Vintage Diaper Collection

Would you pay $1000 for 40 Vintage Diapers?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 111 94.9%

• Total voters

TheWaddlingDad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I really want to start a small collection of vintage diapers. Recently I purchased a small unopened bag of Pampers Baby Dry from 2000. Now I'm on the hunt for more.

However, I'm curious to hear from others who like or collect old style baby diapers. I recently came across a posting on ebay for an unopened pack of 40 Ultra Pampers for girls size M. But the price is $1000 USD. Just wondering if sellers actually get that much for vintage diapers, and would anyone here actually pay that much? I know they are hard to come by but darn that is expensive. At least for me.

• Love
Reactions: littleluvs and 70sPampers
As someone who does collect vintage diapers and training pants, it isn’t unheard of for certain diapers to command large price tags like that, but $1,000 is a stretch especially considering the size of the diapers.

Collectors often want the largest size they made, which is why often you’ll see that the most valuable vintage diapers are the plastic Luvs with Barney on them and the last plastic Pampers, both size 6 of course. Between the fact that they are much larger than today’s size 6 diapers, coupled with their rarity, collectors buy them often as display pieces or to actually try. Even then, at most they only go for a few hundred dollars for a sealed bag.

Ultimately though, it all depends on supply and demand. How many people want something, and how many people are selling. $1,000 for a pack of diapers is ridiculous though.

• Love
Reactions: littleluvs, Deleted member 56273, 70sPampers and 2 others
Collecting the old nappies/ diapers is fun, I like the old packaging of the packs and the old style of the nappies, have a huge collection of nappies pampers huggies and the collection also has old wipes tubs and other related items, could open a museum lol.
But agree with you the nappies can be very expensive $1000 is very expensive for nappies, but collecting them is great 👍🙂

• Love
Reactions: wowser81, Deleted member 56273 and 70sPampers
I've got a bag of Snuggies that is still sealed. I have a single ABU SDK from before Casey bought them out. Oh and an old plastic Tena imported from across the pond, but other than that I don't have anything else of significance. I'd like to collect more, but there is no way I'm paying ebay pricing for vintage diapers.

Reactions: wowser81 and Jbo
Not much of a diaper collection here ..,
Original foot print Rearz, original print Crinklz, sealed sample bags of Attends 6 tab from late 90’s, a lot of vintage plastic backed urinary guards, and a box full of assorted generic vintage hospital diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperedforsuresince17
I collect adult diapers and their wrappers from around the world ... here's just one box :)

collection.jpg

Reactions: diaperwoody, TheDideeboy, wowser81 and 3 others
I have a small handful of vintage diapers...A 1986 Sesame Street babies print tape zone Pampers diaper. It was in my cousins closet with others. I took one knowing they wouldnt miss one. The stuff was sitting in the closet for over a decade. I have also 3 infant sized 1981 Pampers before the waistband was added and a Baby Dry one from 81 as well, maybe a 2T . Boy did they have some crinkle back then. The 81s were from my neighbor who was getting rid of all their kids baby clothes at a large yard sale. SO in the leftovers were some old diapers that must've been mixed in. My neighbor was throwing out all the discolored or ripped clothes and the diapers were in that same bag. So I rescued them and was glad I spotted them. So a little research I found they were from 1981 and yes one of their kids was born around that time. So its not much of a collection but a few vintage ones none the less . I wish I could add some more but the prices are insane for any vintage diapers being sold on the internet. Ebay flippers know the secret demand for vintage diapers. I actually would love to find vintage Attends. I could fit into those in order to try something vintage on but they too are hard to find and very pricey on the net.

• Love
Reactions: XLdiapers, 70sPampers and Deleted member 51889
DiaperedAndDamp said:
I collect adult diapers and their wrappers from around the world ... here's just one box :)

View attachment 68035
Was there any adult diaper packages that mentioned the diaper could be used for bedwetting children? Just curious.

I wonder if there's a demand for greek vintage sposies, particularly old cardboxes from value packs of Gen2 Babylino fanfolds.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers
Babyrobpampers said:
Collecting the old nappies/ diapers is fun, I like the old packaging of the packs and the old style of the nappies, have a huge collection of nappies pampers huggies and the collection also has old wipes tubs and other related items, could open a museum lol.
But agree with you the nappies can be very expensive $1000 is very expensive for nappies, but collecting them is great 👍🙂
I too love collecting the old diapers (or at least photos of the old diapers if I cannot afford the real things). I used to have a huge collect of the actual diapers before a bedbug infestation wiped most of them out. I have been trying to rebuild but money is tight and finding 70s and 80s diapers is nearly impossible--even with eBay!

Between photos and the real things, I specialize in the fanfold diapers of the 70s and very early 80s. I keep a growing collection of photos of the diapers that I like in my Google photo drive (see the link in my signature). Do you have any photos of your diaper collection?

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 51889, wowser81 and Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
I too love collecting the old diapers (or at least photos of the old diapers if I cannot afford the real things). I used to have a huge collect of the actual diapers before a bedbug infestation wiped most of them out. I have been trying to rebuild but money is tight and finding 70s and 80s diapers is nearly impossible--even with eBay!

Between photos and the real things, I specialize in the fanfold diapers of the 70s and very early 80s. I keep a growing collection of photos of the diapers that I like in my Google photo drive (see the link in my signature). Do you have any photos of your diaper collection?

It's your first message after a long absence. Is everything OK? I'm very pleased seeing your first acquisitions of purple 2nd Gen Babylino and Baby Softex fanfolds, I suppose the candy orange will follow next once your bucks are full of money.

How about posting a photo of yourself wearing these goodies 'n' oldies?

Sad to learn your collection fell victim of a nasty bedbug.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers
I have a collection of just about every mainstream diaper sold in the US from the mid-late 2000s until now. My best estimate is somewhere around 4000 diapers, but I am currently going through them and vacuum sealing at least one or two examples of them to keep any moisture out.

• Wow
Reactions: diaperwoody and (deleted member)
Are people interested in Snuggies? I kept two unopened bags, not sure why. I guess i should sell.

I'm all for letting the free market dictate what people will pay for a decades-old package of Pampers, but I'll be watching from the sidelines with my wallet safely out of reach, heh. It could be argued that I'm a diaper collector, as I have more than 200 vintage Curity cloth diapers in my stash. But... I use 'em. Daily! Seldom do I put on a diaper without first stuffing a couple of those old Curitys in it for extra absorbency. It makes me feel especially warm and fuzzy down there to be using the same diapers I was put in as a baby.

Ultra Pampers (For Girls--*blush*) were the first disposable diapers I bought for myself as an adolescent DL in the late 80's. When I see those go by on eBay, my heart does skip a beat, and I can't deny that I'd love to have them again. Unfortunately, I couldn't be trusted with them. It would be like trying to "collect" chocolate chip cookies. My hand would be in the jar, no matter how much the cookies cost. So, basically, I have to look at it from a practical standpoint: Can I justify spending $30-40/diaper on diapers I'm certain to end up peeing in once and throwing away? Definitely not.

Last edited:
There's some cute vintage diapers, but not enough to warrant that price for sure to me. If I ever see them at like a garage sale of thrift store, I'd absolutely go for them. I got some vintage Goodnites at a garage sale one time, I forget how much but it was probably like a dollar or something. A lot cheaper than even buying them at a store normally, so of course I'm going to go for that. It was an open pack, so probably not worth $1000 dollars or anything, but they were still in good condition so I still considered it a pretty lucky find.

Beyond that though, no, I wouldn't really be interested in overpaying that much for them. If I had the kind of money to spend on diapers it'd take to collect vintage diapers at $1000 dollars each, I'd look into how much it'd cost to get some manufacturing machines to print my own diapers with whatever designs I want instead.

I try to save one of each design from packs I get though. Guess that might turn into some form of vintage diaper collection after a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
70sPampers said:

Sounds really cool the packs of nappies are good I’m even now going into the empty boxes of nappies or packs also,

Yes I’d be happy to show some photos will need to get out the collection and sort through them 🙂

plasticsounds said:
Are people interested in Snuggies? I kept two unopened bags, not sure why. I guess i should sell.
If you are referring to vintage Snugglers fanfold diapers then I am interested in seeing what they look like. See the attached photos for what I think of when someone mentions Snugglers (Snuggies?):

Snugglers1.JPGSnugglers2.JPGSnugglers3.JPGSnugglers8.jpgSnugglers9.jpgbabies in vintage diapers24.jpgSnugglers11.png

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 51889 and Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
If you are referring to vintage Snugglers fanfold diapers then I am interested in seeing what they look like. See the attached photos for what I think of when someone mentions Snugglers (Snuggies?):

View attachment 74275View attachment 74276View attachment 74277View attachment 74278View attachment 74279View attachment 74280View attachment 74281
Some of the illustrations (such as the flipping plastic waistshield) were also used by P&G and Viopharm in the early 1980s.

Untitled.jpg

Rakvirsza said:
There's some cute vintage diapers, but not enough to warrant that price for sure to me. If I ever see them at like a garage sale of thrift store, I'd absolutely go for them. I got some vintage Goodnites at a garage sale one time, I forget how much but it was probably like a dollar or something. A lot cheaper than even buying them at a store normally, so of course I'm going to go for that. It was an open pack, so probably not worth $1000 dollars or anything, but they were still in good condition so I still considered it a pretty lucky find.

Beyond that though, no, I wouldn't really be interested in overpaying that much for them. If I had the kind of money to spend on diapers it'd take to collect vintage diapers at $1000 dollars each, I'd look into how much it'd cost to get some manufacturing machines to print my own diapers with whatever designs I want instead.

I try to save one of each design from packs I get though. Guess that might turn into some form of vintage diaper collection after a while.
Getting a manufacturing machine would be $100K+.. What you’d do is reach out to a Chinese Manufacture and order a 40ft cargo containers worth of diapers. The only issue is these will never be the same as vintage as no matter how hard one tries to replicate, those materials no longer exist.. That thicker plastic vinyl-like backing does not exist.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: diaperwoody, durgan87 and (deleted member)
RepaidazeD said:
Getting a manufacturing machine would be $100K+.. What you’d do is reach out to a Chinese Manufacture and order a 40ft cargo containers worth of diapers. The only issue is these will never be the same as vintage as no matter how hard one tries to replicate, those materials no longer exist.. That thicker plastic vinyl-like backing does not exist.

I believe it's all about patents.

Back