Sizing up for a better fit?

Mikochi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I usually wear medium (Rearz, Crinklz). My waist is 29" and the widest point of my hips/bum is about 36". On most medium nappies I have ample length on the wings, however, the front wings tend to crease awkwardly between the point of my lower belly and thigh. Especially with reinforced landing zones this is uncomfortable. It's as if the 'slim part' of the crotch is too short, if that makes sense?
Could I benefit from taking size large even tho I'd fit in medium according to the size table? Well, I do have a fairly round bum <_<

I would say it sounds like you need to reconsider sizing based on your hips. 29" should normally be good enough for Small and Mediums but I think its safe to say the Hips are definitely pushing that size range farther than your waist needs.

Mikochi said:
Could I benefit from taking size large even tho I'd fit in medium according to the size table? Well, I do have a fairly round bum <_<
Could do. I'm the size of an average 13 yo and I wear the large in the relevant brands.
You get some variation as to what fits/works across the brands and cuts, but I haven't gone to back to mediums, smalls or child sizes since upsizing.
A garment to hold up the diaper is advisable, though, cos it will probably be dangling around your knees once dampened.

Back