Slightly disappointed in Rearz's shipment packaging

TigerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I placed a fairly large order with Rearz for their customer appreciation sale. It was shipped in 2 separate boxes; one large box contained the 3 bags of diapers plus a plastic pants while the other smaller box included all the rest of the stuff like training pants, onesies, samples, etc. On the smaller box, the tape at the bottom was splitting, and I could see the prints on 2 of the items; they used the cheap brown packing tape (like the plastic stuff, not the paper tape with thread reinforcements), and it was slightly off center leading to easier splitting. The bigger box was splitting along one of the vertical edges, so you could see one of the diaper designs through it, and was starting to split at other edges of the box.

I guess the designs wouldn't mean much to others who don't know where they're from, and it wasn't immediately obvious what kind of object it was unless maybe if you're in the know or if someone poked at it a good bit.

I get the box had to travel quite a distance from Canada, and the contents are heavy/hefty, but I would have hoped they would have used more durable packaging materials (the boxes and tape). Maybe that's how they sell their "ultra discreet packaging" as an upgrade.

Has anyone else had similar experiences of boxes or packaging starting to come apart by the time you've received them, either from Rearz or other companies? Has anyone had it worse where it was split wide open and revealed the contents completely?

Rearz packaging has been the subject of criticism a number of times here. They’re known to use literal garbage for fill material, too. For example. Given this, I guess I’m not surprised that they’re cheaping out on the tape.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: YakuiAndOzoi, LePew and LittleBabyJake
The stuff from ABU has always came well packaged. Discretion is very important to me and only about ten people get mail at my post office (it's that remote🤣) so I would be mortified if something came broke open 🙀

Reactions: LaLoneDigi, Cottontail, LittleBabyJake and 1 other person
Way back in 2000 I ordered a cloth diaper to see if i like them. Well they put it in one of those puffy brown envelopes, when I got it the packaging was ripped open. My roommates which were my life long friends handed me the package. Good thing they already knew that i was an adult baby.

Reactions: LittleBabyJake
Cottontail said:
Rearz packaging has been the subject of criticism a number of times here. They’re known to use literal garbage for fill material, too. For example. Given this, I guess I’m not surprised that they’re cheaping out on the tape.
I did get a tape protection strip in each of the boxes, like what you peel off of a sticky part before you use the sticky, but I find that pretty standard. I've gotten quite a number of Amazon packages where they just put the strip into the package as well. But the stuff they put in that old post was quite a lot extra. Luckily my packages were pretty full of items already, they didn't need any filler.

i had some packages come busted up pretty good but not with rearz, but it was looked back into by company/ and it was ruled out it was done during shipping, you could clearly see the items/ diapers and other things that fell out of it and the post was we can open it to check the damages and such , while knowing clearly it was easy to see in it i dint at the time feel like opening it there at the post lol

Cottontail said:

I'm actually quite literally shocked by this. That's straight up wrong, especially for a healthcare product like diapers.

Off-topic: Hmm. This wouldn't be an issue for me as I place my orders at a shop in the Netherlands and they keep their own stock from which they send and never through their suppliers.

This shop is always taking excellent care to ship it well. Always neutral boxes and a good amount of tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Kyma
I haven’t ordered from rearz but when I get big packages whether it’s diapers or dog food the box is always on the verge of falling apart. I just ordered from llmedico we’ll see how that goes.

Reactions: Angelapinks
The store I order from pack with an extra cardboard piece underneath where the crack in the box is (where you open it) so even if the seal would break nothing would be visible.

Reactions: LittleBabyJake
MostlyDL1 said:
The store I order from pack with an extra cardboard piece underneath where the crack in the box is (where you open it) so even if the seal would break nothing would be visible.
Some companies do that also to protect the product in case you're opening the package with something sharp, so you don't accidentally slice open your item. That would have been useful too here for both purposes.

Reactions: LittleBabyJake and Angelapinks
Rearz boxes are flimsy to begin with. I've had one where they opened it to stick in a couple of samples along with the full case and the side was busting open. My last order of Rearz products came from a reseller and the packaging was awesome.

I typically order from Healthwick and they will put a piece of blue tissue paper along the upper seam in the box - I'm assuming just in case things pull apart a bit nosey people can't see inside.

Reactions: Angelapinks and TigerDL
I will NEVER order from Rearz again. My order came today in a soft plastic wrap. It wasn't transparent but it also wasn't discreet. Even WORSE, is that it was clearly marked as being from "RRZ INC" with the address. It also had the list of contents marked on it as two different types of Briefs! So much for discretion!

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL
Bizarre, I've been ordering from Rearz for years, and usually monthly. I've thankfully never ran into this issue with any of my shipments. They've always arrived on time and never damaged. I guess I must have been just lucky for years on end.

Does incontrol have the same shipping issues?

LostBeta said:
I will NEVER order from Rearz again. My order came today in a soft plastic wrap. It wasn't transparent but it also wasn't discreet. Even WORSE, is that it was clearly marked as being from "RRZ INC" with the address. It also had the list of contents marked on it as two different types of Briefs! So much for discretion!
Probably not on Rearz--the "briefs" bit, anyway. I'm sure @RearzJacob would welcome the opportunity to clarify, but I expect that's a legal import/export disclosure requirement. Generally speaking, when you order stuff from other countries, you can't expect as much for discreetness.

While I never had any issues with their packaging shipped to Florida, it sounds like they are having some serious QC problems to other areas. Our carriers seem to be the only issue with any damages that arise (like broken corners or torn tape) but that is to be expected with Fedex.

Ive had box’s that got damaged in shipping and exposed what was in side but fortunately my diapers did not get damaged nothing was said and it was a non issue as Canpar delivered my last shipment 14 cases) and the driver asked what was in the multiple heavy box’s I just said medical supplies.

Rob110 said:
Ive had box’s that got damaged in shipping and exposed what was in side but fortunately my diapers did not get damaged nothing was said and it was a non issue as Canpar delivered my last shipment 14 cases) and the driver asked what was in the multiple heavy box’s I just said medical supplies.
He probably thought it was drugs of the kind that get wrapped in plastic bags. Little does he know it is you who gets wrapped in the plastic bags…

• Haha
I've only ever bought from REARZ from resellers to take advantage of Amazon gift cards. I didn't know they had this reputation.

Im probably at 5 different orders from rearz, and had zero issues with boxes being too chewed up. Theres just standard packaging procedures, and thats about it. Standard tape on the seam line, and what not is how things get shipped. Hard to blame them when shippers like to treat packages like garbage.

Back