Skirts (Dresses) worn by Males ###

weethepeople said:
This is fascinating ... I am a kilt person ..not skirts though . However a kilt is a skirt technically going by most dictionary definitions. It's weird that while I would never wear a female skirt myself I have no problem with other blokes wanting to . It's intriguing .
I absolutely love my kilts . I own about 25 or so from traditional 8 yard and five yard wool ones to light sports nylon ones . I wear them all slightly shorter at 22 -23" . Normal drop is 24" . One is 21 " though and is more like a mini kilt in reality . Re hemming them a little shorter is not for the faint hearted like me so a good friend who is a seamstress has done most for me. The short one is a leather one from Pakistan ..

My first experience was when I was put in a kilt when I was seven years old for a wedding . There was a photo or two of me resplendent in the kilt a little white ghillie shirt , hose (long socks) leather shoes and a little sporran and flashes ..I do recall it also so years later I added a kilt to my wardrobe ..I only really put one on for hiking , home stuff and the occasional wedding or function but it's special each time .

Give a kilt a try sometime guys .. It might be easier to do than a skirt I think ..Cheers ..
Oh I bought a "utility kilt" in khaki but I haven't worn it out for two reasons. One, working up.the courage, two, it's still been quite cold where I live until recently!

• Wow
Reactions: Ali123, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Here's a dress I bought 2 weeks ago. It's casual vs. the party style dresses I have. I stopped at Kohl's and went straight to their clearance racks. After a coupon discount applied to the clearance price, it cost $9.00 plus tax. I've also ordered the pair of sandals shown to wear with it. I have several pair of sandals; but, none with an open toe. I wanted this style so I can wear nylons with the dress to cover the spider veins in these old legs of mine.

20230513_002703.jpg Sandals.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, michaelmc, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
star said:
I think more judgment lives in your own head than exists in the outside world. Everyone is tol busy with their own life. It's like "ooh, a boy in a skirt", for about three seconds, then back to their own day-to-day worries.

Personally I love to see people out expressing who they are. I feel good for them. I love unconventional..Conventional is boring.
I agree. As long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else who cares?

I dress in women’s clothes pretty much the whole time, and I love it. Apart from anything else, I find a skirt or dress so much more comfortable than trousers.

• Love
Reactions: ianwee, Seasonedcitizen and michaelmc
star said:
I think more judgment lives in your own head than exists in the outside world. Everyone is too busy with their own life. It's like "ooh, a boy in a skirt", for about three seconds, then back to their own day-to-day worries.

Personally I love to see people out expressing who they are. I feel good for them. I love unconventional..Conventional is boring.
I don't disagree; however, when it comes to family and friends, they will spend a whole lot more time than 3 seconds wondering what's wrong with him and judging him. Maybe if I were 20, I wouldn't care. But, at 77 I have to care.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, star and Happy2BeInNappies2
Back