The store toy aisle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ApplePi said:
Excuse can always have used, Like "for my cousins baby shower"...

I was once looking around & saw a "Wipe Warmer". It was winter time, & thought to myself "...that sounds pretty nice..."

I started reading the box. Girl my age approaches. Starts asking if I need help. Told her no, I was just looking for a baby shower gift. She saw the warmer box & began to talk about how wonderful it was. I was doing ok until she said, "wouldn't you rather be wiped with a warm wipe, than a cold one?"

...I smiled big at that & turned red... She never fully understood my embarrassment. But that's exactly why I wanted them :p

Mattew said:
I was once looking around & saw a "Wipe Warmer". It was winter time, & thought to myself "...that sounds pretty nice..."

I started reading the box. Girl my age approaches. Starts asking if I need help. Told her no, I was just looking for a baby shower gift. She saw the warmer box & began to talk about how wonderful it was. I was doing ok until she said, "wouldn't you rather be wiped with a warm wipe, than a cold one?"

...I smiled big at that & turned red... She never fully understood my embarrassment. But that's exactly why I wanted them :p

So did you get it or one? I keep thinking about this on and off. It's not such a big deal when you are changing yourself as you're braced for it but it comes as a bit of a shock when someone else is doing the chores and I feel sorry for making a little one recoil.

I find myself wandering down the baby aisle a LOT more now that I'm comfortable being an AB. It's fun to see all the brightly colored rattles and jingly things.

There's a wonderful baby store near me called Buy Buy Baby and it's basically like a Bed Bath and Beyond but with baby items (same company and everything). I love walking around in it because the whole place smells like a nursery... and all the baby items, it's just Little heaven! I am hoping to buy a Hello Kitty Diaper Bag to stash my baby stuff in once I start getting some cash flow again.

Trevor said:
So did you get it or one? I keep thinking about this on and off. It's not such a big deal when you are changing yourself as you're braced for it but it comes as a bit of a shock when someone else is doing the chores and I feel sorry for making a little one recoil.

I did get one, and I do really like it. I use it during the winter. It's perfect for someone that wears often, or every night. For me it's sometimes tricky. It takes almost a day, for it to warm up, and actually have warm wipes.

I only wear occasionally, when the mood hits me. Sometimes I might not have it plugged in and warming up, when I decide to wear. So I might not always have warm wipes, when I go to get one.

If you get one, you'll need to make sure that it stays moist, and has water in it, or the wipes will dry out. There's a sponge like thing at the bottom. You'll just need to periodically add some water to the container. Sometimes, if I'm in a rush for warm wipes, and it's low on water. I'll just take some warm water and dump it over the wipes themselves. It helps warm them up quicker.

Also with the slow warm up time, if you use a lot of wipes, you might want to add more when you're about half full. That way, you'll be sure that you'll still have warm wipes and won't run out. Yeah, you might have to fish the top wipe through the slot. But it'd still be warm.

I think I paid around $20 for it a few years ago. I think it was worth the money.

as a college student I find myself not able to do many of these ABDL things I wish I could experiment with.

Oh gosh, I love toy aisles! I'm a bit more into the little kid stuff than baby stuff, though, so mostly I find myself really wanting to go into the lego section. At least that can kind of be seen as acceptable nowadays given that some people do build lego as a hobby. But I always feel awkward, haha! Also, love the stuffed animal aisles! I just want to take all of them down and lay in them.

rockdude2 said:
as a college student I find myself not able to do many of these ABDL things I wish I could experiment with.

I try, but still I do them in the evening, after we did everything.😺😺😺😺😺😺😺

- - - Updated - - -

Nightflower said:
Oh gosh, I love toy aisles! I'm a bit more into the little kid stuff than baby stuff, though, so mostly I find myself really wanting to go into the lego section. At least that can kind of be seen as acceptable nowadays given that some people do build lego as a hobby. But I always feel awkward, haha! Also, love the stuffed animal aisles! I just want to take all of them down and lay in them.

I mostly go in the action figure and Lego isles with my brother, because we're nerds, and the baby stuff, when I'm alone.

computerProgrammer said:
I'm always to nervous I'll be spotted by someone I know, so I just pass threw the isle like I'm just trying to get to the other side. And try to see as much as i can without it looking like I'm looking lol.

I go a town over to avoid being recognized when shopping for my inner little.

I go down this isle often, have a family dollar in my town and got a little girls fisher price toy soon after they came in. They do have mlp stuff but it seems limited .

KimbaStarshine said:
Are you sure you don't mean Nuk 3's, the size for 18-36 months? Because I'm pretty sure the Nuk 5 has never been sold in a regular American retail store.

Yeah, they are definitely NUK 5's (I guess they're needed more in the Midwest for some reason), but I find have to ask the clerk if they sold them since they were sold in the pharmacy area and I couldn't find them.

Oh, and if you ever wanted one of those raspberry pacifiers, they had them too.

Last edited:
Umm not all the time, but when I can I like to see Legos and plushies, last time I was there I saw an adorable Toothless plushie but I couldn't buy it :(

Illinoise said:
I go a town over to avoid being recognized when shopping for my inner little.
I live in a low populated area so tho I drive about an hour, there are still people I know sometimes. Tho it is rare.

kitterdafoxy said:
Yeah, they are definitely NUK 5's (I guess they're needed more in the Midwest for some reason), but I find have to ask the clerk if they sold them since they were sold in the pharmacy area and I couldn't find them.
Wow... Wish they had those where I am. What store/type of store, did you find them at? //maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places.

//edited a few times, sorry for the quote msg spam, had to fix a few typos.

I will have to wait until next month to go through the baby toy aisle in the Walmart on NH Route 28 here in my town to purchase another baby toy for my "little's" space here in my bedroom at home. I already spent money on "MEGA BLOKS" "First Builders" toy this month when I had my Birthday.

My criteria for baby toy selection is based upon my Autism developmental disability self-stimulation cognitive/emotional regulation needs. I go for rattles and baby toys that have lots of movement and bright colors and gentle soothing sounds.

I still buy toys. LEGOs, plushes, and Nerf toys are the toys I'm always studying and trying to purchase, but I like to see whatever's available. Too embarrassed to really look at toddler stuff though.

I'll be buying a stuffed Drifloon Pokémon plush on Etsy this week. Love Drifloon.

computerProgrammer said:
I live in a low populated area so tho I drive about an hour, there are still people I know sometimes. Tho it is rare.

Wow... Wish they had those where I am. What store/type of store, did you find them at? //maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places.

//edited a few times, sorry for the quote msg spam, had to fix a few typos.

They were sold at Meijer of all places, but I'm not sure if that's a nationwide store so it's all regional I guess.

kitterdafoxy said:
They were sold at Meijer of all places, but I'm not sure if that's a nationwide store so it's all regional I guess.
Yea it's limited to a few states, to far for me to drive to. Also I don't see any thing over nuk3 listed on there web site so must be in store only, maybe limited just to that one store you saw? Anyway congrats on a lucky find for you're area.

computerProgrammer said:
Yea it's limited to a few states, to far for me to drive to. Also I don't see any thing over nuk3 listed on there web site so must be in store only, maybe limited just to that one store you saw? Anyway congrats on a lucky find for you're area.

I seem to have a lot of pacifier luck up here, Meijer, Kroger (another midwestern store), and Walmart all carry a very wide selection of pacifiers that would be hard to come by in other states (Florida, California, New York).

Whenever I end up in the toy isle at stores I always stop to take a look at whats there. It is comforting to be there.

I always visit the toy aisles at the store, whether I buy or not, and both the baby and regular toy section. Meijers is the store I shop at regularly, and I have to say, they have a great selection of bath toys in the baby section! If I had the money, I'd buy them all.

all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back