New Goodnites design (for XL at least)

What’s the earliest production date seen on XL boys so far? Just got old style 28 pack made 2/12 and am kinda salty rn lol

Riddy said:
I checked the manufacture date at one store and the xs and s/m sizes were newer.
That kind of makes sense since the younger kids are more likely to wet the bed.
Hmm, younger kids are more likely, but the sizing covers a smaller span of ages on the low end, and there are many more options available at that size. GoodNites XL pretty much is the only option for 95-140+ (12.5-16.6+ y)

It might just be your area.. or mine. If anything my impression is that the boys XL is their best seller.
Especially at the 3-4 stores I frequent for food reasons. They restock the XL much more frequently than any other variation; Stock varies wildly every other day I'm at the supermarket.

My local Walmart stocked the, at the time, empty boys XL shelf with 3(?) cases and 8(?) standard packs of the new design. They were sold out the next day(yesterday), aside from one XL box 8-9 feet up. (I had purchased 2 standard packs fwiw)
New boys L is missing ~2-3 but hadn't changed.
New girls XL had been stocked a week or two ago and those also sold all but 1 pack. (I didn't buy any)
It certainly felt like some others with our interests scoured the boys XL the moment it was stocked haha.

(Just went into a local family dollar that was closed for months because of nearby construction and reopened recently with total interior overhaul/re-arrangement. Everything is stocked 100% except boys XL 1 of 4 left, tipped over haha)

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL
we found girls and boys at a different walmart than local. IMO they're more comfortable than the other ones. sides feel softer and less stiff

dates of 2 weeks ago on the boys and girls the girls one had older packaging but new ones in it. I got a box of boys xl that were new and the girls we only found the 9 count of them

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Dashsanta and pampersguy827
Cniht said:
Hmm, younger kids are more likely, but the sizing covers a smaller span of ages on the low end, and there are many more options available at that size. GoodNites XL pretty much is the only option for 95-140+ (12.5-16.6+ y)

It might just be your area.. or mine. If anything my impression is that the boys XL is their best seller.
Especially at the 3-4 stores I frequent for food reasons. They restock the XL much more frequently than any other variation; Stock varies wildly every other day I'm at the supermarket.

My local Walmart stocked the, at the time, empty boys XL shelf with 3(?) cases and 8(?) standard packs of the new design. They were sold out the next day(yesterday), aside from one XL box 8-9 feet up. (I had purchased 2 standard packs fwiw)
New boys L is missing ~2-3 but hadn't changed.
New girls XL had been stocked a week or two ago and those also sold all but 1 pack. (I didn't buy any)
It certainly felt like some others with our interests scoured the boys XL the moment it was stocked haha.

(Just went into a local family dollar that was closed for months because of nearby construction and reopened recently with total interior overhaul/re-arrangement. Everything is stocked 100% except boys XL 1 of 4 left, tipped over haha)
The fact XL sells a lot is also an indicator that some people use them to manage Incontinence to avoid the shame of clearly buying adult diapers, and it works for a lot of people with incontinence for sure, maybe not the severe cases, but to control dribble and moderate cases, I'm pretty sure its effective, there's also many parents of special need kids who don't necessarily want to use proper diapers, like for Autism spectrum kids.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, FudgedInLuvs and TigerDL
I got an Amazon order of the Boys and Girls XL and weirdly enough the Boys package was the new version while the Girls still had the old flowers and rainbows. I’m on the east coast. Also interesting is that the boys come in the regular anonymous box but the inner packaging is something that looks like they’d sell it on store shelves.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and TigerDL
ProTricycleRacer said:
I got an Amazon order of the Boys and Girls XL and weirdly enough the Boys package was the new version while the Girls still had the old flowers and rainbows. I’m on the east coast. Also interesting is that the boys come in the regular anonymous box but the inner packaging is something that looks like they’d sell it on store shelves.
Which box size did you order?
And what price does it show them?
Does Amazon ship in discreet packaging?

Last edited:
CodyBaby said:
The fact XL sells a lot is also an indicator that some people use them to manage Incontinence to avoid the shame of clearly buying adult diapers, and it works for a lot of people with incontinence for sure, maybe not the severe cases, but to control dribble and moderate cases, I'm pretty sure its effective, there's also many parents of special need kids who don't necessarily want to use proper diapers, like for Autism spectrum kids.
I think they’re generally better than a lot of adult diapers you can get in stores, right?

Reactions: 12srepaid, CodyBaby and Goodnitesdude0127
SecretWeapon said:
Amazon, nope, why would they, most parents order them and expect them at their house anyways, some would argue that the kids needing them could be ashamed to see the box on their front porch, but the reality is most of the times, kids are at school when they are delivered. But in some cases you may ask for a discreet shipping, meaning they would put the box inside an amazon box, I'm not sure why its available sometimes, and sometimes its not available.

Riddy said:
I think they’re generally better than a lot of adult diapers you can get in stores, right?
Looking at the Depends website for their pull-up line the Real Fit holds 20-24oz, Silhouette holds 18-22oz, Fresh Protection holds 20-25oz, and Night Defense holds 25-30oz. The Depends with tabs holds 21-26 oz.

Given that Goodnites advertises 24 oz capacity in the large Goodnites on paper at least Goodnites have comparable performance to KC's Depends lineup. Looking at the unit price on Walmart for Goodnites XL compared to Depends lineup, Depends are cheaper.

flash890 said:
Looking at the Depends website for their pull-up line the Real Fit holds 20-24oz, Silhouette holds 18-22oz, Fresh Protection holds 20-25oz, and Night Defense holds 25-30oz. The Depends with tabs holds 21-26 oz.

Given that Goodnites advertises 24 oz capacity in the large Goodnites on paper at least Goodnites have comparable performance to KC's Depends lineup. Looking at the unit price on Walmart for Goodnites XL compared to Depends lineup, Depends are cheaper.
On paper, maybe, but in practice, GoodNites tend to perform better than Depend's pull-ups because of what I feel is one very important addition (or, rather, what Depend is lacking): leak guards. Advertised capacity doesn't really mean a whole lot if the diaper can't keep it contained long enough to absorb it, lol.

Reactions: JohnQDiaper, Riddy, Ashton84 and 4 others
SecretWeapon said:
Amazon doesn't consistently offer discreet packaging, and sometimes ignores it even when you do select it, but what I have found works, is marking the "this order is a gift" check box. They'll put everything in that order in an Amazon box, and then toss two slips of paper into the box: a gift receipt and a gift message.

As for GoodNites, even without discreet shipping, they're fairly discreet. The box just has a big G on it and says 28 count or 63 count, and I think it says Kimberly-Clark, as well. Rather discreet. The boxes are glued shut at the factory, so Amazon may not add extra tape. As I recall, there's a gap in the flaps where the inner bags of diapers could be seen, if someone's really nosy, but for bulk shipping orders, they're dark blue bags that are fairly nondescript.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, deepdriftAD and TigerDL
ProTricycleRacer said:
I've noticed that, as well... Haven't placed any new orders, but with the old designs, I noticed that. Have they added more color and detail now? Would be curious to see pictures of what you're describing. It sounds like the inner packaging for the boys was different from that for the girls? Like the others, I'm also curious what size packages you ordered.

I've never bought the retail 28-count boxes myself, but from what I've seen, those come with clear bags where you can see all the pants inside, and those bags are printed with a little branding. Whereas the bulk shipping boxes for 63 and even the 28-count, come as dark blue bags with branding. White plastic that's been completely covered in blue ink., and they let the white show through where text and graphics are.

I do wonder how the costs work out. They save on printing on the bulk shipping boxes, but the inner bags use a ton of ink. White plastic isn't cheap, either (black is the really cheap stuff...they can just add carbon and not care about impurities that would otherwise throw off the color; making plastic white or clear is pricey). It's cheaper than clear plastic, but the clear plastic bags also save on ink, because they only print where they want text.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
Was there any new for L does anyone have pictures

Well, each brief last me about 4-6 hours. The thing that suck's, after going to the bathroom, every fue min i will go a-little constantly…so i never have a full void…(but in some spurts is a couple of ounces.).
Yes i empty my bladder, but its constantly, so if the brief starts to leak or smell i change…and there is very little swelling unless very wet…liquid just goes through me ..so if i was like Drinking crap tons of liquid I guess it’s possible but, If I drink a ton of liquid, I have to pee constantly so meh….

Last edited:
It’s so annoying I sit there on the toilet and go and then five minutes later end up going again in my diaper…

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
I just noticed that "Gap Free" was removed from the newest version. It was there with the Sams's Club version. I'm a bit bummed about that.
These feel a little different to me, like they're more narrow in the crotch area than with the Sam's Club version.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: TigerDL and Lostdiapersboy
I just picked up 2 more 28-ct boxes of XL Boys today. Both consisted of the newer packaging, however only one box contained the new prints (2-10 production date). The other box had the older prints, but a more recent (2-24) production date.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and GuybrushT
Plorbian said:
Was there any new for L does anyone have pictures
my walmart has the L: newer i never bothered taking pictures as i been more wanting to see xl ,
the hulk ones, the newer box!?

Tops in my area is now getting the new L. Boxes of the other size are still the old style.

Attachments

• IMG_20240315_155601220.jpeg
    IMG_20240315_155601220.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: TigerDL and eddy200
Back