hadn't really put too much thought into others wearing diapers, but it was a revelation to find that there was a segment there. I think it has grown a great deal over the years as others have come across it. The halcyon days of the green 6 tape depends and white 6 tape Attends! Leaky, but fun!

I came across an article written about the owner of HB Enterprises (based in Kent, UK), who was running a business selling adult baby ware in the early 80's probably with the arrival of the internet I was able to track them down and ordered many pants from them before they ceased trading in the early 2000's. Helen used to make lovely pants, could not go much further than buying pants as Mrs VH did not know of my proclivities at that point! Been into plastic pants since pre-teens, been through all the usual binge and purge patterns now at 60 Mrs VH is a bit more accepting, still get the odd disapproving look but c'est la vie!

Reactions: Subtlerustle and vp39
I got some plastic pants from HB Enterprises way back in the day when I first got online...hadn't thought about them in years.

Reactions: sissybaby34
When I discovered this site.

I was probably somewhere in the 10-12yo range, when I found sites like tbdl .net and ADISC

I think I was around 14, and I made the realization when I first got the internet. Up until then I thought I was the only one and that there was something wrong with me to be ashamed off and feel guilty about. It was such a relief to see there were others like me that felt the same way.

I was around 10 years old, I came across ABDL on the internet and realized I wasn’t the only one who liked Diapers.

I realized when I saw my brother do it too.I was eighteen though when I officially started

Last edited:
Back