Were you spanked as a child

jackofwichita

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As a child I was spanked and whated to know who else was? All the research that is out there I think there may be a correlation between those who are spanked and being a diaper lover adult baby. Does anyone else think about this?

• Sad
Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Diprs2, ianwee and 7 others
I was spanked as a kid. I won't spank my kids. A meta analysis showed it lowers IQ. As far as ABDL, not sure.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Not only was I spanked as a child. The private school I went to paddled us if we fell out of line (broke the rules)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, ianwee, Blekyss and 6 others
I like it's why I am so antisocial and want to do sneaky things.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BabySkye75
I was spanked a lot until I was 13. And a few times after that.

• Sad
Reactions: Blekyss, Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I was spanked too. Not too terribly often as I was generally a good kid who didn't step out of line often. Wasn't a fan of it.

I like being spanked as an adult in both little and big space, but don't think it has anything to do with being punished as a child.

Reactions: Deleted member 66129, Diprs2, littledub1955 and 2 others
I was spanked as a child and hated it badly. If i ever have kids i wont even consider it.

Reactions: Diprs2 and ianwee
I was, depending on how severely I got in trouble. I don’t think it really had any bearing factor on who I am today though.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, ianwee and 2 others
Yes, I was spanked. My parents grew up in the 1940's and 50's when spanking children was common and this continued through the 80's. Heck spanking in school was also common, even in the 80's. These days teachers can't even touch a child without someone screaming "child abuse." There are much better ways to discipline children, but I definitely don't think spanking leads to ABDL. If that were the case there would be tens of millions of us.
Correlation does not mean causation. The use of fireworks over the summer is positively correlated with the number of flies on picnic tables. That doesn't mean fireworks cause more flies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyrob2310, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 6 others
Maybe twice.

Reactions: Kimberlie
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I was spanked as a kid. I won't spank my kids. A meta analysis showed it lowers IQ. As far as ABDL, not sure.

I don’t agree. I was spanked as a child and I had straight A’s all throughout my years in school including college.

RetroGamerGuy said:
I was spanked as a child and hated it badly. If i ever have kids i wont even consider it.

I said that before I had kids. Once I had them, it wasn’t too long before they were getting swatted on their bottoms. Sure, there’s a line you don’t cross where it becomes beating, but when a child feels pain as a consequence to their bad actions, you better believe they won’t be repeating that action too many times. I have friends who have kids who do not spank them and their kids are little devils. They don’t know the meaning of “no”.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Floodingpants and 12 others
jackofwichita said:
As a child I was spanked and whated to know who else was? All the research that is out there I think there may be a correlation between those who are spanked and being a diaper lover adult baby. Does anyone else think about this?
Yes, I was.
I'd say that in half the cases it was justified.
All the rest, and in particular the way(s) it was done and the additional punishments levied?
Hell no.

Reactions: Diprs2
Yes, I and my sister were both spanked. My sister is not AB or DL (as far as I know), I am.

Neither of us were spanked much nor especially hard, although I really have no idea of the actual number of spankings.

Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955 and uknappygirl
PaddedInPuyallup said:
I don’t agree. I was spanked as a child and I had straight A’s all throughout my years in school including college.

I said that before I had kids. Once I had them, it wasn’t too long before they were getting swatted on their bottoms. Sure, there’s a line you don’t cross where it becomes beating, but when a child feels pain as a consequence to their bad actions, you better believe they won’t be repeating that action too many times. I have friends who have kids who do not spank them and their kids are little devils. They don’t know the meaning of “no”.

Sure, disagree all you want. Sources are cited in the description. I'm a voluntarist, because the word anarchist scares people. It's wrong to initiate force. I'm also glad you got lucky enough to make straight A's, but, you getting lucky, doesn't disprove the meta analysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, InuChan, limeadethief and 2 others
SpAzpieSweeTot said:

Sure, disagree all you want. Sources are cited in the description. I'm a voluntarist, because the word anarchist scares people. It's wrong to initiate force. I'm also glad you got lucky enough to make straight A's, but, you getting lucky, doesn't disprove the meta analysis.

For every study that says it’s bad, there’s a study that says it’s good. Honestly, I’d rather go with my own experience when deciding how to raise my kids. My kids have all been spanked and two are great students and one not so great. Spanking didn’t dictate any of that. It’s just the type of kid they are individually. I don’t believe in beating a kid, but a good swat on the bottom when they are acting out of control or constantly not listening is never a bad idea. I give many chances before I resort to a spank, but you better believe they don’t continue doing what they are doing after the spank. You can tell which are the kids that don’t get disciplined because they are the ones yelling at their parents in public, cussing at them and calling them by first name. Showing total lack of respect. Sorry, but I cannot stand for that.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Shellman, oldskool and 6 others
I was not spanked. My older brother and sister were and there was a substantial gap between them and me. When I came along, my parents decided to go a different way with discipline. In general, I'm considered the best behaved kid in the family.

A few times, yes, including a few paddlings in elementary school. I also disagree with this test, that spankings lead to low IQ's. Although good common sense is more valuable to me , than a high IQ.
However, I do not approve of beatings.

Reactions: Diprs2 and littledub1955
I was spanked as a child, even (well-deserved) as a teenager. I do not enjoy spankings like some here do and it is not part of my AB/DL fantasy (I much prefer to be loved and cared for).

I was not spanked often , I was switched and I was beaten on a regular basics I can remember one time when a neighbor stopped and pull my father off me as he was blooding my face, no I was not spanked often.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, erinwinters and 12srepaid
Back