Specific memories of nappies in the morning after a night’s bedwetting

Chinababy888 said:
Since I wS in diapers longer than most other children of my age as in up to 5-6 then yes I have plenty of memories of waking up to a completely wet diaper/nappy on more than one occasion.

However mum would always know what to do of that occurred, she dven took me to see a doctor when I was 5 due to frequent bed wetting incidents the doctor seid he wasn't too surprised as it was normal for children about 3-6 even with previous potty training to have accidents,

he encouraged mum to keep me in diapers until the phase past which in my case took until I was 8~9 as I have touched on before although thankfully I didn't have to wrar them to school as that would be embarrassing to say in the least, as my bed wetting was mostly at night and thankfully when I had more on the way of privicy.
I only included from your writings my exact scenarios also. At age 5 I was back in training underwear and plastic underpants due to a more frequent reoccurrence of bw at night. Mom said the doctor told her basically this (age 5 young boy and still have bw issues) also after one of my visits. At age 7 I was pretty dry at night but at age 8 my bw came back and the doctor said as long as I slept better and noted I asked about wearing diapers / PP again for security it was OK. It was when he mentioned my next turning phase of not bw anymore probably around age 13 and puberty would be when I might stop I remember feeling scared since that was 5 years away. Thankfully by age 10 I was only wearing trainers and pp and by age 12 I was out of those and my plastic mattress cover was gone one day. By age 14 I had no more bw challenge but by age 18 it came back very heavily each night. Though a bit alarming, my earlier years wearing diapers / training underwear and pp made it easy for me to wear again at college nightly and not worrying about it which made my acadmic and social life better to focus on.

Sigh. There are few things more infuriating than remembering half of something. Case in point: I can remember lying in my toddler bed and watching Mom fasten my bedtime diaper. I can't remember waking up, wet or dry, being cleaned up (if necessary), and changed into underwear, although obviously that had to happen just as many times. That would be a fun memory to have. I saw my younger sister taken care of that way plenty of times, so I know how it went down, but a first-person perspective is obviously better, heh.

Reactions: TigerDL
Cottontail said:
Sigh. There are few things more infuriating than remembering half of something. Case in point: I can remember lying in my toddler bed and watching Mom fasten my bedtime diaper. I can't remember waking up, wet or dry, being cleaned up (if necessary), and changed into underwear, although obviously that had to happen just as many times. That would be a fun memory to have. I saw my younger sister taken care of that way plenty of times, so I know how it went down, but a first-person perspective is obviously better, heh.
I know what you mean.

I have a memory of waking up while in the middle of having a wee.

Unfortunately I can’t remember what happened next or the next morning.

I can’t remember whether I was wetting the bed or a nappy. I was around 4 so it could have been either!

Reactions: Cottontail
Yes I have quite a few, saying that I was in diapers/nappies up until the age of 9 and a half however the first time I became aware of it was when I was 2-3 years of age and I remember waking up in a wet cott/crib and crying my eyes out as one does when they are still a toddler.

I remember my nanny/care provider not being so pleased that she had to clean the sheets again and saying that I was a problem bed wetter not that I was doing it on purpose,

however I was later put into a new set of pampers ultra which where much more absorbant and thicker than the regular nappies which was a good thing because I clearly needed better protection against embarrassing situations.

Fast forward 40+ years later on and nowerdays I am back at square one so to speak, again not on purpose only this time I am no longer a toddler so I have to wear adult diapers/nappies as per my previous replies.

I hope this helps awnser your questions.

Back