Whats your preferred padding for dealing with Incontinence? Pull-ups, Medical Grade Diapers or ABDL Diapers?

LittleEnigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Hi as someone with permanent urinary incontinence I wear all 3 forms of padding, usually pull-ups during the day, as they are more discreet, but they don't hold that much, between changes. I love to wear an ABDL Diaper at night because they tend to hold larger volumes, being much thicker. I also love the little designs. ABDL Diapers are fairly new to me, as is an ABDL lifestyle. I wish i had discovered both sooner. What is your preferred padding for dealing with incontinence?

Reactions: DLtrucker85, Neroforte, Diprs2 and 3 others

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
LittleEnigma said:
Hi as someone with permanent urinary incontinence I wear all 3 forms of padding, usually pull-ups during the day, as they are more discreet, but they don't hold that much, between changes. I love to wear an ABDL Diaper at night because they tend to hold larger volumes, being much thicker. I also love the little designs. ABDL Diapers are fairly new to me, as is an ABDL lifestyle. I wish i had discovered both sooner. What is your preferred padding for dealing with incontinence?
Given the choice, I like brightly colored and prettily patterned things.

My preference is for cloth nappies. I tried 'sposies early on in my journey, but drugstore nappies were largely weaksauce; they would leak because I am a weird size and they didn't fit quite properly. Heavier duty ones, specifically the taped ones, also didn't quite fit properly either because despite my weight, I have basically negative natural waist, and they'd hang weirdly off my body. They also make me feel weirdly claustrophobic.

The moment I discovered cloth, I made the switch.

I prefer the pocket diaper style for nights where I need heavier protection. When I'm out during the day, or when it hasn't been that bad lately, I like thick training pants. Even though in my case the enuresis is mostly nocturnal, I've stopped taking chances since I've started having bizarre pelvic symptoms.

Reactions: Diprs2, KrazyJoe67 and LittleEnigma

LittleEnigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
OmiOMy said:
Given the choice, I like brightly colored and prettily patterned things.

My preference is for cloth nappies. I tried 'sposies early on in my journey, but drugstore nappies were largely weaksauce; they would leak because I am a weird size and they didn't fit quite properly. Heavier duty ones, specifically the taped ones, also didn't quite fit properly either because despite my weight, I have basically negative natural waist, and they'd hang weirdly off my body. They also make me feel weirdly claustrophobic.

The moment I discovered cloth, I made the switch.

I prefer the pocket diaper style for nights where I need heavier protection. When I'm out during the day, or when it hasn't been that bad lately, I like thick training pants. Even though in my case the enuresis is mostly nocturnal, I've stopped taking chances since I've started having bizarre pelvic symptoms.
I've not tried cloth diapers, not sure if they would hold up to heavy wetting at night. I tend to use plastic backed with 4 x tape securing.

Reactions: DLtrucker85, Diprs2 and KrazyJoe67

Seattlehusky93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
ABDL diapers, more capacity, I don't really mind if they peek. I just prefer to wear them on long flights.

• Love
Reactions: DLtrucker85, Neroforte, Diprs2 and 2 others

Bigt84015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
LittleEnigma said:
What kind of ABDL diapers? I like my crinkles but my mega max actually works better for me at night sometimes. I'm a side sleeper.

Reactions: DLtrucker85, Diprs2 and LittleEnigma

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
LittleEnigma said:
I've not tried cloth diapers, not sure if they would hold up to heavy wetting at night. I tend to use plastic backed with 4 x tape securing.
Classic pin on cotton prefolds and plastic pants are the gold standard. Double diaper for bedtime for very heavy wetting. Side sleeper? Not an issue with cloth diapers. Cloth diapers are incredible, but require a fair amount of commitment and work.

Disposables are all about convenience and now discretion. It took a long time for disposable diapers to get close to the absorbency of a cloth diaper. Once disposables became reasonably absorbent, the manufacturers shifted towards discretion for toddlers, children, youth, and now adults. Several ABDL entrepreneurs have made the shift back towards super absorbency, discretion be damned, but that is not the norm.

The latest trend in cloth diapers is the discrete fitting AIO (all in one). These are designed to appeal to those who wear disposable diapers. They do not have the same brute qualities of classic pin on cotton prefolds and plastic pants.

I'm an extremely heavy wetter overnight and cloth diapers never fail me. I've been somewhat displaced for the past two years and could not use cloth. I resorted to MEGAMAX with a booster. I am now settled and am switching back to cloth at home.

Reactions: Diprs2, sinceiwassmall and LittleEnigma

Diaperman0723

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I am always in a disposable abdl diaper 24/7 only because I am usually working and contingents chance for a break.

Reactions: DLtrucker85 and LittleEnigma

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'd prefer premium diapers but my insurance pays for plastic backed atns and boosters so that my main but I use mega Max's from time to time when I know changes are going to be a pain

Reactions: DLtrucker85, Diprs2, surprise35 and 2 others

inconsurferdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Mostly medical-grade diapers, like Tranquility and Abena.

Reactions: DLtrucker85, Diprs2, furry121 and 2 others

IncognitoAura

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For me in the day the Tena active fit maxi (large) is a good option but at night as I’m a heavy sleeper and incontinence is worse for me at night I tend to either use the north shore mega max or the NRU STR8UP

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, surprise35 and LittleEnigma

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For me it's Attends Flex (10) for the day (usually I need two of them over the day) , for the night Tena Proskin Maxi - all in size M

Reactions: Constantlydamp, DLtrucker85, Diprs2 and 1 other person

diaperbobby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
As a life-long bed wetter, I have always used cloth diapers/plastic pants--and prefer them (unless I am away from home/no laundry facility available). However, I prefer pull-on style diapers, don't really like the hassle of dealing with diaper pins. I have purchased from Kins and Angel fluff, as well as trying several kinds of ABDL "training pants." I find that the training pants work fine for MY needs, particularly if I wear two pair; I use a size Large and then an X-Large over the first pair for proper fit.

As I am getting older, I find I am having a few, sporadic moments of minor leakage during the day as well. Nothing big, just a spurt or two before I can get to the toilet. Right now, I am simply using a size 7 baby diaper tucked into my regular underwear: snug tighty-whities. No leaks there--not enough moisture and I believe they are discrete enough not to be noticed. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but don't know what the future may portend.

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleEnigma

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have pretty much complete UI and FI. I sort of vacillated between pull-ups and medical diapers for the first six months, then went to medical diapers for about the next four or five years, and have preferred AB/DL diapers since; I use a mix of AB/DL and medical diapers.

• Love

LittleEnigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Kaliborio said:
I have pretty much complete UI and FI. I sort of vacillated between pull-ups and medical diapers for the first six months, then went to medical diapers for about the next four or five years, and have preferred AB/DL diapers since; I use a mix of AB/DL and medical diapers.
Me too. :giggle: (y)

• Love
Reactions: DLtrucker85 and Kaliborio

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My main preference is a well absorbing plastic back, four tape diapers.
Such as MagaMaxs or Better Drys, also enjoy them Solid Colors & Printed patterns diapers !!!

Reactions: DLtrucker85, Diprs2, DLScottsman and 1 other person

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I do get Attends Active 8 from my insurance and buy the Active 10 with about 50% discount. At the moment the Active 8 is not secure enough.

Additionally i buy Betterdry Day and some other brands from time to time, like Molicare Premium Elastic for the summer.

My problem is that i pee up to 8000ml a day, so on bad days i do not get far with the usual medical stuff. I do use some Cloudrys, InControl and Rearz on that days, but only at home, i would not go out with them.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Strictly IC: Since it's entirely on my dime, I wear pull-ups or cheap cloth-backed briefs at home for accident protection (U-IC and F-IC). If I am away from home for multiple hours, then I'll wear a NS Supreme Lite and plastic pants to contain potential fecal mishaps (IBS-d). For overnight, I wear TENA Super (cloth-backed) with plastic pants, which is far cheaper than the premium plastic backed diapers.

Tasmaniandevilpadded

Hypertension and disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have a Crinklz diapers that I love then I would order Northshore MegaMax diapers are more popular than medical diapers are thin absorbed capacity.

• Love
Reactions: DLtrucker85, Diprs2, Bigt84015 and 1 other person

Jeff Rictus

T.D.S.O.B.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Tranquility atn and smart core. There easy to conceal for day time use.
Betterdry for nights, and heavy days.

DoubleDiapered

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Rule of 2s
2 Pull up Cloth Diaper Pants
2 Cloth Inserts
2 pair Plastic Pants
For sleeping. Difficult in Summer!