Things toddlers do that you wish you could get away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Get all the piggy-back/horsie/airplaine rides that I have long been too big for.
- Hide in tiny places, like under the couch cussions.
- Run and jump around the room and revel in BIG it is. Oh, what adventure I could have!
- Wear adorable princess dresses and spin and spin and spin untill I fall down, then do it again.
- Get cuddles when I cry.
- Move around as much as I like without worrying I will break someting, or someone.
- Surround myself with stuffed animals and toys without people thinking I am weird.
- Not worrying about when to eat, or sleep, or even go potty. That's what grownups are for.

Being able to have meltdowns, in public, and get sympathy. I really think I'd have less problems with depression and anxiety if I were able to do this.

I'd like to take a bite outta crime and get away with it! Ruuuuuff!

...... ..... No wait. I misunderstood.

Uuuuuuum! I'd like to be able to ride around in a stroller, that'd be pretty neat. The windows are tinted in the car, so the carseat works for nooooow, but it's no stroller. Uuuuum! I'd like to skip bedtime without being fussed at, that'd be co - no wait. You can't skip bedtime. WELL DARN! THIS IS DIFFICULT

You'll think of something at some point ,cereal!

tinyinside said:
Being able to have meltdowns, in public, and get sympathy. I really think I'd have less problems with depression and anxiety if I were able to do this.

Aggreed!

Angelic said:
You'll think of something at some point ,cereal!

D'aw! You're like a little cheerful cheerer! You take the cake on the response, Though. <^.^7

dl1036 said:
- wear a only a diaper, t-shirt, and socks out.
- have someone change me in the open or corner of the room (and those around to be understanding of it).

totaly agree that would be awsome :catsmile:

I would like to bring one of my plushies whenever I go somewhere, I can't help to think they get lonely when I'm not with them.

also I would like to suck on my thumb or paci basically anywhere I wanted to.

I actually do travel with plushies whenever I fly on airlines. I use them as pillows and sleep assists. I've never once, not by anyone, had it questioned or been treated poorly as a result. I do think it's hard to go everywhere with a plushie, much as I wish I could do that too, but for specific things, it's less hard than you might think.

Obviously, there's:
-wear nothing but a diaper and T-shirt
-have toys everywhere
-making messes
-watch cartoons/kiddie shows all day
-throw tantrums as they see fit
-crawl, toddle or run around the house
-play at a playground
-read baby books
-color
-jump on the bed
-explore other rooms (without knowing what to expect, of course)

For me it would be wearing a shirt and diaper out in public, while drinking a bottle of apple juice, while mommy or daddy tells me what a good little baby I am. :)

I would love to wear a cloth diaper with cute rubber pants over them sucking a pacifier. I would love to be held and comforted by mommy if I am hungry or make a mess or wet my diaper. The last piece is to be accepted and loved by all.

going out in a really big sticky out frilly satin dress with petticoats under and my ankle boots and sucking my paci with my pigtails in and big ribbons xx

mjk1090 said:
I would love to wear a cloth diaper with cute rubber pants over them sucking a pacifier. I would love to be held and comforted by mommy if I am hungry or make a mess or wet my diaper. The last piece is to be accepted and loved by all.

It sure sounds awesome.

-wear nothing but a diaper and T-shirt
i do this.

-have toys everywhere. and -making messes
maybe I do this. I know where it is unless someone else has moved it.

-watch cartoons/kiddie shows all day
yeap. :)

-throw tantrums as they see fit.
it kind of depends. there no point in it if there is no one about.

-crawl, toddle or run around the house
yep I do this :)

-play at a playground
Ho yes I go Park! Swing and skids

-read baby books
I like it more if there is some to read to me.

-color
yep

-jump on the bed
is't that what they are for?

-explore other rooms (without knowing what to expect, of course)
humm I get in to trouble with doing that.

the things I don't feel comfortable with is sucking my pacifier in public.

hee, hee :smile1:

Just love being a little.

I do most of what sisi does except have a paci in public.

Watching cartoons and playing with toys.

Nonsense said:
Watching cartoons and playing with toys.

Easily accomplished if you have some time home alone.

Another thing would be to make friends with other "toddlers" easily.
When real toddlers get together in a group, they somehow automatically become friends straight away, and start playing together. (Well, sometimes anyway!)
As an adult toddler, wouldn't it be awesome to be happily playing in a playground or something, when suddenly other adult toddlers appear, and you would just start playing together?
No introductions, no explanations, no excuses, no hassles, and no justifications of who you are or what you're doing. Just meeting with others whom you may not see again, and happily playing together for a while.

BabyDenise said:
For me the most important would being able to play on the swings and other things at a playground.

yep, this!!!! this is one of the things I actually think constantly about, I pass a lot of playgrounds in my every day life and I'm soooo sad that I cant just take a couple of minutes on the swings. the only way getting away with it is pretending to talk on the cellphone and sitting on a swing at the same time, as if you are so absorbed by talking that you dont notice where you sat down.

other things are public paci using, public plushie hugging and shopping for toys without the cashier asking "do you want me to wrap it" like I was buying the toy for some kid, I just want to yell "it is for ME, stupid!!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back