Using the Bathroom with Diapers

tunafish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
How do you work to pee in the bathroom with a diaper on? If you do, do you just wear a pull-up? Or do you take your diaper off? I know it defeats the purpose for some but for IC people, what if you can make it to the bathroom? What's a diaper you can refasten all the time?

I wear depend pull ups full time for my FI. I use the toilet for urination.

I use pull-ups during the day for accident prevention. This makes it trivial to use a toilet. I've also sometimes used the TENA FLEX diaper, which velcro fastens to a belt (it also allows me to have "airing days"). The FLEX also makes it easy to use a toilet but is probably not suitable for those with BM problems, however.

Reactions: tunafish
i just grab the bottom of the diaper and pull it down, sit down and use the bathroom and shimmy the diaper back up

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, tunafish, littlefun and 1 other person
I just pull my little friend out the leg opening and let'er rip. Easy peasy,, even with a onsie on.

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, tunafish, Babyman1224 and 2 others
I wear MegaMaxes mostly and I am able to shimmy them down and back up if need be.

• Love
Reactions: tunafish and DLScottsman
diapernh said:
i just grab the bottom of the diaper and pull it down, sit down and use the bathroom and shimmy the diaper back up
Exactly what I do.

If my plan is to use the bathroom and not my diaper I wear a pull-up. That way I can drop it and pull it back up yet it's there for protection. In my early days of wearing I would go into the bathroom stall and relieve myself in my diaper. That was before I had the ability to use a diaper anytime I wanted.

I gave up peeing in the bathroom once my IC issue grew to the point of me needing to wear 24/7 and I started to not make it to the bathroom in time more often it just was not worth the stress.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
On,y time I go to the bathroom is either to have a wash , shower or clean up after pooping a cloth nappy
And down stairs toilet to empty the tumble dryer’s water out .
I don’t go near any toilets when out and about unless I need to change a nappy

As others have said, either pull out my ” little friend” from the leg opening or do the diaper shimmy down and then back up again.
it is much easier if you are wearing a hook and loop diaper. Even though you can’t rip open a tape on a taped diaper I find that the just doesn’t stick as well when reapplied. And ripping off the tape is very noisy.

Since I wear diapers most days to work, but the office isn't that big and I have coworkers with an office on both sides of bathroom that can hear stuff, I don't change at work. I pull down the back after unsnapping tank top onesie if doing number two or since I'm a guy, don't have to pull down front to still pee in toliet. Since they are usually something like a crinklz/betterdry or north shore supreme, it seems to do okay with pulling slightly down. I do use the diaper here and there when out on jobs or when I can't get to toliet on time. I'd love to change mid day like I used to when I lived close to work, but I don't anymore. If I'm doing something after work, I often will change diapers at the mall bathrooms since it's less awkward to have a backpack there or have a diaper under my shirt to change into.

Sames as others slip it out and pee if i have too.. of course I usually just wet in my diaper, for poop I usually time it to changes

Reactions: tunafish and NappiedTruckDriver
Although diaper trained for 24/7 full use, this pup tries to avoid #2 in public and will use a toilet for that when possible... Always in high quality plastic AB/DL diapers with plastic shell and tapes - while understanding that every diaper fits everyones unique body differently, this pup can't "shimmy" down it's diaper without breaking it or stretching it so much it won't stay up.

Instead of shimmying down, this pup simply untapes one side of the diaper and presses the tapes back into their factory position and slides the diaper down the leg it's still attached to then pulls up and reattaches when done. For second chance tapes, almost never have an issue reattaching to where it was before. Anything with a tapping panel can usually be retaped multiple times if necessary, but there is always the chance of breaking the diaper somehow when doing this.

This is reality rare now since work from home. Preferred is only removing a diaper when getting changed into a fresh one - toilets are not part of my hygiene vocabulary.

Last edited:
I want my diapers to last as much as I can, because I have to buy them discreetly and hide them from my family.

I usually do both in the toilet and, when it's time to change, I go wee before removing the diaper, as I like to feel the warmth.

If I go poopoo, I have to be alone and in another place away from my family. However, if I feel adventurous enough to go deeper with my farts, I can let out a bit, finish on the toilet, change and toss it quickly, without the smell being a problem (it's not the same as completely messing, but it's enough for that situation).

I wish there was a way to spray my ass with some water effectively outside, wipes end up being uncomfortable for me when I mess 🙄

A pul-up would definitely work for this. But any decent hook and loop tabs/diaper would work just fine. I have used the cloth back cushies and thay are great for this. 2 tabs means you can just undo one and pee.😄

If I need to go #2- I just unfasten only the top tapes, shimmy the diapers down to my ankles and make sure my pants is high enough to hide the diapers so people in other stalls don’t see my diapers. And once I’m done- shim it up and remaster the tapes. I find the ones with front landing zones easier to un-tape and re-tape. Have not tried the hook n loop diapers.

When you un-tape them, make sure to fold the tapes in so that they don’t get caught on something and rip it.

Why bother if you have diapers on. I don't pee in the potty, I pee in my diapers and rubber pants. Try to time my pooping for the morning when its time for my diapers to be changed.

Reactions: puravidadip
Im always wearing a diaper, so I'll just pee in my diaper. I only use the potty to poop. I pull my diaper down from the top of the tapes, then I use wipes to clean myself up, then just pull my diaper back up.

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot, Wilfulwetter and GoodNitesBoy98
tunafish said:
How do you work to pee in the bathroom with a diaper on? If you do, do you just wear a pull-up? Or do you take your diaper off? I know it defeats the purpose for some but for IC people, what if you can make it to the bathroom? What's a diaper you can refasten all the time?
Personally I like the Mega max. I never undo a tape I can shimmy them down and back up. The re enforced landing strip lets the rapes hold tight and they don't stretch and loosen. Some brands if you do that you will rip the plastic by the tape or rip the tape off or the best case the entire diaper loosens because it stretches around the tape. Total dry secure X plus was the first diaper I used with it but Mega max and rearz have them too. I love these kind of diapers because they hold up well when a diaper is very wet and don't let it sag. I have a big bubble butt too and make it work for me. Other than that if you really want to un fasten and re fasten get some that have double tapes for adjustment. I also here the velcro style on Tykables or even beyond 5,000 work well but I have not tried either myself.

Reactions: tunafish and chamberpot
Back