New size range of nappies in Australia for bigger kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was like OOO, cool, they are encouraging an older crowd into diapers, finally... but then I realized 20KG+ is only 44 pounds though. Pampers size 7 is the same weight range.

These diapers are for VERY husky three year olds, otherwise for kids four to five years old. I wouldn't have fit in these when I was in kindergarten... but I was a miniature giant.

Reference:
growth-2-20-boys.jpg.

Reactions: bambinod
jfkforever said:
Anybody measured what size they'll stretch out to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They stretch from one tape to another I would say 55cm to a maximum of 60cm (I did measure btw) and that's on the verge of breaking that number also includes the length back padding. ot sure what a pampers size 7 is though so can't really compare.Tapes are fairly strong but couldn't wear it long as the tightness was just too much and I have a 28inch waist.

Went to the Aldi Melbourne store and they only had 3 x packs left (1 carton.)

I think these are either in extremely limited numbers or if the shelf space was an indication are selling really well.

I find these very interesting, just because it looks like it becomes more popular for bigger children to keep wearing diapers (it's not the first niether the second brand establishing seventh size range). Do you think this line will continue in the future? To me it seems that it will, since I believe that the way things are today, we are getting closer and closer to lazy society (Wall-E style).

As an AB/DL, I think these diapers are cool.

As a person, they unsettle me.

I think it is the course of a society that is integrated with technology that as people become lazier with their parenting and leave it more to the electronics than ever before, potty training will forever continue to come later and later. It was uncommon for kids back in the cloth diaper era to be left in them past the age of two, but nowadays not only is it common but damn near acceptable to have your kid still wetting and messing themselves near-uncontrollably at that age. Potty training age is loosely pitted now as "before school starts" which can be anywhere between three and five years of age depending on where you live.
Here in Ontario, the Kindergarten program is optional so kids don't technically have to start school until the year they turn six. If they go into that, they can enroll in the year that they turn four. So if your kid's birthday is December 31st, you're good to start enrollment procedures for September starting January 1st.

However, to go back to the six part. As kids spend more time on electronics, parents may find themselves replacing elementary teachers with electronic devices. Which, while not as effective in most cases, would work, but would also give the parent even less of a reason to toilet train until after far as six.

I also don't think we're at the point where we have enough data regarding this next thought, but I wonder if kids who are potty-trained in later years (3 through 5) would also end up training their kids at that point because that is their experience with the age of which it happens, assuming they have memories of the time at all.

Themanswifesman said:
I think it is the course of a society that is integrated with technology that as people become lazier with their parenting and leave it more to the electronics than ever before, potty training will forever continue to come later and later. It was uncommon for kids back in the cloth diaper era to be left in them past the age of two, but nowadays not only is it common but damn near acceptable to have your kid still wetting and messing themselves near-uncontrollably at that age. Potty training age is loosely pitted now as "before school starts" which can be anywhere between three and five years of age depending on where you live.
Here in Ontario, the Kindergarten program is optional so kids don't technically have to start school until the year they turn six. If they go into that, they can enroll in the year that they turn four. So if your kid's birthday is December 31st, you're good to start enrollment procedures for September starting January 1st.

However, to go back to the six part. As kids spend more time on electronics, parents may find themselves replacing elementary teachers with electronic devices. Which, while not as effective in most cases, would work, but would also give the parent even less of a reason to toilet train until after far as six.

I also don't think we're at the point where we have enough data regarding this next thought, but I wonder if kids who are potty-trained in later years (3 through 5) would also end up training their kids at that point because that is their experience with the age of which it happens, assuming they have memories of the time at all.

I personally don't see any negatives for later training, I subscribe to both let kids be kids and they will learn in their own time.

Don't forget, diapers aren't really being used for just delaying potty training, they are used for bed wetting too. And children have probably been having bed wetting problems for as long as there have been children.

I'm not so sure it's more common (other than we have a much larger population now). It's just become more accepted this happens.

Looking at the pictures they seem a little misleading. 20kgs is about the average weight of a five year old, maybe a small six or seven year old. Those kids do look about 9 or 10. But if they are bigger and it makes people happy then so be it. I think the comments about society making larger kids diapers is possibly due to the fact we eat so much crap that babies are getting bigger. There is an obesity epidemic on the horizon in western society i saw a three year old drinking a can of coke the other day.it is very worrying.

bambinod said:
also along this line and just FYI, stock image producers are often complete idiots that have very little business getting it right. For those of you familiar with soldering... wow.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-conten...ed-circuit-board-forced-air-iron-44099087.jpg
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/woman-soldering-beautiful-repair-printed-circuit-board-43186195.jpg

Makes my skin crawl just looking at those two.

It’s not the people producing the stock images, its the people who have no idea how to graphic design packages grabbing stuff and throwing it together without a second thought.

rennecfox said:
It’s not the people producing the stock images, its the people who have no idea how to graphic design packages grabbing stuff and throwing it together without a second thought.

"ok, for this next shot, lets set this thingie in front of you. Ok now hold that like a pencil or something and get a serious look on your face. Oh, safety glasses, almost forgot the glasses! This is a shot on worker safety, lets get it right! okay.... nailed it!"

These diapers look great! Are there any other diapers in Australia or Europe that are like this (baby diaper with older kids on the packaging)?

I wonder if these will make it to the UK :confused:

Well it took aldi few years to bring out a 6+ here, and there not as big as pampers, who knows could they be the first supermarket to have size 7 nappies in the uk?

HappyNappin said:
Well it took aldi few years to bring out a 6+ here, and there not as big as pampers, who knows could they be the first supermarket to have size 7 nappies in the uk?

I sure Hope more supermarkets will follow and have these "extra large" sizes and not afraid to show older kids on the packaging. Besides these mamia nappies and the Darlings diapers from Kuwait (size 7 rated at 24-36kg), does anyone know of more like these (tape on diapers in the baby diaper lineup for older kids)?

There slogan seems very close to the love sleep and play idea of pampers marketing department ?

And those soldering pictures are blistering , although at least the one the female is holding has had some heat thru it ,obviously not when the picture was taken, unless workers comp and fingerless employment is in your future don't try this at home .
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Strange, but this site is the only place online that I've seen this diaper package. I was hoping to see more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back