What computer or laptop do you currently own?

A crappy hp I got from my brother when his disk broke and he decided to get a new laptop. I decided to install Linux mint, buy a 1tb ssd drive, and some ram sticks, so now my main pc is 1tb hard drive 16gb ram machine that costed all of 200 dollars. It hasn't slowed down at all, and has had an uptime record of six months with no reboot once.

Other than that, I have more than 1 pi 4 that I'll do stuff on from time time

With Barrier, I'm currently using 5 monitors between 3 computers as my main workstation--recently at one point I was using 10 monitors between about 5 to 7 computers. (Now my other computers are spaced out more around the house due to the type of projects I am currently working on--I might get more than 10 monitors and 7 computers going with Barrier simultaneously in the near future at some point though if I work on a project that could benefit from doing that.)

How Barrier Works:
"Barrier" is a fork of Synergy that is free software available on GitHub. It lets your mouse travel between monitors that are connected to 2 or more computers (and your keyboard follows the mouse and controls the computer of the monitor that the mouse is on at any given moment). With Barrier your mouse travels to the next computer's screen as if it is an external monitor that is actually attached to your main computer but you are really controlling the main computer and the external computers that are running on the same Barrier session with a single keyboard and mouse.

How I Use Barrier:
With Barrier, I run more intense stuff on the monitors that are plugged into the computers that are more powerful. Just plug in any computer and you have another full motherboard of computer power as well as more monitor workspace depending on how many monitors you might be able to plug into each computer you add to your Barrier session. Barrier has worked flawlessly for me with very few hitches over the last couple or years or so (my only main complaint is that I've have needed to reset my Barrier server software once every few days since it has a random freezing error but that's the main problem I've ever faced with it--it's tremendously reliable).

Using an old computer for another screen is great--have extra workspace for taking notes or doing light web browsing is very helpful at times--even to have glanceable reference without needing to tab between showing 2 different windows windows is tremendously convenient. All the more pixels to work with the better. I like having a lot of things open at once so I can reference things with my eyes at a moment's notice just by glancing at them. Text on your clipboard syncs with Barrier--so you can easily copy and paste text between computers at a moment's notice.

Really all that each of the systems do that run Barrier is track what computer the keyboard and mouse is on and make sure the clipboard between machines is in sync--very light on the resources of the computers running together on a Barrier session. No glitches, freezes, hot CPUs or loud fans from Barrier--and no choppy mouse and keyboard delays or video streaming needed like other windowed screen-sharing software that you'd otherwise get with things like VNC, RDP, LogMeIn, AirPlay, TeamViewer, Etc. No hassles of having multiple keyboards and mice on your desk to switch between computers or switching your keyboard and mouse to another computer that you'd otherwise get with things like a KVM switch. No need to deal with emulation slowdowns or hacks--you can run full systems just like they are regular external monitors on your main machine. Sure I use VMs, AirPlay, video switching hubs, TeamViewer, VNC and similar tools from time to time anyway but Barrier is a much better than a lot of these alternatives much of the time for the kinds of things I've done recently.

Barrier Works With All Mainstream Desktop and Mobile OSes:
I regularly used Barrier to connect Windows, Mac and Linux computers together to use simultaneously with a single keyboard and mouse on my desk. Barrier even connects to Android with software called "DeskDock" (which I have successfully used)--plus with Universal Control you can also control iPadOS with a single mouse and keyboard along with computers connected with Barrier. This means you can use a single keyboard and mouse to control Android, iPadOS, MacOS, Linux and Windows with one keyboard and mouse on a single connected bank of monitors with clipboard text support to seamlessly work across devices on screens with full frame-rates and with very minimal CPU use between systems.

Last edited:
I have an Acer Nitro 5 with Nvidia 3050TI and 16GB of Ram it's got a 144hz screen too.

TD712 said:
I currently have 2 Windows 10 laptops, both HP.
The one I got 2/24/17 is very slow today, and the warranty expired on 2/24/18.
The one I got 7/12/20 is working good, warranty expires on 7/11/21
I'll be running Windows10 until 12 comes out.DildoDesignStation_small.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: littledreamers333 and Pino
Generally I access this site from a Chromebook but if I want something with a bit more grunt I have an HP tower running Ubuntu 22.04 with Linux. I tried to run with w partitioned system that had Windows 10 as well as the Ubuntu but messed up the partitioning so wrecked my MS Partition (am I bothered? Give me Linux/Unix any day as an OS).

Some piece of shit Dell Inspiron desktop I got 8 years ago using hardware that was actually from 9 years ago. Thought that, the GTX 750 (Non-Ti), and the SATA SSD I threw in there were good investments at the time. They were for a while, but then I didn't upgrade before PC hardware became unaffordable and HO BOY 🙃

I don't know, maybe I'll replace it with a newer Optiplex made within the last five years or something so I'm not WAY behind the curve and just only slightly behind the curve. But I think I'm officially priced out on PC gaming
though if anyone wants to buy me a Steam Deck I won't say no

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a acer nitro 5 gaming laptop
Intel core i5 10th generation and rtx 2060
But soon I will change for a PC ^^

50" 4K main monitor wall mounted, ultra wide 2K secondary monitor, Ryzen 7 5800X CPU, ROG motherboard, 32 gigs of ram, and a GeForce 1080 TI. Razor wireless mouse, and a high end mechanical keyboard with all the colors of the rainbow that makes the keys light up so I can type in the dark. Love my setup.

Acer Nitro 5 that I got 7/15/23

My current laptop is an old Mac book Pro from 2014 but I also have other machines both Apple / PC that are even older.

I just can't afford to get a new machine and as my current laptop still works with the modern internet and does everything that I want it to do, I see no reason to upgrade it to a more modern machine.

An amiga 1200!

I've got a gaming PC I've built myself a couple of years ago. Nothing to crazy by todays standard, Ryzen 7 3800X, Radeon RX 6700 XT, 32 GB RAM, running Windows 10.
For work, I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad, but that's only used for work.
I've also owned a Steam Deck for some time now, as it happens a couple of times per year that I have to travel around the country to the customers of the company I work at to listen to their complaints and assure them that everything will get better.

Back