Softest plastic-backed non-medical diapers?

southeastlittle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
There was a thread about this awhile ago but I want to see what other opinions there are out there on the softest diapers out there.

ABU SDKs are some of my favorites for look and fit, but the plastic on the mediums are like a shower curtain which kind of ruins it for me. Crinklz have been the softest I've tried so far but they tend to leak and don't have a landing zone that lets you refasten tapes.

Tykables Little Builders are the only ABDL diaper I've tried that have SUPER smooth "Baby Butter" plastic but I'm not a fan of the print nor the price.

Tangent question: Why are ABDL diapers so rough and un-soft compared to baby diapers? ABDL diapers are made for people who ultimately want a baby diaper experience in an adult size (from my understanding), but almost every one I've tried has been a letdown when it comes to the 'feel'. Is it a trademark on the materials or manufacturing techniques that makes it impossible for ABDL diapers to compete?

Reactions: theancientmariner
NRU PlayDayz diapers also have a very soft plastic outer shell - even softer than ABU Little Builders.

I think it is mostly the capacity and heaviness issue for adult diapers: if you use very soft plastic, it could rip easily if a diaper becomes very wet and heavy; thus, you can't make high-capacity diapers with soft plastic. But many ABDL-s very often prefer high-capacity diapers.

Reactions: theancientmariner
denis97y said:
NRU PlayDayz diapers also have a very soft plastic outer shell - even softer than ABU Little Builders.

I think it is mostly the capacity and heaviness issue for adult diapers: if you use very soft plastic, it could rip easily if a diaper becomes very wet and heavy; thus, you can't make high-capacity diapers with soft plastic. But many ABDL-s very often prefer high-capacity diapers.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm about to order some now. And that makes sense about soft plastic vs. absorbency and tearing. I'd rather take the risk of tearing with a super soft diaper vs a 'tougher' one that won't tear tbh.

Any Rearz brand diaper have soft plastic and lots of padding. Understanding the capacity of the diaper for the activity always gives a good diaper experience.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and diaperdude
dllovergirl83 said:
Any Rearz brand diaper have soft plastic and lots of padding. Understanding the capacity of the diaper for the activity always gives a good diaper experience.
My Alpacas feel even more like a shower curtain than ABU SDKs but I found that just about any diaper feels really nice and smooth when it's mostly wet for some reason.

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner and Jorelaxed
The plastic on the Trest diapers from Amazon have the softest I've ever felt. Seriously, if you want buttery smooth plastic, that's your answer. They're expensive, but totally worth it for a one time splurge. They also hold a ton. Super high capacity and the smoothest plastic I've ever felt on an adult diaper (besides the long gone Dry247s).

Reactions: NivekDLF
dllovergirl83 said:
What I love the most about Rearz diapers is how soft they are on the inside. They have the softest padding of any other diaper brand I've tried, and I've tried a lot of different brands.

Reactions: AndyPandy and dllovergirl83
southeastlittle said:
My Alpacas feel even more like a shower curtain than ABU SDKs but I found that just about any diaper feels really nice and smooth when it's mostly wet for some reason.
Alpacas are a high capacity diaper which probably need a heavier plastic. It Would help explain the shower curtain feeling. I love it… but if you like a very soft light diaper the Abena M4 are very soft, and don’t look abdl. You’re right about the any full diaper feeling Smooth when wet. All the best with your search.
Antientmariner said:
What I love the most about Rearz diapers is how soft they are on the inside. They have the softest padding of any other diaper brand I've tried, and I've tried a lot of different brands.
I agree. they are my favourite brand.

Reactions: AndyPandy, southeastlittle and theancientmariner
dllovergirl83 said:
Alpacas are a high capacity diaper which probably need a heavier plastic. It Would help explain the shower curtain feeling. I love it… but if you like a very soft light diaper the Abena M4 are very soft, and don’t look abdl. You’re right about the any full diaper feeling Smooth when wet. All the best with your search.

I agree. they are my favourite brand.
Mine too. If you click on my name, you'll see 3 different Rearz diapers as my banner.

southeastlittle said:
There was a thread about this awhile ago but I want to see what other opinions there are out there on the softest diapers out there.

ABU SDKs are some of my favorites for look and fit, but the plastic on the mediums are like a shower curtain which kind of ruins it for me. Crinklz have been the softest I've tried so far but they tend to leak and don't have a landing zone that lets you refasten tapes.

Tykables Little Builders are the only ABDL diaper I've tried that have SUPER smooth "Baby Butter" plastic but I'm not a fan of the print nor the price.

Tangent question: Why are ABDL diapers so rough and un-soft compared to baby diapers? ABDL diapers are made for people who ultimately want a baby diaper experience in an adult size (from my understanding), but almost every one I've tried has been a letdown when it comes to the 'feel'. Is it a trademark on the materials or manufacturing techniques that makes it impossible for ABDL diapers to compete?

I'm like you - I love the super smooth plastic but almost none of the ABDL diapers have it.

Personally I don't think any of the Rearz diapers have smooth plastic. Or maybe it's smooth but it's also heavy and thick.

My theory is that the thicker the diaper is, the tougher the plastic they have to use.

IMO the best diapers for softness are ABU Peekabu and Tykables little builders. ABU DinoRarwz are also similar, although they have this slight oilyness to them (and ABU seems to be always out of stock).

Reactions: southeastlittle
DloverUK said:
I'm like you - I love the super smooth plastic but almost none of the ABDL diapers have it.

Personally I don't think any of the Rearz diapers have smooth plastic. Or maybe it's smooth but it's also heavy and thick.

My theory is that the thicker the diaper is, the tougher the plastic they have to use.

IMO the best diapers for softness are ABU Peekabu and Tykables little builders. ABU DinoRarwz are also similar, although they have this slight oilyness to them (and ABU seems to be always out of stock).
I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't tried Peekabus lol
DloverUK said:

Thank you for the recommendations! Little Builders have an amazing feel and I'd love to know how they make them that's different from others. The only other diaper I've found that comes close is Crinklz. Maybe I'll just go back to those, get all white and buy some of those Pampers diaper tapes they sell on Etsy lol

southeastlittle said:

Thank you for the recommendations! Little Builders have an amazing feel and I'd love to know how they make them that's different from others. The only other diaper I've found that comes close is Crinklz. Maybe I'll just go back to those, get all white and buy some of those Pampers diaper tapes they sell on Etsy lol
They need to release a call white version so those baby diaper tapes from Etsy could feel more realistic. We've been saying that for years now!

Reactions: southeastlittle
southeastlittle said:

Give them a try. They also have the snuggest fit IMO. Of course that will depend on your body type.

Back