New Goodnites design (for XL at least)

Ordered large boys on Amazon slated to come tomorrow. Hopefully they're the new ones. If not then no biggie they fit just a tad tight lol. Also only paid 3.50 for 11 pack

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
H
goodniteslover12 said:
Those don't appear to be the gap free fit. There seems to be two versions of the new prints floating around, "gap free" and non "gap free". Hoping the non version was just a transitional batch.
HOw do you tell.

Plorbian said:
H

HOw do you tell.
I could be wrong, I'm not an expert, but I think the ones that say gap free fit are maybe the initial roll out of this version from sams club. Mine don't say gap free but they are, in practice, gap free. I cannot state enough how good of a job they've done with the new fit and leak guards. (Seriously they're not much bigger but the proportions and measurements are so much better)

Edit: and just anticipating the inevitable follow up question what I mean by that is the old xl felt like they used the same proportions as the smaller ones just sized up. This doesn't work for the age range because pubescent and post-pubescent have proportionally larger butts. It feels like they've changed the position of the legs and added a bit more height in the back so that it hugs your waist properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and I12BLittle89
zultan said:
I could be wrong, I'm not an expert, but I think the ones that say gap free fit are maybe the initial roll out of this version from sams club. Mine don't say gap free but they are, in practice, gap free. I cannot state enough how good of a job they've done with the new fit and leak guards. (Seriously they're not much bigger but the proportions and measurements are so much better)
Does the middle of the pad look far narrower than before? Both the L and XL I’ve bought recently have been leaking horribly and the middle of the padding looks to be very narrow. Maybe 2.5”? That seems to be where it leaks.

I12BLittle89 said:
Does the middle of the pad look far narrower than before? Both the L and XL I’ve bought recently have been leaking horribly and the middle of the padding looks to be very narrow. Maybe 2.5”? That seems to be where it leaks.
I don't know enough to know where the middle of the pad is lol. Is that the bottom of the front or the middle of the front where the legs meet groin? Cuz that's where my leaks were on the old ones. I only have the new ones from 2.22 and a few old ones from 12.27 to compare. The family dollar near me still has a pack from last June before any of the changes maybe I should pick it up to see lol.

I don't want to waste a goodnite by stretching them out it feels naughty for some reason. But still folded the legs on the new ones seem to rise about a quarter of an inch to a half inch higher on the front which takes care of that front leg/groin gap that I was experiencing. Previously only way for me to prevent that gap was to make sure the pant was pulled all the way up before getting in bed. And the back is noticeably higher which takes care of the butt gap I would sometimes experience.

The pads look about the same. Maybe the new ones are slightly larger but I feel probably not. The design of the leak guards makes a big visual difference though. The old ones look less wide at that leg groin spot because the shorter leak guards almost look they're pulling in the pad. Where as with these ones the leak guards stay straight up. Nothing scientific though just me looking at folded pants and opening them slightly because I don't want to ruin the experience of opening a fresh goodnite for either pant lol. I'm not ready to change out of this first one yet but when I do I'll take a look at it and compare it to one of the old ones after they've been worn and update you guys.

Last edited:
zultan said:
I don't know enough to know where the middle of the pad is lol. Is that the bottom of the front or the middle of the front where the legs meet groin? Cuz that's where my leaks were on the old ones. I only have the new ones from 2.22 and a few old ones from 12.27 to compare. The family dollar near me still has a pack from last June before any of the changes maybe I should pick it up to see lol.

I don't want to waste a goodnite by stretching them out it feels naughty for some reason. But still folded the legs on the new ones seem to rise about a quarter of an inch to a half inch higher on the front which takes care of that front leg/groin gap that I was experiencing. Previously only way for me to prevent that gap was to make sure the pant was pulled all the way up before getting in bed. And the back is noticeably higher which takes care of the butt gap I would sometimes experience.

The pads look about the same. Maybe the new ones are slightly larger but I feel probably not. The design of the leak guards makes a big visual difference though. The old ones look less wide at that leg groin spot because the shorter leak guards almost look they're pulling in the pad. Where as with these ones the leak guards stay straight up. Nothing scientific though just me looking at folded pants and opening them slightly because I don't want to ruin the experience of opening a fresh goodnite for either pant lol. I'm not ready to change out of this first one yet but when I do I'll take a look at it and compare it to one of the old ones after they've been worn and update you guys.
The point where the padding creases when folded. That seems to be the middle point I find is the narrowest. That seems way narrower than I remember and that seems to be where it fails.

I12BLittle89 said:
The point where the padding creases when folded. That seems to be the middle point I find is the narrowest. That seems way narrower than I remember and that seems to be where it fails.
So I ripped the sides of new and old. The actual padding itself (if you mean the rectangle) is the same size. I can't speak for your issue, but my leaks were from the gaps and the leak guards while lying down or flooding. I don't know about flooding because that hasn't happened yet but both issues have been addressed in the update

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpamps20
Compared to the Sam's Club version, they are definitely more narrower. Maybe even more narrower than the regular version. :( :(

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and I12BLittle89
goodnitesco96 said:
I

will send a highly irresponsible amount of money for a pack of these. I LITERALLY can’t find XL’s ANYWHERE. I hope Amazon ships the new XL’s because I ordered a 60 pack of them last night.
you still looking for XL Boys, I have a few in my local area

12srepaid said:
Compared to the Sam's Club version, they are definitely more narrower. Maybe even more narrower than the regular version. :( :(
Ugh, I really hope they make the gap free fit for all of them. Not enough money coming in to get a subscription for them. Really going to make me sad.

NVM Target shows they have the gap free fit so maybe you got a bad batch? Seems kinda odd they'd make wider ones for one store. Should upload some photos of them.

Reactions: I12BLittle89
Plorbian said:
Ordered large boys on Amazon slated to come tomorrow. Hopefully they're the new ones. If not then no biggie they fit just a tad tight lol. Also only paid 3.50 for 11 pack
How did u only pay 3.50 can post link

Lostdiapersboy said:
How did u only pay 3.50 can post link
I had 5$ credit and some other discount due to Amazon subscribe and save.

From purchasing some P&G stuff before

• Wow
GoodnitesBoy2000 said:
NVM Target shows they have the gap free fit so maybe you got a bad batch? Seems kinda odd they'd make wider ones for one store. Should upload some photos of them.
As per my previous posts, the gap free fit has nothing to do with width. It has new dimensions. The legs rise a bit higher in the front so that there's not a gap between leg and groin and the elastic is a little different. All the new ones have it even if it's not advertised. They are not running multiple lines of the same product. That increases costs for no reason.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, GoodnitesBoy2000, Ashton84 and 1 other person
backups205 said:
you still looking for XL Boys, I have a few in my local area
I am yeah. Couldn’t find any at the stores i visited down in Denver on Saturday.

People need to let Goodnites know that there's something wrong with the new version, but in a very careful manner in respect to whom Goodnites are designed for.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and I12BLittle89
12srepaid said:
People need to let Goodnites know that there's something wrong with the new version, but in a very careful manner in respect to whom Goodnites are designed for.
Yeah I have held off on saying anything because I don’t lie very well. I’ve considered how to word it about my “son” (that I don’t have) who tried the new XL and it leaked. So we thought it was too big. So we went down to the L which fit but was a squeeze and it leaked too. But in reality that’s how it happened for me. I didn’t want to say anything about sizing being the problem in case they decide to shrink them again like they’ve done in the past. So I have kept my mouth shut.

I12BLittle89 said:
Yeah I have held off on saying anything because I don’t lie very well. I’ve considered how to word it about my “son” (that I don’t have) who tried the new XL and it leaked. So we thought it was too big. So we went down to the L which fit but was a squeeze and it leaked too. But in reality that’s how it happened for me. I didn’t want to say anything about sizing being the problem in case they decide to shrink them again like they’ve done in the past. So I have kept my mouth shut.
For what it's worth, they know young adults are using these... Their own site briefly marketed for ages, not just clothing sizes. So, age 14-20 for GoodNites XL. The Huggies site, meanwhile, says both: "Goodnites® come in XS, S, M, L, and XL, available for children's clothing sizes and ages 3 through 20."

You can find that here: https://www.huggies.com/en-us/resources/parenting/everyday-diaper-tips/timeline
Under the "Frequently Asked Questions" section, answering the question "What sizes do Goodnites come in?"

I'm also just noticing that they're not capitalizing the N in Goodnites anymore. When did that change? I know they went to all lower case on the logo years ago, but when they type it out in text, I thought it was still capitalized...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashton84, I12BLittle89 and TigerDL
I
DelC said:
For what it's worth, they know young adults are using these... Their own site briefly marketed for ages, not just clothing sizes. So, age 14-20 for GoodNites XL. The Huggies site, meanwhile, says both: "Goodnites® come in XS, S, M, L, and XL, available for children's clothing sizes and ages 3 through 20."

You can find that here: https://www.huggies.com/en-us/resources/parenting/everyday-diaper-tips/timeline
Under the "Frequently Asked Questions" section, answering the question "What sizes do Goodnites come in?"

I'm also just noticing that they're not capitalizing the N in Goodnites anymore. When did that change? I know they went to all lower case on the logo years ago, but when they type it out in text, I thought it was still capitalized...
Im just being cautious. We have a good thing going here apart from the narrow padding. I hope they fix it. I get the feeling they just took from the crotch and added to the front and back. Which makes it feel denser out of the pack. Saves costs and weight. Hoping nowl one noticed.

Back