Pubes and leaks

e7f5ef5cf7

DL for soggy diaper
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does shaving clean down there increase wetting capacity? What do you guys prefer?

Increase capacity? Nah.

Shaving will result in being a little less stinky down there. Hair gives bacteria that make bad smells a place to hide.

Reactions: diaperdude
Shaving won't increase capacity. it may however make clean up time a little easier.

Reactions: Daddydoo, diaperdude and littledreamers333
I'd say that shaving doesn't do anything as far as capacity is concerned.
But for me......
I know my diaper feels even better when I'm all toddler smooth in my nether region.
Not to mention making clean up during a wet and especially a dirty diaper change a lot easier.
👶👶👶

Reactions: TigerDL and DotTheCyberCat
No increase in capacity. However it may aid in preventing wicking past the leak guards and leg gathers and keeping that area from feeling damp on the outside of your diaper. I keep everything from the waist down waxed smooth.

I shave clean as well . I experience less leaks this way . And also helps with clean up and smells . And if anyone ever has suffered with itchy burning sensation from hemorrhoids ! Shave down there and you will never worry with it again . JS !

Reactions: EcoIncon
e7f5ef5cf7 said:
Does shaving clean down there increase wetting capacity? What do you guys prefer?
If you're wearing children's diapers that are too small for you, just about any unnecessary "stuff" in your crotch area can be the source of gaps and leaks. Training pants and GoodNites have the narrowest crotches of all, and yes, I've found that trimming my hair can be the difference between successfully using those products and not. Usually I'm wearing properly sized diapers though, and in that case the hair doesn't affect functionality. On the other hand, hair harbors bacteria and can be smelly when regularly urinated on. I generally keep myself trimmed because it helps me keep clean and not stink.

I mainly shave for odor control. But I do think it has a very marginal improvement on controlling leaks when sleeping on my side or sitting in a chair

Hairs can effect the seal

Reactions: EcoIncon
AComputerGuy said:
Hairs can effect the seal
Especially if it is a fur seal 🦭. (I'm sorry. Well, maybe just a little.)

• Haha
Reactions: EcoIncon and LilDawson
As has been mentioned, odour control is the primary reason for shaving; though, in all honesty, I do wonder just how effective that is. In any case, capacity wouldn't really increase as a result - at least I imagine not, but, if it does, it would probably be so minimal as to not be noticeable. 🤷‍♂️

By the way, got a legitimate laugh out of that, @ElPulpo - thanks! 🤣

Last edited:
Back