Question about current Pampers stretchy sides

Happy1225

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a question about stretchy sides in Pampers Baby Dry size 7 and Cruisers size 7. Is they stretchy as before for example like in ~2018? Or like in the european baby dry ones? Im asking because i bought a pack of Cruisers 7 some time ago like in the picture below, and they have poorly stretchy sides, completely different as the previous ones. I had to sell them because i can't wear them like the European Baby dry size 8.
The question is, do the Pampers like on the Amazon have normal stretchy sides as like few years ago? Links to the diapers i questioning for:

Pampers Baby dry size 7
Pampers Cruisers size 7
Which of them is the biggest and longest diapers? I heard about Swaddlers 8 but still they are the smaller than Baby dry size 8
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 17-12-17 Informacje pozakupowe.png

Last edited:
I'm from Poland and i will order this diapers only when they will have a normal stretchy sides. I'm not as much desperated to waste time to modify this diapers. We have a size 8 here with normal sides. I asking about this USA Pampers because i love the design only, i will not order them if i could't normally put them on without modifying, but thank you for the answer :)

Hey! I've bought some US baby diapers before. I can confirm that Pampers Baby Dry, Cruisers, and Swaddlers do not have stretchy sides unfortunately. However, Luvs do have Paw Patrol diapers that do have stretchy sides, up to size 7.

Elmo said:
Hey! I've bought some US baby diapers before. I can confirm that Pampers Baby Dry, Cruisers, and Swaddlers do not have stretchy sides unfortunately. However, Luvs do have Paw Patrol diapers that do have stretchy sides, up to size 7.
Can you measure the length of luvs diapers size 7 if you have one?

Stret
Elmo said:
Stretchy enough to fit a med size diaper wearer? (At a push maybe)

If you can squeeze into drynites teen could someone fit a size 7/8 do you think?

DLinEx said:
Stret

Stretchy enough to fit a med size diaper wearer? (At a push maybe)

If you can squeeze into drynites teen could someone fit a size 7/8 do you think?
If you can get into DryNites comfortably without them ripping, then I'd say you can fit in Pampers Baby Dry. The only way to know for sure though is to buy some!

Reactions: DLinEx
Happy1225 said:
I don't have any on me, but apparently they're the same as European Size 8! (the images in that thread are from Size 7 first came out, so they didn't have Paw Patrol designs yet) https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/luvs-size-7.157579/post-2038598

However, it's a bit of a gamble right now because some people are saying they don't stretchy sides, some are saying they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy1225
Happy1225 said:
Weird. The size 7 Luvs Paw Patrol I’ve been buying have the updated sides. Maybe there’s just a lot of old surplus still circulating.

Reactions: CuriousFabio
Updated sides? You mean they have stretch or not?

Happy1225 said:
Updated sides? You mean they have stretch or not?
Not the previous level of stretch no. They still claim they’re “stretchy” on the packaging, but they’re more of a soft, durable fabric which do not stretch as drastically as the previous ones we’ve been used to for years. So, anyone who managed to stretch them on before now cannot make them fit. You do have to be considerably thinner in the hips to get them on comfortably. Even for me they only reach the landing wings on the front.

Reactions: CuriousFabio and Cottontail
Related note (mostly for UK people..)

Of all the brands available, branded and supermarket-own. What size 8 or equivalent comes up the biggest? Or stretchiest?

Also… how do ninjamas largest size compare to drynites teen for size

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Happy1225
The Pampers Baby Dry size 8 from Germany are still very stretchy even though they are made in the UK.
The same diapers that are sold in the UK are supposed to have these less stretchy sides.
I assume that new changes will come in February 2024 and then the stretchy sides will removed in Germany too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLinEx
I will never understand Pampers sizing. It’s completely all over the place from a consumer perspective. It’s obvious the size 8 Swaddlers model in the US is the exact same as the previous size 7. They didn’t see fit to create a cruisers size 8, and kept the 7 the same as a Swaddlers size 8.

I’m a Pampers nerd lol

Reactions: Happy1225 and CuriousFabio
Yeah i will never understand it too. Why they using that stupid new non stretchy sides if the old ones works very well since ~2008. Why they make a new sizes like 7 or 8 if they are the same or smaller as the old size 6.
A nice example of it is the new Pampers pants size 8 19+kg. They are exactly the same like the old size 7 17+kg!

This isn't even a complaint from an adult who wants to wear baby diapers, it's just parents demanding bigger diapers. This can be seen in the comments under offers for sale of diapers in the largest sizes. I have read more than once that a slightly fatter child weighing 20kg+ can hardly fit into diapers with the ridiculous marking 17+kg.

Last edited:
Back