Size 7 nappies in Australia - Woolworths Little One’s Size 7 Roamer

lilBlueyKiddo321

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
For some years, us Aussies have looked on at the proliferation of Size 7 and even Size 8 nappies (diapers) becoming available in the USA and more recently UK.

Meanwhile, our market has remained stagnant, content with providing only up to Size 6 before forcing parents into buying Kimberley-Clark’s Huggies DryNites (which are essentially identical to the older S/M and L/XL Goodnites), UniCharm’s BabyLove Sleepy Nights (which run a bit bigger), or Aldi’s Mamia Sleep Pants (which sit in the middle).

Aldi briefly toyed with what I would call a Size 6+ in Australia - see this thread by SuperTed on ADISC for more about that - but those disappeared as quickly as they appeared, never to be seen again.

Until now!

It is worth noting that our three major supermarket players (Coles, Woolworths, and Aldi) compete quite a bit in the “home brand” space across all product categories, and baby nappies are no except: Aldi’s Mamia Ultra Dry nappies consistently score well in consumer comparisons amongst parents of small humans, and at as little as half the cost of Huggies or other premium brands do represent a significant saving for a lot of parents who are struggling financially.

Today, I wandered down the baby aisle of my local Woolies (Woolworths) supermarket, and a new entrant on the shelves catches my eye: it’s Woolworths’ house brand “Little One’s” with a 36-count package of … Size 7 nappies?!

Wow! Colour me shocked!

A little Googling pulls up the product page on the Woolies website, but also suggests the existence of Size 7 nappy pants, too. These were not in stock at my local Woolies, however - so I cannot comment on these. If and when I come across them, I will be sure to update everyone here. It’s worth mentioning here that in 2020, Woolworths switched the manufacturer for their house-brand nappies from overseas to an unnamed Australian manufacturer - and copped some heat from parents who complained the new Size 6 design had shrunk somewhat. It’s worth noting that whilst I have never purchased the newer Size 6 design, the older Size 6 design never went near me in terms of fit - and as I’ll detail shortly, that is the opposite of my experience with this new Size 7.

I digress!

Of course I couldn’t pass up the opportunity, so I picked up a pack!

The 36-count pack (the only available) will run you AUD $11.50 at the time of writing, or roughly USD $7.90 - equating to AUD $0.32/each (USD $0.22/each). They’re advertised as being “our biggest nappy ever”, are sized to fit “18kg+” (40lb+), and are a unisex design featuring multi-coloured polka dots on the front and rear. The design includes a wetness indicator which fades from yellow to blue.

The pack is pre-perforated down the middle, so it splits into two convenient halves with 18 nappies in each half.

Unfolding a single nappy reveals a fairly standard construction, with elasticated rear and front and with the padding (a typical single-section core rather than the more modern triple-core design) bordered by fairly tall elasticated leak guards.

Fit is provided by way of hook-and-loop tapes stitch-glued to a super stretchy side panel.

I am personally 68kg (150lb), 180cm (5’ 11”) tall, with a 79cm (31”) waist. I would describe my build as “skinny but not underweight”. After spending quite a bit of time carefully and gently stretching the side panels, I was able to successfully have them meet the very very edge of the front wings - just barely enough to have them stick and stay. I would not say they “fit” me - I can squeeze into them, at best. On the other hand, the width and space provided by the actual nappy itself is quite spacious - there is enough room for my anatomy to fit comfortably.

As to performance, I was able to safely and confidently wet it in the form of a full bladder voiding at a typical adult rate. I didn’t need to “clamp to pause, wait, then release and keep going” as I have to with DryNites and other similar products in order to avoid overwhelming the leak guards and absorption rate - these absorb fast and lock away the moisture, and left me feeling dry within second despite the fact the nappy was fully utilised.

Overall, a pretty great product. I can see these appealing most especially to the women in our community (typically the DDLG/MDLG scene) who are on the smaller side proportionally.

A good effort by Woolies!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: omgitskirbywithacowboyhat, SydDLBoi, KCA and 3 others
I tried these in size 6 when I visited a few years ago and loved them. Size 7 must be huge!

I live in the US, where can I purchase these?

I went and bought a pack this morning to try. I compared them against a pampers size 8 I have in my stash. When stretched out they are the same length and width (front and back wings) the tabs are quite stretchy and after a while they stretch almost as much but not quite as big as the size 8 pampers. I’m a similar 31 inch waist and they are snug. Lovely and soft and hold a decent wetting! I’m impressed and hoping this sets a trend for Aus!

Ausnaps said:
I went and bought a pack this morning to try. I compared them against a pampers size 8 I have in my stash. When stretched out they are the same length and width (front and back wings) the tabs are quite stretchy and after a while they stretch almost as much but not quite as big as the size 8 pampers. I’m a similar 31 inch waist and they are snug. Lovely and soft and hold a decent wetting! I’m impressed and hoping this sets a trend for Aus!
I still have some Aldi mamia XL nappies in my stash I just need to dig them out to compare them as well

Why were the photos removed?

Ooohhhss i'll hafta find a few packs to stash next time i do my groceriies ^.^ am a woolies tyke just cause of the little ones nappies ^.^

Photos are back! Sorry that they went missing :)

Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 1.jpeg

Attachments

• Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 7.jpeg
    Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
  • Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 6.jpeg
    Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
  • Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 5.jpeg
    Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
  • Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 4.jpeg
    Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
  • Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 3.jpeg
    Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
  • Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 2.jpeg
    Little Ones Size 7 Roamer - 2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 174
  • Love
Reactions: Lewis Badger, SmolPupprrito, Lori and 2 others
N0bu said:
I live in the US, where can I purchase these?
I'm afraid you're gonna be out of luck, these are Aussie exclusives. Shipping these to the USA is also certain to be very exxy!

Ausnaps said:
Nice, thanks for the objective comparison! They are lovely and soft.

Ausnaps said:
I still have some Aldi mamia XL nappies in my stash I just need to dig them out to compare them as well
I didn't find the Aldi Mamia XL to be noticeably larger than their Size 6 Junior; the only difference I could see was the lack of all-over printing. I only managed to pick up one pack before they were discontinued, and don't have any left now.

SmolPupprrito said:
Ooohhhss i'll hafta find a few packs to stash next time i do my groceriies ^.^ am a woolies tyke just cause of the little ones nappies ^.^
Yay! Definitely grab some! :) Hopefully the Size 7 pull-on nappies become available soon.

dpcare said:
Strange place for Fried Rice
Right?! People will be people and dump stuff in weird spots. I guess they weren't hungry for Uncle Ben's anymore 😆

FWIW, I was at Woolies again yesterday. There were 5 of these in stock (there's shelf space for 6). No Size 7 Nappy Pants yet.

So my local store hasn't had any in stock yet 😥
But interestingly they have had little ones branded bedmats (which don't seem to be on their website yet). Makes me wonder if we might get another attempt for a supermarket to break into the own brand bedwetting pants market.

NotSoDrynites said:
But interestingly they have had little ones branded bedmats (which don't seem to be on their website yet). Makes me wonder if we might get another attempt for a supermarket to break into the own brand bedwetting pants market.
Please keep us posted about both the bedmats (pictures if you can, or a website link if they get it added) and any store brand bedwetting pants. I love all the different brands of bedwetting pants sold by different stores.

NotSoDrynites said:
Aw that sucks that your local hasn’t got them yet! 🥺 I was at a different Woolies today and they had the Size 7’s too. So I’m sure it’s just a matter of time for you.

I didn’t realise the bed mats were new. They’re in the Woolies app but not the website, which is odd. The reverse is true for the Size 7’s: they’re on the website, but not the app. 🤷

DF65B20A-4001-41F6-A891-08B164499432.png

In the product description, it is said that they are for "babies" and "every baby is unique", etc. Obviously, if you look at the picture on the product and the size, there is no doubt that it is intended for kids older than 3yo. And 3-4yo are not usually called "babies" anymore :D. Thus, the meaning of the notions "baby" and "toddler" have become very stretchy, indeed, taking into account the increasing age of potty training. It would be more correct and honest to talk about "kids" and "every kid is unique", but there is probably some social taboo about older kids wearing diapers, even in the minds of those who are marketing those diapers. And those diapers, as it seems, are even intended for kids who don't use the potty at all, not just for bedwetters.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
denis97y said:
In the product description, it is said that they are for "babies" and "every baby is unique", etc. Obviously, if you look at the picture on the product and the size, there is no doubt that it is intended for kids older than 3yo. And 3-4yo are not usually called "babies" anymore :D. Thus, the meaning of the notions "baby" and "toddler" have become very stretchy, indeed, taking into account the increasing age of potty training. It would be more correct and honest to talk about "kids" and "every kid is unique", but there is probably some social taboo about older kids wearing diapers, even in the minds of those who are marketing those diapers. And those diapers, as it seems, are even intended for kids who don't use the potty at all, not just for bedwetters.
Yes, this does amuse me. They could substitute for "child" - i.e. "every child is unique", etc. but 🤷 And given the weight guide of "18kg+" (40lb+), these are clearly targeted to the 5-8 year old range - children old enough to be in Primary School (aka Elementary School).

Anyway I picked up a pack of the Little One's Bed Mats today! They're very soft, very cute, and very large - twice the size of the Kmart Anko version which I had been using on my bed (just in case, ya know?). The pastel blue night-time themed sketches printing on the reverse are very cute.

IMG_3339.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3340.jpeg
    IMG_3340.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: littledreamers333
Whoops… first page of Google search results 😅 I apologise to all the parents out there trying to find information about this product for their actual Little Ones! 🤣

AFC2C6E6-AF09-43A6-8BA5-DCE4675F825D.jpeg

I just searched and only got results showing Woolworths adverts on front page. A search of just Little ones had same but a link showing a news dot com article from 2020 about size change and upset parents.

Reactions: lilBlueyKiddo321
puppyz said:
I just searched and only got results showing Woolworths adverts on front page. A search of just Little ones had same but a link showing a news dot com article from 2020 about size change and upset parents.
Which I suspect was Woolworths primary motivator for developing the Size 7: one can clearly see that there exists a market for a larger size!

Google results differ for everyone, even when using Incognito/Private mode, so I'm actually kinda relieved that others aren't necessarily seeing this thread 😅

Reactions: puppyz
I brought some today, after a fair bit of stretching they fit and and hold surprisingly good for my 32inch waist. Overall pretty happy with them

Reactions: lilBlueyKiddo321
Back