New MegaMax Air Diapers

Definitely will be a more stinky diaper with cloth/breathable backing in lieu of good old plastic. And more inner thigh chaffing...
Ugh, and less or no crinkle 👎

Of course this is just my personal preferences...

Last edited:
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
Definitely will be a more stinky diaper with cloth/breathable backing in lieu of good old plastic. And more inner thigh chaffing...
Ugh, and less or no crinkle 👎

Of course this is just my personal preferences...
Yes, that's why we backed off the total absorbency a bit from 12 hours to 9 hours. With cloth-like backsheet, there is more sagging, odor and risk of condensation. We think we've hit the limit of what's acceptable with this new design but will still work on new designs to see if we can get breathable backsheet to work well with same absorbency as original MegaMax.

Reactions: abdilly, RedPandaDL, WillFord384 and 2 others
If they are really soft on the outside I could see them being good. I personally don't like the logo going down the center, much prefer the side wings, but its whatever.

kratox said:
If they are really soft on the outside I could see them being good. I personally don't like the logo going down the center, much prefer the side wings, but its whatever.
We decided to combine the logo with the wetness indicator ink down the middle to avoid expensive double printing. Many people have asked for MM to have a wetness indicator so we thought it was a good start to add it to the Air version. Original MegaMax will stay as is and will not add a wetness indicator at this time.

Reactions: abdilly, 12srepaid, patrick1776 and 2 others
NorthShoreAdam said:
Yes, that's why we backed off the total absorbency a bit from 12 hours to 9 hours. With cloth-like backsheet, there is more sagging, odor and risk of condensation. We think we've hit the limit of what's acceptable with this new design but will still work on new designs to see if we can get breathable backsheet to work well with same absorbency as original MegaMax.
So what’s the difference between the MegaMax Air at 9hr vs the AirSupreme at 8hr?

How much more capacity is there really when comparing these two ‘air’ models?

LaPew said:
So what’s the difference between the MegaMax Air at 9hr vs the AirSupreme at 8hr?

How much more capacity is there really when comparing these two ‘air’ models?
That's a really good question but extremely difficult to answer since the MegaMax and AirSupreme are made so differently.

MegaMax Air absorbent core is made exactly the same as original MegaMax just with slightly less fluff and SAP. It still has the same number of layers and overall fluid dynamics where it dries very quickly to the skin.

AirSupreme has even more fluff than MegaMax Air, but much less SAP so it takes much longer to dry, but can wick unbelievable well from front to rear to best utilize every inch of the fluff core.

Sizing for MM Air is exact same as original MegaMax, although with a little less fluff they feel slightly looser.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdilly, WillFord384 and LePew
NorthShoreAdam said:
We decided to combine the logo with the wetness indicator ink down the middle to avoid expensive double printing. Many people have asked for MM to have a wetness indicator so we thought it was a good start to add it to the Air version. Original MegaMax will stay as is and will not add a wetness indicator at this time.
Oh then thats good. Saves money and has a use.

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
I'm a huge fan of cloth backed options, but don't really have one that I like beyond Air Supreme. Are we going to see any colors coming to the "Air" line? I like the Air Supreme for hot or active days and am very much looking forward to the release of this line in my size.

Inconinmiss said:
I certainly hope that introducing a MegaMax with a cloth-like cover is not the first step toward replacing the plastic covered MegaMax!
Oh, I don't think so about cloth-like outer shell overtaking the market. Plastic is very much desired by many. But I am interested in the idea of a cooler diaper for when it gets hotter as spring creeps up and summer hurries after. It's so hot in plastic, but velcros catch my bed covers and sometimes undo! I hate that. I lean toward Crinklz for a perfect fit with an easy softer plastic, though. But the color choices for Megamax are great! Maybe something like art-deco or something like it will be next??? I wonder what's on the agenda??? As far as durability, Megamax is good with a stronger plastic shell. Whatever.

NorthShoreAdam said:
That's a really good question but extremely difficult to answer since the MegaMax and AirSupreme are made so differently.

MegaMax Air absorbent core is made exactly the same as original MegaMax just with slightly less fluff and SAP. It still has the same number of layers and overall fluid dynamics where it dries very quickly to the skin.

AirSupreme has even more fluff than MegaMax Air, but much less SAP so it takes much longer to dry, but can wick unbelievable well from front to rear to best utilize every inch of the fluff core.

Sizing for MM Air is exact same as original MegaMax, although with a little less fluff they feel slightly looser.
Thanks for the explanation, NorthShoreAdam. If this question is, as you say, difficult to answer then may I recommend acquiring some professional guidance on the topic of good product positioning and value props. If Northshore cannot articulate a clear value prop between these two air diapers, either one or both will ultimately fail because customers don’t understand why they should buy MM-Air over Air-Supreme or vice-versa.

Your product positioning and marketing needs to very clearly differentiate each of these air diapers to prevent buyer confusion. The risk and associated cost of new product failure is too high when creating two products that don’t clearly identify unique value props. As a 25-year business development manager based in Wisconsin, I’ve been looking for a new career challenge. When can I join your strategic business team to help Northshore elevate the market success you already enjoy?

Llayden said:
I'm a huge fan of cloth backed options, but don't really have one that I like beyond Air Supreme. Are we going to see any colors coming to the "Air" line? I like the Air Supreme for hot or active days and am very much looking forward to the release of this line in my size.
If there is enough interest in new MegaMax Air, then we will look to add other colors as soon as we can for sure.

grayghostABDL said:
Thanks for the explanation, NorthShoreAdam. If this question is, as you say, difficult to answer then may I recommend acquiring some professional guidance on the topic of good product positioning and value props. If Northshore cannot articulate a clear value prop between these two air diapers, either one or both will ultimately fail because customers don’t understand why they should buy MM-Air over Air-Supreme or vice-versa.

Your product positioning and marketing needs to very clearly differentiate each of these air diapers to prevent buyer confusion. The risk and associated cost of new product failure is too high when creating two products that don’t clearly identify unique value props. As a 25-year business development manager based in Wisconsin, I’ve been looking for a new career challenge. When can I join your strategic business team to help Northshore elevate the market success you already enjoy?
Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately, we are fully staffed at the moment. The question was about absorbency, not overall value proposition though. My view is that the value is quite different for each person. If AirSupreme is working very well for someone as far as fit, comfort and dryness, then I highly suggest to stay with AirSupreme. However, for someone that is in between sizes for AirSupreme or feels it does not dry fast enough or leaks or some other complaint, then MegaMax Air may solve those problems for them. They are both super-premium breathable briefs and now by having another option, we hope that more people that prefer breathable briefs will find one that works super-reliably for them.

Reactions: californiakid, abdilly, 12srepaid and 1 other person
I personally like cloth backed, but the Air Supreme are so stiff that I won’t wear them. I look forward to trying MM Air. I just wish they didn’t have to be made in China, but that is a different topic.

I wish Pampers & Huggies diapers had plastic options.

Thank You Northshore for having different options.

Last edited:
I take it that the mega-max air sizes will have the same cut and fit of the regular mega-max diapers?

Pretty sure this is the same thing as the Seni Quattro...

eddy200 said:
I take it that the mega-max air sizes will have the same cut and fit of the regular mega-max diapers?

That is what Adam said above, except slightly less fluff and SAP.

AtPeace said:
Pretty sure this is the same thing as the Seni Quattro...

I like the cut of the MegaMax better than Seni, so I'm hoping it's just as good if not better.

I am looking forward to this release and can't wait for my size to come in. I am really hoping that these will enjoy the success of the original MegaMax and allow for further product development, like colors. I'd be really interested if they would release in a slightly different color scheme like MegaMax and Supreme are different. Maybe just colored wings and a white center?

Gah! How much longer until more sizes are available?! I would love to get some of these on my next restock.

Back