Question about a past Rearz controversy

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was reading an old thread about people weighing the ethics of Rearz and people frequently cited the attempts at copyrighting the term ABDL or something along those lines as a mistake at best and something evil at worst. https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/is-rearz-a-bad-company.144546/ was the thread. However I'm sure I read somewhere that they had a reason for doing it that wasn't malicious. I think it related to being able to advertise on certain sites or something. I'm curious if this part of the controversy got lost in the discussion somewhere or if it was just a rumor.

Edit: Just so people know, my recent dealings with rearz have been positive and I love their Alpaca diapers so I'm not trying to throw them under the bus or anything.

Last edited:
"[Ebay] started taking down items because it classified them as “adult content.”
"Laurie believes that if she trademarked the term “ABDL,” it would help keep her ads and eBay listings online"
“Because it becomes your brand name, and they don’t blacklist brand names"

Here is the info you were looking for. I recommend giving the article a read, because there are further details regarding the situation and what Laurie said specifically, it was just too much to summarize here. I don't see how trademarking the term ABDL would prevent ebay and other ads from taking down the listings (considering it is still adult content), but maybe someone with more legal knowledge can shed some advice on this situation.

Here is the link to the article where I pulled the info from.

Reactions: TigerDL, theancientmariner and Prairie
hex000f said:
I was reading an old thread about people weighing the ethics of Rearz and people frequently cited the attempts at copyrighting the term ABDL or something along those lines as a mistake at best and something evil at worst. https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/is-rearz-a-bad-company.144546/ was the thread. However I'm sure I read somewhere that they had a reason for doing it that wasn't malicious. I think it related to being able to advertise on certain sites or something. I'm curious if this part of the controversy got lost in the discussion somewhere or if it was just a rumor.

Edit: Just so people know, my recent dealings with rearz have been positive and I love their Alpaca diapers so I'm not trying to throw them under the bus or anything.
I agree ... I have had nothing but great experiences with Rearz. With the number of customers they serve, you are bound to have something go wrong on occasion and they are good about fixing it. Also there are people who are just hard to satisfy so you will run into them on occasion too. Also, people are entitled to their own opinions on product based on their experience and expectations. We are a relatively small community and there are not many people willing to take the risk to produce the products we want. Lets not destroy each other over what is really considered small things. Just my opinion and we all know that opinions are like toothbrushes, we each have our own so we don't have to share! Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle
My interactions with them, either here at ADISC or directly, have always been very positive. Shipping is fast and, their prices (by the case) are very good, and their diapers are very good quality. They also do positive things regarding ABDL.

I called them twice today regarding overnight shipping, Andrew was extremely nice and very helpful.

10/10

P.S. Their Lil Bella are on sale now, if you haven't tried them then YOU MUST. They have an amazing "Cotton Candy" scent; but I think its more like raspberry jam; as weird as it sounds I love morning time when I change out of my nighttime Lil Bella diaper and smell sweet raspberry.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
LuminousFlower said:
"[Ebay] started taking down items because it classified them as “adult content.”
"Laurie believes that if she trademarked the term “ABDL,” it would help keep her ads and eBay listings online"
“Because it becomes your brand name, and they don’t blacklist brand names"

Here is the info you were looking for. I recommend giving the article a read, because there are further details regarding the situation and what Laurie said specifically, it was just too much to summarize here. I don't see how trademarking the term ABDL would prevent ebay and other ads from taking down the listings (considering it is still adult content), but maybe someone with more legal knowledge can shed some advice on this situation.

Here is the link to the article where I pulled the info from.
Problem, is, that exclusivizes the term ABDL for that reason and in other markets, such as Amazon, et al. If someone else on eBay/etc. did that to sell their AB/DL items there in order to get around a perceived term for removal, I'm sure there could be a wide-open door for litigation, expressly at the discretion of the copyright holder.

neophyte said:
My interactions with them, either here at ADISC or directly, have always been very positive. Shipping is fast and, their prices (by the case) are very good, and their diapers are very good quality. They also do positive things regarding ABDL.

I called them twice today regarding overnight shipping, Andrew was extremely nice and very helpful.

10/10

P.S. Their Lil Bella are on sale now, if you haven't tried them then YOU MUST. They have an amazing "Cotton Candy" scent; but I think its more like raspberry jam; as weird as it sounds I love morning time when I change out of my nighttime Lil Bella diaper and smell sweet raspberry.
I love lil Bella. Only recently tried. Fallen in love..😍.

Back