RIP InControl Essentials

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm so sad to learn that they're discontinuing these diapers! I was sad enough when they discontinued the Originals, but to lose both is a real tragedy. I also notice that the Essentials are "on sale" on their website for like $10 more than they cost last week.

There's such a shortage of good, inexpensive diapers in this world. I think diaper manufacturers ought to take note of the results of this recent poll: price is one of the top factors people consider when buying diapers. These days I feel like diaper companies are looking for excuses to charge more and more, by adding a bunch of useless features and stupid levels of absorbancy that no one really wants.

It seems like good, simple, cheap diapers would be more likely to sell in quantity. People might buy boutique diapers to wear once in a while for special occasions, but no one's going to use them as their everyday diaper. InControl Essentials were a really good diaper for a reasonable price, and that's a rarity these days.

I haven't tried the BeDry yet, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. They are a step up in price from what the Essentials and Originals used to cost, contrary to what the InControl reps on this site falsely claimed. Mostly I just wish people would stop trying to "improve" and replace good products. If there's a reliable, inexpensive diaper on the market, why can't they just keep it available?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: xux, BigAl2, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
avery said:
If there's a reliable, inexpensive diaper on the market, why can't they just keep it available?
Because diaper manufacturers and sellers are always trying to make more profit. So they either raise their prices or decrease the quality and quantity of material in their products.

Mollicare Super Plus ….gone. Abena X Plus …gone. Confidry 24-7 ….changed and then gone. Inspire Original …gone. Etc, Etc, Etc. There have been dozens of good brands/models that have been discontinued in the past all in the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

• Sad
Reactions: SoFloDL, BigAl2 and LaLoneDigi
And, I think that ABDL folks need to take note of what is happening Worldwide regarding products that have been historically manufactured in China as the costs of Oil based products have vastly increased and in a Country like China that is importing Oil they have little choice but to increase material costs and as a result, increase the cost of production. That forces the Reseller to increase their costs.

FYI: 2024 does not look any more stable than 2023!

Reactions: BigAl2, Subtlerustle, LaLoneDigi and 1 other person
Im also betting, that the black friday sale, they sold a lot of product, at much lower margins. So they will be looking to help make up for those lost margins.

Reactions: BigAl2
So what's the difference between the Essential and the Original?

Where was it announced that they are being discontinued ?

Essentials are being discontinued??? NOOOOOOOOOO

Much as I hate to say so, I’m not surprised given that there is/was a lot of similarity in several of their products, but I’m definitely bummed to see this. I used to dabble in a few brands, until I tried the Essential. Almost immediately, I said “this one is ‘it’ - it’s perfect”. Since then, the Essential has been my staple and a bit of quick math shows that I’ve had more than 15,000 hours of experience wearing that product. That equates to a lot of trust invested.

All I can say is I REALLY hope the new BeDry is a suitable replacement...I guess I shall see…

Based on the email yesterday, I'm afraid they might also be discontinuing premium nights. I'm hoping I just misread, would love to get confirmation from an incontrol rep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215-171426.png
    Screenshot_20231215-171426.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 4
Ugh. You're right. I love essentials for a discrete daytime diaper. This sucks. Why must they always take away established, working products!?!?!

1702680317411.png

yeah it was honestly really obvious their prices wouldnt last. they were too competitive compared to the rest of the market. it was just their way to rebrand from rearz. ill have to go back to abena as my go to diaper

damn i guess ill never get to try the black ones

Dakota13 said:
Im also betting, that the black friday sale, they sold a lot of product, at much lower margins. So they will be looking to help make up for those lost margins.
right after this , Every cases on rears gone up by 4$ each , keep a close eye on prices!

What would be the closest possible alternative in price, look, feel, and performance? Betterdry Day? Total Dry X Plus Maybe? Northshore Supreme?

Reactions: Edgewater
Back