Trying to Work, Trying to Play - Commission by MinetteFraise

JustAGirl said:
Oh wow! How very cool, you have much talent there.
Oh, I wish I could take credit for the artwork, but it's a commission. Credit goes to MinetteFraise. She's a fairly popular furry artist who does a lot of babyfur/diaperfur art specifically. Perhaps I'll share one of my own drawings here at some point, but I'd need to develop more artistic skill, more courage, or (ideally) both!

Reactions: KBoy and BBBen
Omg that is absolutely adorable!! I love it!! Sorry for not seeing this until now. If it's ok for me to ask, is the human representation of you in the art reflective of your irl physical appearance?

PrettyLilPrincess said:
Omg that is absolutely adorable!! I love it!! Sorry for not seeing this until now. If it's ok for me to ask, is the human representation of you in the art reflective of your irl physical appearance?
Oh gosh, no problem! And yup, that's a pretty faithful representation of me. Or, well... of my body shape and hair, anyway! At some point maybe I'll see if somebody wants to do a full-on caricature of me from the front. Then I could have a wall of Cottontails behind me, looking over my shoulders and expressing variations on bewilderment and disinterest while code reflects in my glasses, ha ha. But nah... I think we'll be moving on from human me. I just wanted to do it once.

Reactions: KBoy and PrettyLilPrincess
I absolutely love this picture! It’s such a cute concept too! Wonderful!

Reactions: KBoy and Cottontail
It looks like you are also a recorder player of some seriousness, as you have multiple instruments of different ranges on display. Nice to meet another musician!

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
I love the contrast of your little side wanting to come out but you have to solve the issue at hand. the picture on the wall is my favorite part.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Cottontail
PadPhilosopher said:
It looks like you are also a recorder player of some seriousness, as you have multiple instruments of different ranges on display. Nice to meet another musician!
I was, among other things, an oboist. I used to perform at weddings with some friends during my summers home from school. Not a bad gig, especially once I turned 21. :) But anyway, I didn't keep it up, and my embouchure's toast now. Recorder fingerings are just oboe fingerings with all the shortcuts removed. They're fun to noodle on, and no embouchure required. Sometimes I'll record half of a duet into the computer and then accompany myself. (That's when I really have nothing to do!)

Dare I ask your musical weapon of choice?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher and dogboy
Cottontail said:
I was, among other things, an oboist. I used to perform at weddings with some friends during my summers home from school. Not a bad gig, especially once I turned 21. :) But anyway, I didn't keep it up, and my embouchure's toast now. Recorder fingerings are just oboe fingerings with all the shortcuts removed. They're fun to noodle on, and no embouchure required. Sometimes I'll record half of a duet into the computer and then accompany myself. (That's when I really have nothing to do!)

Haha....I remember the oboists and bassoonists playing with their reeds before a performance when we were singing at Philharmonic Hall or Carnegie. It was always fascinating. The first chair oboe would give the A to the concert violinist and the entire orchestra would tune to that A.

Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher and Cottontail
Cottontail said:

I know enough instruments badly (and none well) that my weapon of choice varies by the required activity. If I don't have to carry it, for general audiences I'll pick piano. If I do have to carry it, the specific audience will make a lot of difference in what I pick.

Reactions: BBBen and Cottontail
dogboy said:
Haha....I remember the oboists and bassoonists playing with their reeds before a performance when we were singing at Philharmonic Hall or Carnegie. It was always fascinating. The first chair oboe would give the A to the concert violinist and the entire orchestra would tune to that A.
My high school girlfriend was the bassoonist. The reed players were the better kissers. :) I held on to first-chair oboe until my senior year when I was ousted by a little red-haired girl with ponytails. No joke. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." ;) (She went on to play professionally.)

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, BBBen and PadPhilosopher
Cottontail said:
You don't see much art featuring both fursonas and their humans. Maybe that's because it spoils the illusion, but I'll be brave:

View attachment 127885

Some fun facts:
  • This was based on an actual photo of me sitting at my desk working. I work as an electrical engineer, and the image on the screen is of a design I was working on back in November.
  • Yup! I'm a furry who's rather the opposite of furry IRL. Ironic!
  • My actual desk is a lot larger and a lot messier than that, but in art, authentic-looking messes cost more. :)
  • I often dress "little" while working, but I wanted a contrast, so I went for "stodgy" in the reference photo. (At least I didn't wear shoes!)
  • I do have a set of recorders and Irish whistles on my desk which I grab and play with while I'm thinking over a problem. It's a weird habit. And thankfully nobody's around to hear me most days, because I'm not exactly good.
  • The blue mouse under the monitor is one I've had since I was a baby.
  • I didn't know Minette was going to try to draw the wall picture, so I didn't tell her what it was of. In reality, it's a crowd of people wearing different colored shirts. She drew it as a field of flowers. I thought that was a cute misinterpretation, so I didn't say anything. (If you're wondering why I'd have a picture of a crowd of people on my office wall, it's a photo of my team at my previous job--all 1000 of us!)
This picture is precious you should totally frame it! I tried drawing a picture once of me cradling my character before but I got to nervous

Reactions: Cottontail and PadPhilosopher
BrandonLittlebun said:
This picture is precious you should totally frame it! I tried drawing a picture once of me cradling my character before but I got to nervous
Aww, I think that would be a fun one too. I hope you eventually do it. I've been trying to get up the nerve to commission a plushie of my fursona, but it's really difficult. I've had a few digital art commissions that didn't quite go to plan, but at least they aren't sitting around taking up physical space. On the other hand, if something like a plushie doesn't turn out, what do you do with it? I instantly attribute feelings to inanimate objects, especially toys, and that makes it really difficult to part with them. A botched Cottontail plushie would probably have to become her near-lookalike cousin or something, heh.

I should probably just stick to tails and ears!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BrandonLittlebun, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
What perfect timing, I needed a bit of cottontail in my life as the project was I working on was stalling. A bright movement changed all of that!!

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail and PadPhilosopher
Cottontail said:
Aww, I think that would be a fun one too. I hope you eventually do it. I've been trying to get up the nerve to commission a plushie of my fursona, but it's really difficult. I've had a few digital art commissions that didn't quite go to plan, but at least they aren't sitting around taking up physical space. On the other hand, if something like a plushie doesn't turn out, what do you do with it? I instantly attribute feelings to inanimate objects, especially toys, and that makes it really difficult to part with them. A botched Cottontail plushie would probably have to become her near-lookalike cousin or something, heh.

I should probably just stick to tails and ears!
It's funny you should say that because my OC actually fell in a plushie machine and was part plushie that is how I understand the whole animate inanimate thing hehe :) I can relate. OCs change over time so you can always make a plush that can be changed up

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Cottontail
Back