Using diaper cream

Babytoodler5

⭐️I love being in my diaper 🚼🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, I want to preface this by saying that I've never tried/had to use diaper cream. Usually, I just diaper up with a generous amount of powder. The last few days I've had some digestive issues, so I haven't been wearing diapers much; however, the constant wiping down there did create some pretty severe chafing/rash. Well, I was feeling better today so I decided I wanted to wear diapers but I was still fairly sore in between the cheeks. So I went to to CVS and got some Desitin diaper cream. I applied when I got home, then powdered my front area and taped on a Betterdry. Wow! Something about HAVING to use diaper cream for a rash and then putting on a diaper really made me feel little. What a feeling.....has anyone else felt the same way about diaper cream?

No, but I do use barrier cream frequently when I sense my skin is starting to be irritated when I wet.
I don’t see the benefits of powder, what is it good for?

Yes! I've gotten rashes several times, when I've worn a wet/messy diaper for longer than planned. I now apply diaper cream if I intend to be wet/messy for longer than ~3 hours.

And, you're right! There's something humiliating/exciting and super cozy about it all.

Diaper cream also makes the whole area feel smoother and makes for a better experience.

I use metanium everyday barrier ointment. I rub a little on my bum and also between my legs, particually if I intend to be wearing a nappy for an extended time. if for any reason I forget to put my creme on. i usually end up with a little rash in that area. luckily it usually clears up n goes away.

Back