Reflections on four months as a professioanl daddy.

babadada

Daddy in training
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Carer
Hello all

As some of you know I’ve been working as a daddy. I’m four months in and I thought I’d share a few thoughts. I might add to this thread over time as I continue my journey, but here’s a few things I’d like to share:

1) littles are the best - I’m in my late 30s and been around the block. I can honestly say I’ve never met a group of as sweet and wonderful as littles. I’m not just saying that to make everyone feel good, it’s the God’s honest truth. Littles are so lovely. You’re so kind and gentle, and looking after littles has been one of the most enjoyable and rewarding things I’ve ever done. If the world had more littles in it it’d be a better place.

2) I have the most fun job in the world - everyday people get up and head to work in offices wearing suits and ties staring into a computer screen all day. I get to play with toy dinosaur and watch Bluey. Being a daddy is simply the most fun job anyone can have. Each session is a chance to play, jump around, and be silly. Honestly, I enjoy myself as much as my littles do, and so grateful to have the chance be silly for a living.

3) Scammers are evil - If you’ve read the post from the admins recently, or possibly from personal experience, you’ll know there are a lot of very bad people out there who take advantage of the community for financial gain. It’s awful that anyone can be so wicked, playing on the trust and needs of vulnerable people, not to mention creating mistrust between genuine carers and the little community. If you think you hate scammers, we (carers) hate them more. We put a lot of ourselves into our work and really care about the little community. Hearing about the harm caused by scammers is heartbreaking. Please be careful. Follow the advice the admins posted and take the time to make sure any mummy or daddy you’re considering booking a session with is genuine.

4) people are more supportive than I expected - I’m a pretty open book (I can thank my ADHD for that) and share what I do with most people. Surprisingly, given the stigma attached to ABDL, I’ve had really good responses. People have been supportive and shown real curiosity about my work. They may not understand littles and why I chose to be a carer (though some do once I’ve explained), but their opinion is essentially “It’s not my thing but who am I to judge.” The media are the worst culprits. They have nothing better to do that create sensational stories that sell papers. The truth is most people are fine and non-judgemental.

4) There have been lots of pleasent suprises - It’s remarkable how much has happened in such a short period of time, and my time as a daddy has seen a lot of surprises thrown up. I’ll just share one for now. I have a friend who I had been teasing by hinting at my job without telling her. Yesterday, I decided she’d suffered enough, and finally told her I am a daddy. She gave a squeal of delight and told me she was a little. I was stunned. We’ve known each other for years and shared everything, but I had no idea about her littleness. She was so excited finally have someone to share her passion with, and knew more about nappy brands than I did. So if you ever feel you’re the only little in the world, trust me that you’re not, and you never know when you’ll run into one.

OK, that’s more than enough for now. I’ll keep sharing on this thread. Feel free to comment or message to chat. If you’ve ever seen a carer, let me know how you’ve got on, or what your ideal session would look like (I’m always keen to learn)

Daddy Dylan x

• Love
Reactions: LittleScotty, LittleEila, BeTrue and 15 others
That was a really wonderful read. The community is really lucky to have you. Lots of big hugs 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗.

Reactions: CrayonRocket, BBBen and babadada
AsherDearing said:
That was a really wonderful read. The community is really lucky to have you. Lots of big hugs 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗.

That’s so kind of you to say! Thank you so much ☺️ And lots of daddy hugs to you too 🤗

• Love
Reactions: CrayonRocket, BBBen and AsherDearing
Hi! May I ask where you are located?😊

Wow. I'm a few years away from retirement and I've always wondered what I might do when I retire. You have given me ideas. I would make a good caregiver because I'm DL. Until now it's always been about me getting my diaper changed. Maybe I could give some joy changing others?

Reactions: CrayonRocket and babadada
I find littles are kind and sensitive
I carrie the wish we can all be friends. Me being a little I'm non judgemental. I can't understand that
As a kid back then be kind help one another.
But when we get older it's thrown out the window. Old TV shows had great messages. I was told once I was too nice.
I'm proud of us littles .
Thank you for sharing your experiences hug's

Last edited:
Reactions: CrayonRocket, babadada and BBBen
Congrats, the community needs people like you.

Reactions: CrayonRocket, babadada and BBBen
robbiediaper said:
Hi! May I ask where you are located?😊

I’m based down in London in Putney.

Reactions: robbiediaper
messydiaper said:
Wow. I'm a few years away from retirement and I've always wondered what I might do when I retire. You have given me ideas. I would make a good caregiver because I'm DL. Until now it's always been about me getting my diaper changed. Maybe I could give some joy changing others?

That sounds great. There’s a real shortage of carers and the community needs more people to take on the role and provide a space for littles to be themselves

Reactions: LittleScotty and CrayonRocket
Tigercub59 said:
Congrats, the community needs people like you.

Thank you so much! It would be great if there were more carers, especially daddies, and hopefully we’ll see more in the future.

Reactions: CrayonRocket
Hello, If could, maybe I could pick your brain? I would like to understand the role of a Daddy/Carer better. Just wanting to learn and understand it right now. No plans to become a "professional" carer - if I were to take on this role, it would be with someone I already knew/had a relationship with personally.

What does a Daddy do - I know it's more than just changing diapers. You indicated playing with toys, and watching shows like Bluey. I am a real father to three of my own children, but I get that this is different. Although offering the emotional support of a father would certainly be part of it, right? Anything else I should know?

Hello, greetings from the UK!
I have been a AB Nanny for over 14years - a lot has changed in this time.
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have if I can 😊

Reactions: BeTrue
Back