Victorian Clothing

Seasonedcitizen said:
Two more photos of girls at the photographer. Being dressed frilly for normal for those who could afford it.
nothing has changed since the if you want nice frillies lol

The woman on the right is outside on a cold day. She has heels.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1283.jpeg
    IMG_1283.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Sissyleslie
The hats were interesting in that era. I think just about everyone wore hats.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Today’s cute clothes. The photo on the right is of a boy and a girl. Boys had their hair parted on the side.

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Angelapinks and dogboy
Always amazing how customs change over the years. I've often wondered if Victorian clothes were uncomfortable to wear. I'm mostly in cotton because I find it soft and comfortable. I hate wearing scratchy clothes. In in the Victorian era, they bathed less. At least I think that was the case. I guess they got used to it.

A nice staged photo of a girl cutting a light beam.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Angelapinks
dogboy said:
Always amazing how customs change over the years. I've often wondered if Victorian clothes were uncomfortable to wear. I'm mostly in cotton because I find it soft and comfortable. I hate wearing scratchy clothes. In in the Victorian era, they bathed less. At least I think that was the case. I guess they got used to it.
I saw a story of a man who spent a bit of time dressed and living in a Victorian era setting. He mentioned that the clothing was comfortable. I like the young girl photos because the clothing is very frilly. Every Sissy should be dressed in frilly clothes.

Reactions: dogboy, Sissyleslie and Angelapinks
Here are some more photos.
20230805_110331.jpg
20230805_110519.jpg
20230805_110636.jpg
20230805_110742.jpg

In the first photo, the boy's outfit is interesting as it combines the velvet of a Fauntleroy suit with the stripes of a sailor suit.

Reactions: dogboy, Seasonedcitizen and Angelapinks
Thank you Leslie, intreguing.

The photos are from a book I have about the Victorian nursery.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Angelapinks
oh god, my mom growing up had a thing for old fashioned little boy saillor suits with all the trimmings. hated them hated them just one more gentle push into becomin suzette lol

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Angelapinks
SuzetteSissy said:
oh god, my mom growing up had a thing for old fashioned little boy saillor suits with all the trimmings. hated them hated them just one more gentle push into becomin suzette lol
I remember my mum putting me in a little white sailor suit when I was 4 or 5. White knee socks and little shiny black Mary Jane shoes and I kind of loved it until my cousin called me sissyboy. I was surrounded by my aunts and mum who all said he looks very cute.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuzetteSissy and Seasonedcitizen
Angelapinks said:
I remember my mum putting me in a little white sailor suit when I was 4 or 5. White knee socks and little shiny black Mary Jane shoes and I kind of loved it until my cousin called me sissyboy. I was surrounded by my aunts and mum who all said he looks very cute.
What a wonderful memory, Angel, of course not including the remarks by your cousins. Can you remember how you felt when you heard the compliments from the ladies?

When our son was born and then a toddler, we dressed him in a cute white and blue sailor suit. I still have the old pictures.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Seasonedcitizen
dogboy said:
When our son was born and then a toddler, we dressed him in a cute white and blue sailor suit. I still have the old pictures.
Would you be willing to share? (If not, I certainly understand with the current concern about the misuse of such photographs.)

Two children.

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: dogboy
BuddyBoy said:
What a wonderful memory, Angel, of course not including the remarks by your cousins. Can you remember how you felt when you heard the compliments from the ladies?
Yes I was very happy and I knew my aunties loved me cause they were always giving me sweeties on the sly.

Angelapinks said:
Yes I was very happy and I knew my aunties loved me cause they were always giving me sweeties on the sly.
Beautiful!

Reactions: Angelapinks
Who wants to be dressed like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Abnalover, dogboy, Sissyleslie and 1 other person
Back