New Tykables Puppers

After 9 long months, I finally managed to get these diapers today. This is what the diaper looks like. I’m wearing one right now as I type this.

Attachments

• IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5461.jpeg
    IMG_5461.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5462.jpeg
    IMG_5462.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
  • Love
Reactions: mistykitty, diaperkool, mihannes and 4 others
tdlrfootedpjs said:
Can’t wait to get my hands on these. I’m so excited for the new version.
Is the plastic the same? The puppers always had the best plastic shell

Aby said:
We use the same standard Toddler Tough Plastic across our entire plastic-backed ultra line, which includes products like the Overnights, Puppers, Unicorns, Cammies Blue, Cammies Pink, Waddler, and Camelots.

Reactions: TigerDL
Aby said:
The answer is probably no. There was a batch of puppers with a different kind of plastic which I think you're referring to. It's smoother than other tykables diapers with toddler tough plastic. I have them, and also a later batch with the regular toddler tough plastic, so I'm 100% sure there have been different kinds of plastic used for puppers.

Last edited:
todaler said:
We use the same standard Toddler Tough Plastic across our entire plastic-backed ultra line, which includes products like the Overnights, Puppers, Unicorns, Cammies Blue, Cammies Pink, Waddler, and Camelots.
Don't the Little Builders have a "baby butter" plastic, which is softer?

PrettyLilPrincess said:
I believe you are correct - Little Builders do have different plastic - but I don't believe those are part of Tykables 'Ultra' line - which are all high capacity and most likely require a stronger backsheet. Little Builders are listed on Tykables site as an 'Every Day' diaper instead.

That said, I'm pretty partial to Little Builders myself, although my most recent order was for overnites, puppers and tighty whities (and a case of Try agains too - I think Tykables is the manufacturing partner on those)

Overall I love Tykables design aesthetic - I'm more of an older kid, and I prefer masculine oriented prints, and 8 year old me is very snakes and snails and puppy dog tails - so the theming and packaging is generally much more appealing to me than say Rearz, Bambino, LFB, etc who heavily lean into the pinks, pastels with predominantly 'girl' and or sissy prints. My only gripe with their stuff in general are the velcro tapes - I hate not being able to roll it up when you are done! Yes you can tie the wings back, but that just doesn't feel the same. There is something authentic about throwing out a tightly rolled up used diaper, and I always feel like I am missing that with the velcro tapes.

Reactions: bigtoddler96, LittleAndAlone and TigerDL
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Technically the Baby Butter plastic has a thinner gauge which gives it a softer feel. As stated above by redprtodd the Little Builders are part of our Everyday collection which have a 5000ml capacity rather than the 7500 of most of our Ultra line. Because the Everyday line is thinner we can have a thinner gauge plastic without the risk of the plastic tearing.

mihannes said:
The answer is probably no. There was a batch of puppers with a different kind of plastic which I think you're referring to. It's smoother than other tykables diapers with toddler tough plastic. I have them, and also a later batch with the regular toddler tough plastic, so I'm 100% sure there have been different kinds of plastic used for puppers.

My guess is that baby butter plastic is out the window . Too expensive to produce … who agrees or disagrees

qwertyqwerty said:
My guess is that baby butter plastic is out the window . Too expensive to produce … who agrees or disagrees
We still use that on our Little Builders.

IDK keeps changing they said potty monsters would ship mid December it's not mid January

Diaperedlife13 said:
IDK keeps changing they said potty monsters would ship mid December it's not mid January
We are getting caught up on orders before we release another print.

• Love
Reactions: diaperkool and odd1inSyde
Hopefully it's not long before they arrive in the UK and I can try some , see if they can live upto the old ones which where easily my fav ☺️

todaler said:
We are getting caught up on orders before we release another print.
Haha, it must be frustrating putting out all of this stuff for the community and still having everybody grumble all the time. :p

bigtoddler96 said:
After 9 long months, I finally managed to get these diapers today. This is what the diaper looks like. I’m wearing one right now as I type this.
Love the blue plastic shell! It reminds me of the ABU Super Dry Kids version one time where a lot of people did not like it but I did!

• Love
Reactions: bigtoddler96
jamiejamie said:
Love the blue plastic shell! It reminds me of the ABU Super Dry Kids version one time where a lot of people did not like it but I did!
I'm glad that we now have baby blue positional print diapers such as Puppers V2.

Reactions: jamiejamie
Back