What computer or laptop do you currently own?

So in my possession there are a lot....
My laptop currently is a HP elitebook
My old laptop is a HP G2 250
My desktop is just some of brand bought at Micro Center
I have another HP that is in the Photobooth along with tablets for the photobooth
I have a windows 8 tablet by Nextbook
I have 2 RCA Cambio tablets (think i killed one)

I have an ASUS labtop

littledreamers333 said:
I have an ASUS labtop
In Russian accent: "Labtop" 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: FishDL
Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop :) It runs a little too hot but otherwise it's nice

I have a dell lattitude e5550 as my main laptop. Reinstalling windows 10 on a 500gig SSD made all the difference making it usable. Thanks to weatheronthe8s for the suggestion to try that.

I have a lot of computers laying around. I likely have an excess of 20 including Macs, DEC Alpha architecture, SPARC architecture and of plenty of x86 architecture. I did scrap a few of the more troublesome ones recently.

Dell G515 gaming laptop, model 5587 but upgraded with 16gb corsair ram (2 8gb sticks) as opposed to the original 8gb 1 stick. Also using a Roccat Kone Aimo mouse.

I just got a new laptop. The ASUS Vivobook. It has Windows 10, 64bit graphics, possibly has open gl (haven't found the setting for it). And it can run Windows 11.

I'm on a PC that I built

Ryzen 7 3700x
GTX 1070ti
16gb 3400mhz RAM
And plenty of storage :)

Also vibin with Windows 10

I now have 3 Lenovo T410s and they only cost me $200. the last two cost $50 each as i bought them for parts.
They booted to bios but had a fan error.??????
Since my first T410 had fan error that i fixed with a $8 fan I got the other two and found they just needed the fan cleaned with electronic duster. I have upgraded all three to 3 USB 2.0ports and 2 USB 3.0ports and cloned 500 GB SSD drives with Linux mint 20.1
New the Lenovo t410s were $1200 business computers and since they use standard 2.5 inch SSD drives i can switch drives between them and since i use linux mint i can clone them and put them in any one of the T410s
many businesses are retiring these old computers, and they are commonly found as used laptops

currently I am using a refurbished hp notebook from tiger direct. It has solid state drives and is touch screen windows 10. I have had it about a year and 1/2 now. No issues

I have a new hp model 15 laptop.

I have a desktop PC that can run most of my library, Windows 10, 1TB of storage, good for retro emulation up to DS.
My Asus laptop now has Windows 11, only 65 GB of max storage, I only use it for flash emulation, Doom engine games through GZDOOM using opengl ES, Build GDX on open gl.

I can cross stream my games through Steam on my laptop that are on my PC. If only I could get co-op going through one account on multiple devices.

Had a good friend had one made for me . A conquest desktop tower many yeas ago.

SeniorMan said:
I have a new hp model 15 laptop.
These things are everywhere! I have an old one and a new one. Someone else in my family has one too. oh wait, I'm sorry, the new one is an HP 14 😅

So I have two laptops (or maybe three or four, but those others are so old they don't count), an i7 pc with a GTX 970 (linux only), and a Ryzen 5700x with a 6700xt (has win11, but I basically only use the linux partition)(first pc i built!)(I hate windows)

Last edited:
I have two PCs, well actually three, two desktops, one laptop.

Here are the specs for my desktop PC i regularly use and that I bought in August of last year:

Skytech Blaze 3.0 Gaming PC Desktop – Intel Core i5 10400F 2.9 GHz, RTX 3060, 1TB SSD, 16G DDR4 3200, 600W Gold PSU, AC Wi-Fi, Windows 11 Home 64-bit​

I also have a cheap Windows 11 ASUS laptop I bought from Best Buy last December and it was on sale at the time. I don’t use that very often because it only has 4GB RAM and very little hard drive space.

Then I have a Windows 95 desktop computer. Bought that in refurbished condition with new CMOS battery last September.

Last edited:
I have a long history of interacting with computers, although I am quite young and have not caught 386 live, but still, I thought so now, counted on my fingers how many working x86 compatible devices I have.. there are 23 in total, mostly old business class laptops, serviced computers from different years that did not wait for their sale at the time.
I have 2 laptops for personal use of the ThinkPad p52 and a more compact brother x390, which is my favorite typewriter, against its background, no macbooks for many years to come will compare with the comfort of use, imho)
As for my main computer, since 2013 I have been actively updating my Intel platform every few years to the top or pre-top 3770, 6700k, 8086k, 11900kf and subsequently betrayed the blue ones, and switched to AMD =D R9 7950x3d turned out to be at a completely different level of performance, just cool.
With video cards, everything is a little more modest, 750ti (burned down), the next 1060 (drowned with the whole pc) is a child with a water pistol... the next 1080 (2017-2023 honestly served), and just recently, just 2 weeks ago, a fresh 4090 arrived, it needs a separate power plant, I'll see how my bills for light will grow. =D
As for the games, I'm disappointed here... Not in a video card, but in games, the maximum that I will play is the games of 2005-2012, I realized this only now, after I installed and played new games with good graphics - in the end I realized that they are all dull, have outlived themselves, the developers do not put their heart into it, but try to just earn money, and I'm just not interested in it)

I have a Dell laptop that's about 4 years old. After the 1 year warranty expired the keyboard failed and now I need to use an external keyboard to make it work 🙄

That will be my last Dell purchase

I'm using a Dell G7 7790. With the Intel I7-9750H, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Max-Q. I've upgraded the RAM from 16GB to 32, and I've upgraded all of the storage. I use a samsumg 970 EVO Plus as the boot drive, and a basic seagate SATA SSD for games.

I just have a <= $400 i5 Acer laptop I only bought in 2020 to have NVMe and USB 3.x ports cause USB 2 was starting to get on my nerves. I only use a PC to manage my game console and media and backup storage these days.

I might need to upgrade again for 20-40gpbs support eventually esp now that Ive consolidated all my external storage on a pair of future proof* 4TB 2000+ MB/s capable externals and completely ditched SATA as an interface. (*to the extent my storage devices knowingly and intentionally exceed my current bus and port capabilities at time of purchase)

But 500-1000MB sec or even being able to hit a micro SD card's 120 MB/s limit is still much better than that god awful <= 25 MB/s USB2 trash.

All my daily PC tasks like browsing and email have long been met by mobile devices. As a predominantly Japanese console gamer into traditional console exclusive style games like platform, action/ adventure, and jrpg, I've no interest in (predominantly western first person) PC gaming.

I had a PCMR stint in the past but I'm so over the competitive FPS and online thing and grey and brown 'realistic' games now that I'm back to exclusively console. The types of single player offline games with heavy story that have been my bread and butter since SNES are still Nintendo and Sony console exclusive for the most part. Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Metroid Prime Remastered, Horizon Forbidden West, and God of War Ragnarok for a few recent examples.

I've made a great effort to purge and consolidate and declutter my PC stuff and junk boxes in the past year. Only have the one laptop* and a small hard case with the 2 x 4TB 20 gbps SSDs and a couple 256GB thumb drives and USB C cables. That's it! No more stacks of obsolete motherboard boxes and ziplock bags of 1000 case screws or misc cables and adapters or towers of half gutted old PCs. All gone.
(* not including work laptop and full desktop docked gear)

Completely retiring SATA drives and interface and associated adapter cables from inventory and have the last box of legacy PC physical games going to a friend who still plays them and has the means to read optical disc. 😂

I'll prob keep a toolless 10 gpbs NVMe USB C enclosure for emergency data recovery and transfer, that's about it. Oh and one older low capacity CMR mechanical HDD with a 3rd copy of anything personal/irreplaceable in my important documents box to protect against NAND retention/leakage , EMP, solar flares, stray cosmic rays and alpha decay, etc. I guess I still don't completely trust Flash exclusively for backup even if I rewrite the data every year or two to recharge the floating gates. Despite the fact that all my game console libraries on modern 32GB-1TB SD cards have yet to experience any degradation in 5 years. 😏

Last edited:
I usually buy old Workstations from DELL, pimp them up a little and use them as long as possible. My T3500 Dual Xeon just died, sadly.
This was already my "old system" as i am using a DELL Precision T7600 Dual Xeon E5-2687W, 64GB RAM, GTX1060 for some time now.
I am looking for a "new" one already, but for energy reasons i work with DELL Latitude E5540 now for office use.
The 1000w power adapter of the T7600 got to expensive in Germany, i do pay 0,52 Euro an hour with that beast for energy round about when gaming, it sounds like an aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
Back