So, my mom now knows…

Anonymous96

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
She found out last weekend. My mom found my stash of diapers under my bed in a drawer, when I got home she came into my room and closed the door. She then said, “we need to talk, now do you have a problem, because we can go to the doctors”. I insisted I had no bed wetting problems but she wanted to know why I had diapers in my room. So I just out right told her “I like wearing them, they’re comfy, numerous celebrities have been rumoured to doing the same thing including Sean bean” (who she’s a big fan of). I then said nowadays it’s a popular and somewhat normal thing. She snapped back saying “well it’s not normal”, not in an angry way, just confused I guess. She’s found a paci on my floor and my plastic pants in the shower throughout the year. So I guess now she knows. But it doesn’t seem to bother her tbh. I feel much better knowing that she knows, if she walks in on me wearing I guess it won’t be the end of the world, but I’d never walk round the house wearing when anyones at home. I’m glad nothing changed between us though :)

• Love
Reactions: freedom69, siysiy, espectro and 22 others
I guess you were lucky. I'd have died of a heart attack if I had the nerve to be open and honest with my mother when she found out. Horrid. She had a flair for evil so I guess you are fortunate. I would worry she played it down, but behind your back was calling doctors or head doctors, maybe even a witch doctor! But that's just me. :unsure:🙄😧☠️🤐

• Haha
Reactions: Etienne, Blekyss, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
So if you are an adult you should rely move it if your parents house. If you are not an adult please come back when you are over 18.

• Haha
Reactions: BunnyPrincess, NotTheAverageMan, LePew and 1 other person
WanderingToddler said:
So if you are an adult you should rely move it if your parents house. If you are not an adult please come back when you are over 18.
Im 19. In this economy it’ll be a while till I can afford to move out

Reactions: BunnyPrincess, RoseofThorns, BigKid25 and 9 others
Anonymous96 said:
Im 19. In this economy it’ll be a while till I can afford to move out
"In this economy"
too freaking true
19 here and barely making ends meet, but also, your mom has no privacy/boundaries XD
glad you're ok, tho

Reactions: Ceary, BobbiSueEllen, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
Wondercrinkee said:
I guess you were lucky. I'd have died of a heart attack if I had the nerve to be open and honest with my mother when she found out. Horrid. She had a flair for evil so I guess you are fortunate. I would worry she played it down, but behind your back was calling doctors or head doctors, maybe even a witch doctor! But that's just me. :unsure:🙄😧☠️🤐
You Totally crack me up Diaper detective! "Witch Doctor"! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: View attachment 92003

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
WanderingToddler said:
That is easier said than done now days.

When i was in my 20’s and early 30’s it was a dream, but as i approach 45 and my mom is in her mid 70’s, i am stuck. We share the expenses, i could not afford to live on my own, and she could not either. She pays the water, gas and electric. I do the cable, internet and our cell phones. I also usually pay all the groceries cause i am the one doing the shopping.

The house becomes mine when/if she passes, my brother and his wife want nothing to do with it

Reactions: Kenzo, RoseofThorns, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
diapernh said:
That is easier said than done now days.

When i was in my 20’s and early 30’s it was a dream, but as i approach 45 and my mom is in her mid 70’s, i am stuck. We share the expenses, i could not afford to live on my own, and she could not either. She pays the water, gas and electric. I do the cable, internet and our cell phones. I also usually pay all the groceries cause i am the one doing the shopping.

The house becomes mine when/if she passes, my brother and his wife want nothing to do with it
Agreed … me too. I had my own place I barely afforded with a good job (single) and she could only afford hers barely because the mortgage was payed off. Cue medical issues with me and now we bought a bigger house together as I could not live on my own with the peanuts that disability gives.

but now I’m stuck forever … she can’t afford it on her pension and it still has a mortgage, so thus I can never move out even if I somehow meet someone. I’m here with her until she needs a nursing home (which we cant afford) and it’s fun because she Does most of stuff I can’t and I need help daily. So this is going to be interesting as she gets older … already struggling because she needs a hip replacement soon and I can’t drive her, be her buddy in doctors appointments or pick up slack in cleaning etc that she is having trouble with. Very stressful and inflation and increasing grocery bills only making it worse.

• Sad
Reactions: Ceary, Jorelaxed, Abdlchriscrinkle and 2 others
I’m glad she didn’t get to mad. And I totally understand the being too poor to move out. I’m only 18 and going to school and helping with my brother so I’m not feeling pressure at all to move out. My mom found me wearing a diaper a few months ago when she came in my room one morning while I was still asleep. She asked about mine but I lied and said I had started wetting the bed again. She is very on board with my wearing diapers again for bedwetting.

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, RoseofThorns, Jorelaxed and 4 others
Anonymous96 said:
She found out last weekend. My mom found my stash of diapers under my bed in a drawer, when I got home she came into my room and closed the door. She then said, “we need to talk, now do you have a problem, because we can go to the doctors”. I insisted I had no bed wetting problems but she wanted to know why I had diapers in my room. So I just out right told her “I like wearing them, they’re comfy, numerous celebrities have been rumoured to doing the same thing including Sean bean” (who she’s a big fan of). I then said nowadays it’s a popular and somewhat normal thing. She snapped back saying “well it’s not normal”, not in an angry way, just confused I guess. She’s found a paci on my floor and my plastic pants in the shower throughout the year. So I guess now she knows. But it doesn’t seem to bother her tbh. I feel much better knowing that she knows, if she walks in on me wearing I guess it won’t be the end of the world, but I’d never walk round the house wearing when anyones at home. I’m glad nothing changed between us though :)
It's a relief though! Now she knows , the sky hasn't fallen down ! And you can continue with your life ! I live with my mum also , and she knows , it gets easier as time goes by .
I wear my cute onesie about the house now ! My mum thinks it's cute.. (I can tell)

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Rezzu, Chrissie and 4 others
I feel that. One one hand, I'd be mortified if anyone in my family found out. But OTOH, it would be nice to not have to hide it from them.

Yeah once the gig is up it’s just best to be honest, divine intervention forced my hand though! I didn’t have a choice in the matter but met my world Nathan so I’d do it all over again. Be careful she seems to know but not necessarily understand you’re still on thin ice I’d certainly take it slow if I was you and try to bring up the conversation to normalise it rather than something to be ashamed about and hide.

Right now it seems like she’s trying to forget about it which isn’t good because she fears the unknown about it and we all know fear can certainly alter the look on something so whilst it’s innocent she might think it’s perverted when it’s really not. This could lead to her slowly getting distant out of confusion or not trusting you because of her insecurities around the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan
Ouch, that sounds excruciating. She will almost certainly be 'doing her own research', so you'd better hope she comes across some good sources.

I don't know if my mother knows, if she does she has so far had the sense not to try to talk about it (which would be uncharacteristic of her). There have been clues throughout my life, including the time she found my stash (I explained it away as part of a prank I was planning). I also didn't learn what internet search history was or how to erase it until fairly late in the game, one look at that and she'd have known.

Covered said:
Ouch, that sounds excruciating. She will almost certainly be 'doing her own research', so you'd better hope she comes across some good sources.

I don't know if my mother knows, if she does she has so far had the sense not to try to talk about it (which would be uncharacteristic of her). There have been clues throughout my life, including the time she found my stash (I explained it away as part of a prank I was planning). I also didn't learn what internet search history was or how to erase it until fairly late in the game, one look at that and she'd have known.
I think your mummy knows 🙈

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan and Covered
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Hemix, NaughtyBoiNathan and LittleRascal
My mom found my stash many years ago. It was awkward and I didn’t explain it at all. She never asked again and our relationship was as amazing as ever. She was a loving soul.
To the OP, I’m sure your mom will respect your privacy if you ask for it. Just let her know there is no health issue as that may worry her.

Reactions: Ceary and NaughtyBoiNathan
Similar experience with me. My mom brought it up I told her and she was not angry but just confused. Became normal to talk to her about it.

Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan
Anonymous96 said:
numerous celebrities have been rumoured to doing the same thing including Sean bean
Hang on, what? Where did you hear this? Who else?

diapernh said:
Some unsolicited financial advice. Feel free to tell me to fuck off.

It would be a good idea to get that in writing one way or another, if you haven't already. Regardless of what they say now, things have a way of changing when there's money involved. Even with a will, there's probate. You might still end up with the house, but have to go through a fair amount of time and expense.

Alternately, certain kinds of real estate trust can avoid probate in some states. My dad put his Florida house in a "Florida Life Estate Trust" with him and mom as joint tenants and my sister as remainderman. After he passed, title went to my Mom, no muss, no fuss. When Mom passes (she's 94) it goes to my sister, free and clear, outside the probate process. I don't think sis fully realizes what a big deal this is. She's expressed concern about where she's going to live when Mom goes, with rents sky high these days. She works retail, so doesn't make a lot. I've done the math, and she can comfortably manage to stay in the house when mom passes since there's no mortgage.

Neither of them is on Medicaid (yet) and they're past the 5 year claw back period, so it's even safe from that if Mom runs out of money.

Note: I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I've learned a lot about this shit since my dad passed 5 years ago.

Reactions: antte91, LilByte, Ceary and 6 others
Covered said:
Hang on, what? Where did you hear this? Who else?
Yea I need a source on this too please

Back