Whats your preferred padding for dealing with Incontinence? Pull-ups, Medical Grade Diapers or ABDL Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my nighttime enuresis, I've come to the conclusion that medical/plain tab diapers and a cover are my most reliable and convenient option.

I've tried cloth with plastic pants for a while too, but they were a pain to launder and were uncomfortable (too much padding, felt like I was wearing a few pillows between my legs), and mainly the feeling of cloth when wet was a very uncomfortable clammy and heavy feeling. Admittedly, the side sleeper leakage protection was the best part, but it wasn't good enough to sway me away from disposables.

Lastly, pullups... 😖.
I truly cannot stand them, no matter what brand or amount of protection they claim to offer. For me, they are absolutely useless for nighttime protection.

So yeah, always good old tape on diapers for this guy. Not the Abdl kind though, because the prices those things are at now is stupid. Literally pissing my money away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony and Edgewater
This Winter, I am using Pull-ups with diaper covers for day time use while snowmobiling, what little chance we have had this season. I find that for a seated position they work well. I have had hip-replacement and they can be a real life pain to put-on. Normally, I have been wearing cloth diapers with diaper covers during the day, adjusting thickness depending on how much time I am out and about. As stated, over-night is MEGAMAX with a diaper cover.

Last edited:
Edgewater said:
This Winter, I am using Pull-ups with diaper covers for day time use while snowmobiling, what little chance we have had this season. I find that for a seated position they work well. I have had hip-replacement and they can be a real life pain to put-on. Normally, I have been wearing cloth diapers with diaper covers during the day, adjusting thickness depending on how much time I am out and about. As stated, over-night is MEGAMAX with a diaper cover.
I had both hips replaced several years back and am finding it more and more difficult to pull on pull-ups, jeans, trousers, etc. I've been using diapers only as a result.

CheshireCat said:
I had both hips replaced several years back and am finding it more and more difficult to pull on pull-ups, jeans, trousers, etc. I've been using diapers only as a result.
Wow, I am only a single (right) hip replacement. Sitting than standing is the method that I have been using. Getting old sucks!!
Summer is a bunch easier as shorts are much easier than jeans and trousers!

Reactions: CheshireCat
Mostly medical grade diapers. I find pull-ups no matter who makes them, leak and you have to change not only the pull up but the clothes. I am not a big fan of ABDL diapers because of price and I would be very self contioientus wearing one and medical I am used to usually like. Personally I prefer the plastic back ones more than cloth baked because the plastic ones stay on my rear end better

Reactions: Edgewater
munkey said:
all the above :D
Ditto. Each has its own uses and draw backs depending on your situation.

I don’t wear pull-ups very often except when exercising or brief periods because I usually need far more absorbency. As far as ABDL vs Medical, they are both diapers! As long as they fit well, have good absorbency, and don’t cost an arm and a leg, I’ll wear them. Hell, I’m all boy, but I’ll wear a pink diaper with purple polka dots on it if it fits well and does it’s job.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, chuck and Edgewater
Medical-grade like Better-Dry are definitely my go-to for everything except for when lifting/running, in which case i tend switch to pull-ups as chaffing isnt as big of an issue.

I used to use the plastic backed Tena Slips when stationed overseas as they were easy to get, an easier fit under my uniform, and didnt “cook me“ as much when doing anything labor-some like moving cargo or doing random nonsense, but theyre just too spendy now and theyre not covered under Tri-Care.

Each has its purpose i guess.

Reactions: Edgewater and jdinvirginia
I wear a ConfiDry 24/7 with a NorthShore booster pad (large pad for day, extra-large for night) and pull-on plastic pants.

Never pull-ups. I wet too heavily and anyway during the day there just aren't enough opportunities to change a flimsy little pull-up during a busy life. So disposables mostly in the day. M4s mostly although pretty much any really thick ABDL nappies are great but I do have to be careful not to flaunt the bulge when I'm at work. Pretty much always terry nappies at night because they rarely leak on a side-sleeper like me. Acutaally I love them so much I wear them during the day at home too if I can.

LittleEnigma said:
I've not tried cloth diapers, not sure if they would hold up to heavy wetting at night. I tend to use plastic backed with 4 x tape securing.
I used cloth ones in my teenage years which is more than four decades ago ...funnily enough this got a mention from me very recently in another thread ..They weren't bought ones as such but my mother made them from towelling . Now I use pull ups for daytime OAB concerns and some reusable bamboo insert ones for enuresis as a secondary issue to OAB .. The cloth ones were more comfortable from memory but I was a lot ,lot thinner in those days .. I also recall as I had to use nappy pins to hold them on some difficulty pinning them securely as a double fold ..I also used plastic overpants meant for old folk as extra protection ...More environmentally friendly and cheaper in the long run of course but always concerning of them ... hanging around drying if visitors came perhaps...

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and LittleEnigma
The only type of diaper that withstands my severe urinary incon are the thick, plastic backed tabbed diapers with no less that 4500ml capacity. Anything less spells disaster for me.

Reactions: LittleEnigma and Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back