Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
You don't see much art featuring both fursonas and their humans. Maybe that's because it spoils the illusion, but I'll be brave:

Cottontai1 - flat - bluechair - postingsize - smaller.png

Some fun facts:
  • This was based on an actual photo of me sitting at my desk working. I work as an electrical engineer, and the image on the screen is of a design I was working on back in November.
  • Yup! I'm a furry who's rather the opposite of furry IRL. Ironic!
  • My actual desk is a lot larger and a lot messier than that, but in art, authentic-looking messes cost more. :)
  • I often dress "little" while working, but I wanted a contrast, so I went for "stodgy" in the reference photo. (At least I didn't wear shoes!)
  • I do have a set of recorders and Irish whistles on my desk which I grab and play with while I'm thinking over a problem. It's a weird habit. And thankfully nobody's around to hear me most days, because I'm not exactly good.
  • The blue mouse under the monitor is one I've had since I was a baby.
  • I didn't know Minette was going to try to draw the wall picture, so I didn't tell her what it was of. In reality, it's a crowd of people wearing different colored shirts. She drew it as a field of flowers. I thought that was a cute misinterpretation, so I didn't say anything. (If you're wondering why I'd have a picture of a crowd of people on my office wall, it's a photo of my team at my previous job--all 1000 of us!)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BrandonLittlebun, FeeshStix, messydiaper and 27 others
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, StarryNight, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
Cottontail said:
You don't see much art featuring both fursonas and their humans. Maybe that's because it spoils the illusion, but I'll be brave:

View attachment 127885

Some fun facts:
  • This was based on an actual photo of me sitting at my desk working. I work as an electrical engineer, and the image on the screen is of a design I was working on back in November.
  • My actual desk is a lot larger and a lot messier than that, but in art, authentic-looking messes cost more. :)
  • I often dress "little" while working, but I wanted a contrast, so I went for "stodgy" in the reference photo. (At least I didn't wear shoes!)
  • I do have a set of recorders and Irish whistles on my desk which I grab and play with while I'm thinking over a problem. It's a weird habit. And thankfully nobody's around to hear me most days, because I'm not exactly good.
  • I didn't know Minette was going to try to draw the wall picture, so I didn't tell her what it was of. In reality, it's a crowd of people wearing different colored shirts. She drew it as a field of flowers. I thought that was a cute misinterpretation, so I didn't say anything. (If you're wondering why I'd have a picture of a crowd of people on my office wall, it's a photo of my team at my previous job--all 1000 of us!)
That looks really cute

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater, StarryNight and 3 others
I would find it impossible to get any work done with all the company around. I tried a like thing with grandkids. Yaa, that didn't last long!

Truly great art!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KBoy, StarryNight and 3 others
Edgewater said:
I would find it impossible to get any work done with all the company around. I tried a like thing with grandkids. Yaa, that didn't last long!
I'd think not, ha ha! I get that treatment during the summer when my kids are here in the house with me every day. My office is right off the game room too, so... yeah... They know they're not supposed to bug me, but often they just can't help it.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KBoy, mistykitty and 3 others
Adorable picture. Really creative and so playfully expressive of all characters and details in it! Really cool.(y)

Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, Edgewater and 3 others
That's pawsome 🦊😁

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, Edgewater and 2 others
Cottontail said:

View attachment 127885

Some fun facts:
That is amazing. What a statement contrasting the "GOTTA DO'S vs. the WANNA DO'S". As much as I love it, looking at the image almost makes me feel sad because we have to do what we have to do. I applaud you for having your priorities in the right order. It is not always easy to do.

Reactions: KBoy, Cottontail and Edgewater
littlemoosey said:
As much as I love it, looking at the image almost makes me feel sad because we have to do what we have to do.
That was exactly the intended effect. These last couple of months have definitely been... "worky." Of course that's good for other reasons, but the little side has certainly suffered some neglect. Things will rebalance themselves though. They always do. (Or have so far!)

Reactions: KBoy and Woncrinklz
Cottontail said:
That was exactly the intended effect. These last couple of months have definitely been... "worky." Of course that's good for other reasons, but the little side has certainly suffered some neglect. Things will rebalance themselves though. They always do. (Or have so far!)
Oh thank you very much for sharing this very nice piece your talent.
Love to see what you share next.

Reactions: KBoy and Cottontail
Awesome, but are your animal friends helping you or distracting you because they're so cute?

Reactions: KBoy, littlemoosey and Cottontail
foxkits said:
Oh thank you very much for sharing this very nice piece your talent.
Love to see what you share next.
Well, thank you. I can only take credit for the concept though. Minette did the art. I've worked with her a few times and it's always fun.

dogboy said:
Awesome, but are your animal friends helping you or distracting you because they're so cute?
That's my metaphorical little side there, and the answer is... Both! Always. But seldom in equal measure. It really depends on the project. I tend to oscillate between devoted workaholism and just numbly executing my job responsibilities. It really depends on the project and how much creativity is called for. Accordingly, my little side is either frustrated by my inattention (as shown), or is being indulged when it probably shouldn't be, ha ha. I'm sure most of us fight the same battles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, KBoy and BBBen
That came out very well, Cottontail! I notice that Cottontail rabbit's band-aids are different for each of her iterations. Is that supposed to show the passage of time? Like to illustrate how this struggle is an ongoing thing?

Labrador said:
That came out very well, Cottontail! I notice that Cottontail rabbit's band-aids are different for each of her iterations. Is that supposed to show the passage of time? Like to illustrate how this struggle is an ongoing thing?
Yeah, you could think of it as sort of a time lapse, or different scenarios superimposed. I'm going to leave that a little ambiguous. The purple square one on the cheek is quite becoming, I think. She might wear that one again in the future. :)

Reactions: Edgewater and KBoy
Cottontail said:

View attachment 127885

Some fun facts:
MammaBunny loves your picture.

Cute! I love your fursona ❤️

The picture is very cool and remebers me about then my cat is comming in at homeoffice 🙈🥰 hope you have time for Cottontail after evry working session

This is really sweet! I just have one question: sir you are working with one monitor? You should get yourself a second if not a third! You'd be amazed how helpful it is

unnamed said:
This is really sweet! I just have one question: sir you are working with one monitor? You should get yourself a second if not a third! You'd be amazed how helpful it is
Indeed I have only one screen on this computer, but it's a 27" 5K screen (the drawing doesn't quite capture that), so I don't feel at all cramped. I have had a dual-monitor setup in the past, but on this one I can have two pages of code or two other applications side by side without any difficulty. My screen, keyboard, and trackpad actually sit on a standing desk unit that's just as wide as the screen (I spend about half my time standing), so it would require some big changes to have a second screen.

But also, as I said above, this is a very tidy portrayal of things. In reality, my "desk" is a workbench that wraps around the entire room and is an uninterrupted expanse of equipment. This isn't as much an office as it is a claustrophobic catastrophe of a lab. :)

BBBen said:
he picture is very cool and remebers me about then my cat is comming in at homeoffice 🙈🥰 hope you have time for Cottontail after evry working session
I often manage to incorporate some littleness into my workdays, so I really can't complain. There are times when I feel a bit like the drawing though!

Reactions: KBoy, unnamed, dogboy and 1 other person
Cottontail said:

View attachment 127885

Some fun facts:
Oh wow! How very cool, you have much talent there.

Reactions: KBoy, BBBen and Cottontail
Back