What Got You Into Wearing 24/7?

PetPuppyAlex

a smelly squishy house pet from the Northeast
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
I'll start it off, although I have shared my story a bit 'round here.

I have been in and out of diapers since I discovered my love for them and the community back around when I joined ADISC (TBDL.org?). Ever since, I have gone a month here, a month there wearing "most" of the time. I lived at home with a parent and a brother (who I was more or less a parent to) so I could only indulge so far. I still indulged plenty, though.

I wore to high school a few handfuls of times.
By the time I was in college, I was wearing to class more often than not.

It was still spotty at home because my mom's employment was all over the place. Sometimes she'd have a job where she'd be gone 7am to 6pm. I would mess the second she left and stay messy/wet all day until an hour or two before she came home. I'd change, clean up, freshen the air, dispose of the trash very discreetly, and go on with my day.

Sometimes she'd be unemployed for long stretches of time and I couldn't wear at home. I did anyway, a few times, but I always thought my mom could tell. She has Vulcan hearing and can smell a fart through the phone across the country. I was only in a messy diaper in front of her once, and that was a bad move. But anyway, I grew up, moved away to Wisconsin/Chicago for a while for work, and never wore while out there. Life was too busy and diapers fell by the wayside.

But when I came home, I shacked up with my first real-deal love. We were together for half a decade. We had our problems and she was slow to warm to the ABDL thing, but she understood it made me happy and that my bladder was Not Great and I was running to the bathroom all the time and that diapers would help alleviate my anxieties. Eventually, I broke down and admitted I wanted to be in them all the time. She kind of gave me an "if you think it'll make you happy" type of answer and then went with it. I was diapered for six months straight, 24/7. Grand slammed the holidays (2019), too. I loved it, she dealt with it. I eventually stopped because of "real life" and not soon after found myself in a mental hospital, broken up with, faced with moving back in with my mother in my mid-twenties, and having to cope with the death of a good friend -- all in the same weekend.

Then COVID happened. And to Fast Foward through all that crap, I've made the most of it. I rebuilt a relationship with myself, became confident in who I was, learned how to be alone, started working toward MY goals (not goals that were laid out for me by a S/O or family), and started hanging out with a friend, let's call them K, who was kink-aware and was a loyal companion through major jaw surgery. I recovered at K's house diapered the entire recovery (eight or so weeks). It was then I realized the flame had, in fact, NOT died at all and I would love to be diapered 24/7 again.

I still could only wear full-time at K's house. K's family was also super supportive and knew the whole time. It was the first time I experienced what it was like to not just have a kink/ABDL-aware friend, but a kink/ABDL-aware FAMILY around me. That solidified that it was not a fetish for me. Until then it just felt like some dirty kink I was hiding and occasionally being exhibitionist about (because that's what I read on the internet, even though I had a legitimate bladder issue) and that was the first time where I realized that, although it *could* be sexual.. diapers were in fact mostly just an emotional/sensory/practical need for me.

After I'd recovered from my surgery, I stayed at K's more often than I stayed at my own house sometimes. I used the time at K's to be diapered pretty much always. I never wanted to be at my mother's anyway. It was so nice to be in an entirely accepting household. I would say I was probably diapered 70-80% of the time, on average, between September 2020 (surgery) and December 2020.

Then I moved in with the love of my life. She LOVES me PERFECTLY and LOVES my diapers. The minute she found out about them, she wanted me in them all the time. We had cases on cases sent to the house. We have a very Puppy/Owner D/s style relationship. I am collared at home. She actually was the one who suggested I go back to 24/7 for as long as we can afford it, and now controls my changes and makes me wear even on days where my will is on the waning side.. She helps me push through because she knows the peace of mind it gives me with my increasingly weak bladder/worsening OAB and general anxiety.

I've worn to family functions, appointments, band practice.. her family/friends are aware and very accepting, my friends are getting there... And I've been solid 24/7 for the entirety of 2021 so far, and the cases on cases of diapers taking up my closets and under the bed project that I'll be solidly 24/7 well into 2022, 2023, etc.. And I (and my spastic, distended bladder) are extremely happy with this development. I feel like millions of pounds have dropped off my shoulders.

I have now become somewhat dependent. I am NOT incontinent, nor did I aim to be, but my bladder was already weakened (distended and spastic), and being either 24/7 or just about from September 2020 to now has made it so being out of diapers means having to run to the bathroom every ten to fifteen minutes and my bladder only giving me 1-2 minutes of "full bladder" warning before I'm bursting (It wasn't that much better before...). My partner and I have talked about it and have no plans on stopping 24/7. I have started wetting at night, and I've heard that's pretty challenging to come back from. I have also been found to be wet during several diaper checks with absolutely zero recollection of how/when I peed. Like up and down swearing I never peed or didn't feel it. I know that both these un-training milestones are pretty much the beginning of the "point of no return." We have discussed it and neither of us changed our minds, just our preparation and budgeting for this as a "need" instead of a "luxury" now. (e.g. instead of not buying diapers when money is tight, having to buy cheaper medical brands)

Since the sensation is diminishing, my partner has stepped up and entirely taken over changes and diaper checks because she doesn't want me to stress about losing control. She wants me to wet/mess (within reason) whenever nature calls and let her worry about the state of my diaper. She doesn't want me holding it or worrying about leaking, and wants to further my dependency by reinforcing the mindlessness of wearing. We are both aware of the likely consequences. Incontinence was not my intention, but an "acceptable side effect". I haven't completely reinvented my life around my diapers this much to ever go back on it.

Anyway, I know that's super long, but that's the *brief* story behind why I went 24/7.

TLDR:
>Into it since a small child, couldn't participate much physically while at home.
>Diapered often through college and away from home in general
>First major long-time GF was "lukewarm" about it. Let me go 24/7 because she wanted to make me happy and wanted me to cope with my worsening bladder issues, but otherwise wasn't very into it
>Broke up after 5 years, lost a friend to suicide, lost my condo, ended up back at mom's. Spent COVID finding myself/picking up hobbies.
>Had major surgery Sep 2020 and spent recovery at newfound kink-aware friend K's house with their kink/ABDL aware family who was very accepting of me wearing
>Spent 8 weeks post-surgery diapered 24/7 and realized that was very much how I wanted to live my life
>Spent rest of 2020 at K's house, in diapers more than three-quarters of the time, working up to full-time by 2021, when I moved in with current Mommy/Owner/GF
>Current Mommy heavily supports/embraces lifestyle. Keeps me diapered pretty strictly 24/7 besides airing out time.
>Being 24/7 since September of last year has worsened control issues when not diapered, but we have accepted the consequences and Mommy supports me "letting go" of control and descending into full-scale dependency since our lifestyle supports it.
>I am a happy Pup and she is a happy Mommy
;)

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Saltedcaramel64, pdiapered and 7 others
Enjoyed reading this - so pleased you're in a happy and good place. Good on you, and your partner :)

Glad you are in a good place. Sounds like a challenging story and happy to hear you are happy where you are.

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

• Love
Reactions: chamberpot and PetPuppyAlex
What got me into wearing diapers 24/7? Stuff oozing out of the orifices in my diaper region!

Reactions: PetPuppyAlex
Your experience are a lot like mine with, of course, variations here and there. I'm quite a bit older than you and have come to reconcile that I truly have a diaper fetish, maybe even a potty fetish, and now wear full time. I was a bed wetter as a child until I was 17, always liked to wear diapers to bed even long after I left home and university and pursued my career. After marriage, divorce and retirement I'm now back to wetting my bed nightly protected by my diapers and rubber pants. I guess I could say I just enjoy wearing diapers and going potty in them. My fiancee knows and supports my need to wear diapers.

Reactions: chamberpot and PetPuppyAlex
Zeke said:
What got me into wearing diapers 24/7? Stuff oozing out of the orifices in my diaper region!
Yes, diapers are a remedy for many difficulties. I experience poop oozing through my leg openings even while double diapered. So, I ordered 20 McKesson Adult Disposable Heavy Absorbency Pull-Ups to see how well they might work when worn over my double diapers. Making diaper changes more infrequent would be a successful result. Also, the increased thickness will be great. Also, I’m intently focused on and preoccupied with my pooping.

Last edited:
I had played around with 24/7 wear a few time in my teens, normally when parents where out of town.
Usually I wore most of the time but not all the time.
But didn't wear at school, college or work till one day I pissed myself on a job site, this was after several close calls and near accidents.
After that I wore pads at work, nappies at home and one day I just decided to go into nappies all the time.
The next summer I was working away the entire summer, I was fully 24/7 then, no toilet use whatsoever, after that I've been almost full time only not wearing for situations where I couldn't get away with a nappy.

SeniorMan said:
Yes, diapers are a remedy for many difficulties. I experience poop oozing through my leg openings even while double diapered. So, I ordered 20 McKesson Adult Disposable Heavy Absorbency Pull-Ups to see how well they might work when worn over my double diapers. Making diaper changes more infrequent would be a successful result. Also, the increased thickness will be great. Also, I’m intently focused on and preoccupied with my pooping.
Well, when it’s oozing out of your diaper that’s the only rational approach. This is something that has occurred with me on several occasions, but fortunately my diaper covers have been quite effective at containing the leakage. I hope that you find a solution to your quandary that makes your diaper wearing more satisfactory.

Hi @PetPuppyAlex

Your story of how you ended up in diapers 24/7 is very similar to mine - only in my case it was due to chronic illness which left my bladder control patchy at best, along with a whole host of other physical and mental health issues which were far more serious. While I didn't need diapers all the time, my damaged nervous system meant it was better to stay padded, just in case, as my bladder empties at any time without warning. And due to severe chronic pain in both legs, even if did feel the urge, I wasn't always able to reach a bathroom in time.

But I can relate to your mental struggles as well - one of the reasons I became a DL was because it was a coping mechanism for me to handle my incontinence, as well as most of my body being in severe chronic pain. I wear - and enjoy - my diapers for the mental comfort, as much as a means to keep me dry.

Covid has been very hard on everyone, and living with even a mild OAB issue can be very frustrating, as you're forever mapping out where the nearest bathrooms are. My opinion is, if you need diapers to be the best you, you can be, then go for it - one less thing to worry about.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

• Sad
Reactions: abdl86
First off, intriguing story. 😊 So glade you’re living your life to the fullest you can and ended up having a happy chapter to it as well as a family and partner that accepted and loved you for you were.

Second, to answer the question in what made me ware diapers 24/7 has more to do with childhood nostalgia.

I wore Goodnites every night from age four or five to about ten to eleven. Wearing them 24/7 every night felt like I was either secured or more relaxed.

That dreadful night when I found out I was taken away from them felt like something beloved was taken away from me. Of course it meant my bladder was under control and I went on about life without them- though it wasn’t until I ran into some leftover stashes of Goodnites that I felt happy again; though my mom caught me in the act and took them away for good.

Many, many, many years later and I finally am back in wearing them again. Of course, wearing them at night every night again brought me not only greater joy; but years and years of wasted opportunities gone by and all it took was courage to finally order my first bag of Goodnites and felt alive again. 😊

For me it was my bladder that decided I would need to wear 24/7

• Haha
Reactions: Diaperman95 and abdl86
PetPuppyAlex said:
Being 24/7 since September of last year.
I made a decision that I would begin to always wear diapers 24/7 to satisfy my desire to be constantly being diapered up. It was as simple as that. I haven't any regrets.

I like dry pants is what got me to go 24/7

Wetting myself in the daytime in 2019 in the psych ward prompted me to wear them 24/7. Before that, for about a year before that, I had started wetting the bed again, so I started wearing them at night. I only wear them for urinary accidents: if I know I have to pee or poop, I untape the diaper and use the toilet.

I had tried 24/7 when I was a diaper lover years ago, but just didn’t get into that aspect.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Back