NorthShore Supreme Lite Colors Are In-Stock!

NorthShoreAdam said:
How would you feel if at the doctor's office, the nurse asked you to "remove your diaper"? Are you OK with others like this calling them "diapers" to your face and even behind your back? Or do you feel that they should be more "respectful" and call them "underwear" or "briefs" in public and only diaper wearers should call them "diapers". Health care providers strongly believe they should never say the word "diaper" to a patient out of respect and I'm wondering your thoughts on that. Thanks!
I feel most people who end up in the diaper talk forum are ab or dl, and I'm neither, so offering the perspective of someone who is incontinent. I know what I'm wearing is a diaper no matter what anyone else calls it. It was hard to accept that I needed them. At first I would have been ashamed and embarrassed if someone had called them diapers, every mention a reminder of my new reality. But, as time has passed I think not calling them what they are reinforces the stigma. If more people, especially those who deal with them most, refer to them as diapers then they show there there is nothing to hide, no reason for anyone to he embarrassed or ashamed by. When medical professionals and others who deal with incontinent patients don't call them diapers there is an implication that wearing a diaper is wrong, even if it is neccessary, otherwise there be no reason to dance around the subject.

Reactions: paddedcowboy and NorthShoreAdam
I'm a bit confused about all the comments about leak guards. Perhaps Northshoreadam can shed some light for us, or maybe I'll just do a test to find out for myself... my observation is that the inner standing leak guards are primarily designed to contain solids. They seem to be made from the same material as the inner lining and it would seem to me that they would be very water permeable...

srmousse said:
I'm a bit confused about all the comments about leak guards. Perhaps Northshoreadam can shed some light for us, or maybe I'll just do a test to find out for myself... my observation is that the inner standing leak guards are primarily designed to contain solids. They seem to be made from the same material as the inner lining and it would seem to me that they would be very water permeable...
No, inner leak guards have waterproof coating so they work for liquids too.

Seconded. Leak guards are designed to sit snuggly right up against the skin. They do not let urine (or poop) to pass through, but redirect it back towards the padding of the diaper so it can be fully absorbed.

The other day I put some packing tape where the landing strip would go. It actually worked pretty good.

NorthShoreAdam said:
No, inner leak guards have waterproof coating so they work for liquids too.

Good to know!! I've wondered about that for a long time!

Got a three pack sample in with my monthly case of supremes. So cute, too bad they are only the Lites for now. Can't wait until they get the colors onto the supremes.

@NorthShoreAdam

Quick question though, is the ink safe for use with plastic pants or will it leave stains?

I can never say 100% never...but is highly unlikely. The blue, green, purple background are not "printed" on with external ink like most other printed diapers. They are the actual color of the plastic, as the plastic was formed, similar to other older colored diapers like Molicare Super Plus, or many institutaional briefs. The only external printing is the dots and logos and it is white ink that was used. I'd be very surprised if it rubbed off, but is technically possible. We've never had complaints about Abena printing and we used similar process as them for the white printing.

Reactions: perlFerret
NorthShoreAdam said:
I can never say 100% never...but is highly unlikely. The blue, green, purple background are not "printed" on with external ink like most other printed diapers. They are the actual color of the plastic, as the plastic was formed, similar to other older colored diapers like Molicare Super Plus, or many institutaional briefs. The only external printing is the dots and logos and it is white ink that was used. I'd be very surprised if it rubbed off, but is technically possible. We've never had complaints about Abena printing and we used similar process as them for the white printing.

Thanks. I didn't want to 'ruin' a pair of my PUL or plastic panties when I tried these out. Like I said, don't normally wear the lites because they aren't enough protection for me.

Time to stock up, I think.

Awww yes pay day! Hoping to get at least a bag to try soon. Now which color...

Thanks for the laugh. Great way to choose a color. BTW, it was purple all the way, and you guys appropriately knew my spirit animal :p

Azie said:
Thanks for the laugh. Great way to choose a color. BTW, it was purple all the way, and you guys appropriately knew my spirit animal :p

Cool! We're still making some tweaks to the chart though.

I got the sample three pack. :3 Pretty nifty looking IRL. I really like the purple and blue. I'm saving those green ones for St. Patrick's Day! NO PINCHES FOR ME! :lol:

And my chart said I was purple 'cause my spirit animal is a unicorn. (It's lowkey actually a weasel. A small adorable murder noodle.)

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
My order of the blue ones arrived today I can't wait to try them when I have the chance thanks north shore for being such an awesome company

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam and 12srepaid
Got my 3 pack sample when my Maga max shippment came in. I like all the colors. Thanks North shore.

NorthShoreAdam said:

Adam,

The Premium Lite colors are a homerun and have become one of my favorite diapers. My other favorite diaper has been the Tykables Little Builders which are being discontinued. The Lite colors and Little Builders are excellent for discreet daytime wear, and also suitable for night time with booster pads; so it is multipurpose.My question: Would NSC consider picking up this product line? I am sure that I am not the only one who would like this.

Back