Victorian Clothing

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
From 1850-1920 children were frilly clothes. Boys were kept in dresses since diaper changing was easier. This is how I’d like to be dressed.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: LittleUK1, CoastieKate, dogboy and 4 others
  • Love
Reactions: mistykitty, Angelapinks and Seasonedcitizen
The following photos are from a book I have called 'Victorian and Edwardian Children From Old Photographs '

20230627_192658.jpg

20230627_192803.jpg

The first two photos are interesting, as it is hard to tell if they are boys in dresses, or merely girls with boyish haircuts. One of the captions in the book actually reads " Boy or girl?, Birmingham c.1890".(The second photo).

There is no doubt that in this 3rd photo, it is definitely a girl. I love the skipping rope. Even though I cannot use one, it would make a great prop if I want to photograph myself in a sissy girl's dress.

20230627_192943.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CoastieKate, Angelapinks and Seasonedcitizen
Sissyleslie said:
The following photos are from a book I have called 'Victorian and Edwardian Children From Old Photographs '

View attachment 112089

View attachment 112090

The first two photos are interesting, as it is hard to tell if they are boys in dresses, or merely girls with boyish haircuts. One of the captions in the book actually reads " Boy or girl?, Birmingham c.1890".(The second photo).

There is no doubt that in this 3rd photo, it is definitely a girl. I love the skipping rope. Even though I cannot use one, it would make a great prop if I want to photograph myself in a sissy girl's dress.

View attachment 112091
Boys had their hair parted.
I get stuff every day about Victorian photos in my fb feed. I’ll start posting them.

Some more Victorian photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1219.jpeg
    IMG_1219.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1220.jpeg
    IMG_1220.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1222.jpeg
    IMG_1222.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1224.jpeg
    IMG_1224.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: CoastieKate
A few more.

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpeg
    IMG_1220.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: CoastieKate, Sissyleslie and Floodingpants
Wonderful! - the clothing in the photographs are very cute.😍 Thank you for sharing!

Another one. Lots of frilly stuff for a cross dresser then.

This was before the cheap personal camera. You had to go to a photographer and get your picture done. Cross dressers, gay men and women were photographed. I saw a “wedding” photo of a CD who played the bride and groom. It was a double exposure to get the desired result. The photographer was good, you would think it was a real couple.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpeg
    IMG_1228.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: dogboy and Sissyleslie
As a sissy, I love all that frilly clothing.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Sissyleslie said:
As a sissy, I love all that frilly clothing.
Search “petticoatpond”, a site for petticoat lovers. Loads of frilly stuff to excite you.

Many thanks. I will check it out.

Seasonedcitizen said:
Search “petticoatpond”, a site for petticoat lovers. Loads of frilly stuff to excite you.
I did check the website and it's terrific. In particular, I loved the photos of the young lady dressed as Alice in Wonderland. (And there were lots of them!)🙂

Two more Victorian era photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpeg
    IMG_0428.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Sissyleslie
Seasonedcitizen said:
Two more Victorian era photos.
Very cute. Especially the outfits in the 2nd photo.

Thank you citizen for getting this started and the sissies who contributed to it. Truly delightful. Some of the photos are of boys who appear too old for diapers and baby dresses but are, nevertheless, in girls clothes. Victorian petticoating?

BuddyBoy said:
Thank you citizen for getting this started and the sissies who contributed to it. Truly delightful. Some of the photos are of boys who appear too old for diapers and baby dresses but are, nevertheless, in girls clothes. Victorian petticoating?
I’m old, but not that old. I can’t speak from experience. There may not have been a rush to put boys in pants so potty training wasn’t a priority. Also they might be potty trained but kept in a dress until they out grew it. Clothing was expensive and children grow quickly.

I love Victorian-style clothing as well. Some time ago I bought this blouse, and I love everything about it - except for how loose it is around the collar. So I've ripped open the stitches and removed the collar, and now it's just waiting for me to have enough time to get out the sewing machine and add a collar that is higher and tighter.

112077baa1aa56a31e95cfa081a68b41.jpg

Everything about it screams 'sissy', even the cuffs as you can see in this photo:

51Yu8C7AeYL._AC_SX679._SX._UX._SY._UY_.png

Seasonedcitizen said:
I’m old, but not that old. I can’t speak from experience. There may not have been a rush to put boys in pants so potty training wasn’t a priority. Also they might be potty trained but kept in a dress until they out grew it. Clothing was expensive and children grow quickly.
All good points, citizen allow me to offer one more: up to, and through the Victorian era, corporal punishment was the norm. During the latter, half of the 19th century, petty coating was tried as a more humane alternative. The belief was that feminine clothes would calm the rambunctious boy. What do you think?

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy and Seasonedcitizen
PooMinara said:
I love Victorian-style clothing as well. Some time ago I bought this blouse, and I love everything about it - except for how loose it is around the collar. So I've ripped open the stitches and removed the collar, and now it's just waiting for me to have enough time to get out the sewing machine and add a collar that is higher and tighter.

View attachment 112542

Everything about it screams 'sissy', even the cuffs as you can see in this photo:

View attachment 112543
Thank you for sharing, Minara. It reminds me of the ones I wore with velvet short pants during my youth.

• Love
Reactions: PooMinara and Seasonedcitizen
BuddyBoy said:
All good points, citizen allow me to offer one more: up to, and through the Victorian era, corporal punishment was the norm. During the latter, half of the 19th century, petty coating was tried as a more humane alternative. The belief was that feminine clothes would calm the rambunctious boy. What do you think?
“Petticoating” is a big theme in CD fantasy stories. I have no idea how or if was used in that period.

Years ago a CD told us a story. He got suspended from school for a week which didn’t make his mother happy. He was a pain at home and remarked that his sisters had better clothing than he did. His mom got pissed and dressed him as a girl until he had to go back to school. No matter what he purposely did afterwards, she didn’t dress him again.

I did read of a mother who got some flack for sending her misbehaving son to school in a skirt and lipstick.

Back