littledreamers333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
so I was curious who all thinks that pull ups or least some pull ups should have more absorbancy

Reactions: DiaperedIzzy, diaperdude, Lostdiapersboy and 6 others
Me, it's the only kind I normally use! 😁

Reactions: goodniteswearer89 and littledreamers333
IMO
pullups are garbage & a waste of money
The padding doesn't go high enough
it's like manufacturers said hey let's take kid pullups and all we have to do is make the sides bigger
they leak they don't hold much
if you're a dude and point up forget about it

even low end tape on diapers are better than pullups

• Sad
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Seasonedcitizen, Abnalover and 4 others
I believe they should. i use more pull up style ones like tenas or cvs brand when I'm in an environment where abdl ones are not a option.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
I found pullups to leak too easy.

You have to watch and cant flood the pullup or it will overflow.

or at least that was my expierience, i was too strong for them!

4 tape diapers also seal tighter with less sag!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, diaperkool and mistykitty
A larger capacity as an option would be nice, but booster pads help.

Reactions: littledreamers333
I don't mind the absorbency of adult pull ups, if you need high absorbency just use diapers, but I hate that there isn't a single pull-up out there for adults that isn't granny panty style. We need an adult pull-up that replicates huggies pull-ups and goodnites.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Hipshot, Jonjon and 8 others
patrick1776 said:
I don't mind the absorbency of adult pull ups, if you need high absorbency just use diapers, but I hate that there isn't a single pull-up out there for adults that isn't granny panty style. We need an adult pull-up that replicates huggies pull-ups and goodnites.
They are that style because that's generally what the IC market wants
People with IC arnt looking for pullups with designs or characters on them
that would also boost the price
they want something that could pass for underwear if it sticks out slightly

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and Lethdale
patrick1776 said:

It's tough because adults naturally produce more and tend to be on the larger size on average so the granny panty style holds its shape and waste better. Pull ups really aren't meant to function like diapers. They're meant to hold accidents, not all day incontinence. I don't think the functionality would be the same to increase padding with the kids pull up sides.

But, we can hope. Trust me, I would LOVE an exact replica bigger version of little swimmers. Or the pull ups overnights. Those are my favorites

Reactions: dinodavid, MarshallfromPawPatrol and Lethdale
I wear pull ups almost every day if I am going out. I am right between medium and large. Medium almost too small, large almost too big.

I bought some attends overnights that maybe nice but the crotch is not wide at all (medium) and I am not that well endowed. I like depends night defense best. try to buy them off of facebook marketplace. Ditto for tape briefs. I like Tena atn which I get off of facebook marketplace.

Yes I’ve never found pull ups absorbent or leak proof enough which is one of the reasons I prefer and normally use proper taped nappies. I think because they were originally made for kids as training pants so are designed for an occasion leak than a full on wetting. Also as they are more like pants they tend to be more discreet which means less padding and you are just relying on the elasticity around the legs which never feels as secure as a nappy. I don’t even feel there more convenient, yes you can put them on like pants in the morning but then have to fully undress down there every time I need to change so have never seen the appeal of pull ups

I would love to wear pull ups but the capacity just isn’t there

Taped diapers are the better choice for capacity and ease of changing, I tried pullups in the beginning but quickly changed to premium taped diapers. I had way to many leaks in pullups and changing in public was a pain (Take pants off then pullup then put everything back on especially in winter when the floors wet its not worth it. I can change my taped diaper way quicker and easier.

Reactions: BigKid25, littledreamers333, diaperkool and 1 other person
patrick1776 said:
yess , please make this happen , this person is 100% sure

I love pullups but I agree they never seem to hold my full bladder. When I want to go and not leak I wear goodnites. I have some vintage L/xl and both the new L and Xl sizes. They seem to hold alot more and sometimes I can even get 2 full wettings and it still won't leak.

if you wear for looks, go pullups. If you wear to wet. Go goodnites.

Reactions: goodniteswearer89
They should have twice the absorbency lol

In my case, never mind absorbency. It’s the feel.

BigKid25 said:
It's tough because adults naturally produce more and tend to be on the larger size on average so the granny panty style holds its shape and waste better. Pull ups really aren't meant to function like diapers. They're meant to hold accidents, not all day incontinence. I don't think the functionality would be the same to increase padding with the kids pull up sides.

But, we can hope. Trust me, I would LOVE an exact replica bigger version of little swimmers. Or the pull ups overnights. Those are my favorites
Maybe some abdl companies will do it…

Pull-ups are meant to fit a larger size range it seems. An attempt at a “one size fits all”. Consider Huggies. If they wanted to produce a product for potty training and bedwetting that was as effective as their diapers. They would have to produce a bunch more sizes for diapers. Instead of stopping at size 7. The would likely need to go all the way to 14. That’s a lot of shelf space at the store. Plus pull-ups tend to work well with potty training because of the fast dropping of the pants to hurry to the toilet and reuse when successful. Having the advantage of using them over again for when the user isn’t as fortunate of getting to the toilet in time. Older people may have a similar situation with minor leakage or sudden incontinence that has the potential of reaching a toilet in time. A diaper is harder to remove and can be harder to put on for both young kids and adults (arthritis) than pull-ups. I still think more can be done. A large area would improve absorbency. It provides the best possible area for urine absorption.

Prefer 4 tape diapers at night but during the day wear pullups.Try and get the night time pullups as they hold a bit more

Reactions: littledreamers333
Back