Vintage Diaper Collection

Would you pay $1000 for 40 Vintage Diapers?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 111 94.9%

• Total voters
I have never really tried a vintage diaper so I don't know what I would pay for one. I do know there's an awful lot of good abdl diapers out there. But out of curiosity I would really like to try several vintage to see what they're made of. But $1,000 for 40 diapers? $1,000 would buy me an awful lot of abdl diapers in a large variety.

Reactions: Deleted member 77437, DLonly and (deleted member)
Pantyman said:
I have never really tried a vintage diaper so I don't know what I would pay for one. I do know there's an awful lot of good abdl diapers out there. But out of curiosity I would really like to try several vintage to see what they're made of. But $1,000 for 40 diapers? $1,000 would buy me an awful lot of abdl diapers in a large variety.
The reason why most people will pay the higher cost is because they’re trying to experience a diaper that’s similar to what kind they wore as a child.. It’s no surprise that the vintage adult diaper that’s closest to vintage 80-90s baby diaper would come from the manufacture of Pampers, P&G. This is why vintage attends are the “go-to”..

Reactions: Deleted member 77437 and (deleted member)
BabyTweetyBird said:
I believe it's all about patents.
China has no qualms when it comes to disregarding a patent, lol. The issue is cost and all the major incontinence manufactured have shaved every cent. No one who has the capital to order the minimum quantity of customer plastic rolls a manufacturing company would need to even entertain accepting that special order… and no one with the means would consider adding to the cost.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
RepaidazeD said:
No one who has the capital to order the minimum quantity of customer plastic rolls a manufacturing company would need to even entertain accepting that special order

including «rubberized» plastics with embossed diamond textures in their surface?

BabyTweetyBird said:
including «rubberized» plastics with embossed diamond textures in their surface?
Lol, “any ABDL” company doesn’t have the resources :) You have to keep in mind that the machinery is only designed to accept certain thicknesses and exact specifications in order to produce the product. That’s why you see so many similarities in thicker diapers whether it’s rearz or northshore. There’s only a handful of machines in China that are capable of outputting a 5000ml+ absorbency diaper.

70sPampers said:
If you are referring to vintage Snugglers fanfold diapers then I am interested in seeing what they look like. See the attached photos for what I think of when someone mentions Snugglers (Snuggies?):

View attachment 74275View attachment 74276View attachment 74277View attachment 74278View attachment 74279View attachment 74280View attachment 74281
I was referring to what Tykables called themselves originally. I obviously misread the post I was referencing. Thanks.

1000 dollars in one shot would be much more productive in an rrsp or tfsa...
So therefore my vote is a hard NO

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and TheWaddlingDad
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
1000 dollars in one shot would be much more productive in an rrsp or tfsa...
So therefore my vote is a hard NO
Invest $1000 into a large cap vanguard fund that’ll be fed into a Blackrocks fund… that’ll then be used to purchase the homes they’ll rent to us for a premium price. Yay future.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and TheWaddlingDad
I have a collection of vintage nappies,. mostly Pampers because I am such a Pampers baby! some are unidentified, maybe there is a vintage nappy expert here who might be able to put a name to them.
The oldest ones I have are from the 70's, one is a Pampers and the other I am sure is a Curity drypers or something, they came with a little bit of paper saying what they were but I lost them, I know which ones the Pampers though as the other has a really strange top sheet that almost feels plasticy and has a dimply appearance. I think those are what were called fan fold nappies (from what I have seen in other comments) I have no recollection of nappies looking like that as I was just a young baby in those days so I find them really interesting because they are so different.
After my most recent acquisition an almost full pack of vintage Ultra Pampers for girls, European design, which are the ones I am familiar with, I most likely will not purchase anymore as its been said they are very expensive and that pack of Pampers cost a fair bit, but at least it was not anywhere like $1000! there was a bit of a bidding war and I was thinking i am going to loose these , they almost caused me a heart attack! funny how some old nappies can have that affect but they are very special to me and I have no regrets. I'll post up some pics of my collection you cna see some of them in my profile pic.

Reactions: Deleted member 77437, 70sPampers and Subtlerustle
Squishynappy said:
I have a collection of vintage nappies,. mostly Pampers because I am such a Pampers baby! some are unidentified, maybe there is a vintage nappy expert here who might be able to put a name to them.
The oldest ones I have are from the 70's, one is a Pampers and the other I am sure is a Curity drypers or something, they came with a little bit of paper saying what they were but I lost them, I know which ones the Pampers though as the other has a really strange top sheet that almost feels plasticy and has a dimply appearance. I think those are what were called fan fold nappies (from what I have seen in other comments) I have no recollection of nappies looking like that as I was just a young baby in those days so I find them really interesting because they are so different.
After my most recent acquisition an almost full pack of vintage Ultra Pampers for girls, European design, which are the ones I am familiar with, I most likely will not purchase anymore as its been said they are very expensive and that pack of Pampers cost a fair bit, but at least it was not anywhere like $1000! there was a bit of a bidding war and I was thinking i am going to loose these , they almost caused me a heart attack! funny how some old nappies can have that affect but they are very special to me and I have no regrets. I'll post up some pics of my collection you cna see some of them in my profile pic.
Hey there @Squishynappy nice to meet you. I myself am somewhat a self-proclaimed vintage Pampers expert (LOL). I have been collecting vintage diapers for coming up on 25 years now. I have been addicted to the 70s era fanfold Pampers since I wore them as a baby myself (back in the late 60s and early 70s and then again as a bed-wetting teen in the mid 80s). I have a growing gallery collection of almost exclusively Pampers, but there are various international brands featured, as well as some adult diapers and some vinyl/plastic pants. Mainly, my fetish is driven by vintage diapers and plastic pants that feature a type of super supple plastic that is often called "diamond-embossed," "rubberized," or "taffeta textured." To the untrained eye the textured on the plastic simply looks "dimply" or like "little bumps," but if you look carefully those little bumps are usually diamond-shaped (thus the name).

Can you take a closeup photo of the odd-looking pleated diapers you mentioned? I should be able to identify the make, the year, and even the size if you have measurements. From there I could probably identify the box or bag they came in (since I have so many photos to browse through).

For reference of what I am talking about, here are some closeups of vintage 70s era pleated plastic Pampers diapers featuring the (now extinct but still famous) diamond embossing:

diamond embossing vintage pampers1.jpg
diamond embossing vintage pampers2.jpg
diamond embossing vintage pampers3.jpg
diamond embossing vintage pampers4.jpegDiapers59.jpg

Reactions: BabylinoAddict, diaperwoody, Deleted member 77437 and 1 other person
Sometimes your best way at possibly finding vintage diapers is at thrift stores or yard sales but you must get there very early. There s Ebay flippers out there and they know about ABDLs who are on the hunt for vintage diapers. So they scour thrift stores and yard sales early and then mark the prices up on Ebay ten fold! I remember seeing a video of a woman who scours GoodWill and other theift outlets for bargains. She mentioned diapers in her article. She said how some have asked her why old diapers would be so in demand and that they wouldnt be too fresh to use anymore. She then said she was aware of the demand for vintage diapers in ABDL groups out there and some will pay crazy money for them. So that is sometimes why you wont always see vintage stuff in thrift stores. Again the key is getting there early.

70sPampers said:
Hey there @Squishynappy nice to meet you. I myself am somewhat a self-proclaimed vintage Pampers expert (LOL). I have been collecting vintage diapers for coming up on 25 years now. I have been addicted to the 70s era fanfold Pampers since I wore them as a baby myself (back in the late 60s and early 70s and then again as a bed-wetting teen in the mid 80s). I have a growing gallery collection of almost exclusively Pampers, but there are various international brands featured, as well as some adult diapers and some vinyl/plastic pants. Mainly, my fetish is driven by vintage diapers and plastic pants that feature a type of super supple plastic that is often called "diamond-embossed," "rubberized," or "taffeta textured." To the untrained eye the textured on the plastic simply looks "dimply" or like "little bumps," but if you look carefully those little bumps are usually diamond-shaped (thus the name).

Can you take a closeup photo of the odd-looking pleated diapers you mentioned? I should be able to identify the make, the year, and even the size if you have measurements. From there I could probably identify the box or bag they came in (since I have so many photos to browse through).

For reference of what I am talking about, here are some closeups of vintage 70s era pleated plastic Pampers diapers featuring the (now extinct but still famous) diamond embossing:

View attachment 125501
View attachment 125502
View attachment 125503
View attachment 125504View attachment 125505
My god, this collection is incredible. I see you have a diaper with the specifications written in Portuguese (Which is my native language). Thank you so much for sharing the details of this diaper, it must be amazing to use them, even though I only use cloth diapers now. I think Pampers are very childish, and wearing them would make me feel so little.

Reactions: 70sPampers
For that much money, I could get custom cloth sewn, which would fit, and not get thrown away!

I've seen prices of $1000 and more on Ebay for the vintage Pampers.
I'd never pay that much for a whole box of them. I'd prefer to buy a few loose ones so that I can have a few different models / brands.
Sadly the cost of shipping from the US (where the vast majority of vintage diapers are located on Ebay) to Europe totally kills it for me.

Last edited:
70sPampers said:

View attachment 125501
View attachment 125502
View attachment 125503
View attachment 125504View attachment 125505
My apologies for the late reply, I shall take some close ups but from what I can remember the plastic has a very similar diamond embossed plastic as in your photos and the tapes are almost like they have a cardboard backing

Reactions: 70sPampers
Squishynappy said:
My apologies for the late reply, I shall take some close ups but from what I can remember the plastic has a very similar diamond embossed plastic as in your photos and the tapes are almost like they have a cardboard backing
Thanks, I will be waiting to see them...

70sPampers said:
Hey there @Squishynappy nice to meet you. I myself am somewhat a self-proclaimed vintage Pampers expert (LOL).

Hey there 70sPampers and anyone else who knows vintage diapers. I am curious specifically about the scent/fragrance of the vintage diapers (70's and 80's pampers scent). Does any still exist in your packs? If so is it much stronger in never opened packs? Does a plastic sealed pack better for holding the scent than a cardboard one? Is there a specific era/type that seems to have kept a stronger scent than others? Can the scent be somewhat re-activated in any way you have found?

I am very open to spending a lot of money on a pack of vintage Pampers, but my only reason to do so would be to re-experience the scent/fragrance if that has somehow held on in some packs to some extent.

Back