Name your favorite kids animation ,cartoon , kids program

Scooby Doo Show and Scooby Doo Where are you, baby looney tunes, pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, mew mew power, powerpuff girls (the original ones), jimmy neutron, zaboomafoo, cyberchase, octonauts

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz and michaelmc
From my own childhood, He-man, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
As I got older, Simpsons, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist.
I really enjoyed Adventure time and Regular show.
Having had kids, I’ve developed opinions about the cartoons they watch. Most have been junk. I would pull up classic Sesame Street for them frequently. I liked Super Why.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz and michaelmc
Seasonedcitizen said:
Seventy years ago a neighbor got two tickets for the Howdy Dooty show and took me with her son. I got to be in the Peanut Gallery. Thank you for giving me a great memory.
We may have talked about this before but I think it was 72 years ago I was on the Howdy Doody Show as well. My parents were friends with the Garthwaite family and he worked on the show. His brother made documentaries. Bristol Meyer was one of the sponsors and when I attended Westminster Choir College, Lee Hastings Bristol of Bristol Meyer was the president of Westminster so small world.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc and TrueHero
michaelmc said:
The choice off animation is a tough one because there are so many good ones and im an avid fan , the same goes for cartoons and programs .
The two programs that stick with me are Bagpus and Worzel Gumage 😁
my TV began with the likes off Bill and Ben the flower pot men and Lambchops ( black and white days ) but let's see what you add what gets you nostalgic ? 🤔
Rollie Pollie Ollie, hands down for this Girl.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc
I12BLittle89 said:
It used to be the original Scooby Doo but as I got older I realized the predictability of it all. I started to get into the original Johnny Quest but cancelled my Amazon Prime account. So just barely got into it. I got Star Trek the animated series and it was way too campy. Same voice cast as TOS but the storyline was garbage. They had to dumb it down for kids. I think I set my expectations as a continuation of TOS but animated.
Yes! Same here! So disappointing now. I'm like what was so thrilling to me about "The Miner-Miner 49'er" back then anyway?! Lol. That was my fave episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelmc and I12BLittle89
michaelmc said:
The choice off animation is a tough one because there are so many good ones and im an avid fan , the same goes for cartoons and programs .
my TV bets you nostalgic ? 🤔
Johnny Test

michaelmc said:
my TV began with the likes off Bill and Ben the flower pot men and Lambchops ( black and white days ) but let's see what you add what gets you nostalgic ? 🤔
Inspector Gadget was my first animated obsession with all its zany plots and a protagonist that always comes on top. While my parents and I lived overseas in the early 90s, my grandparents would send recordings of cartoons on VHS and Gadget was one that really stood out as I was also quite awkward like the lead hero. Furthermore, Penny (played by the great Cree Summers) was an awesome role model on using your smarts to help out in a sticky situation.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog in 1993 was probably the next big thing in my childhood along with Rugrats and other early Nicktoons. So many good shows back then!

who remembers the Hair bear bunch ?
Banana splits
Tizwas
Hartley Hare
The Wombles
Double Decker Bus

Reactions: Sissyleslie
I saw a video today on Youtube about the old Betty Boop cartoons and I used to watch them as a little kid. Some of those had scary themes as well.

Just watched "The Tigers Apprentice " animation it was good the line "we are not sharing the same litter box" was very funny 😁
Down side was they butcherd "The Eye Of The Tiger" song in the end credits 🙄

As a little kid, I was a huge fan of DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, and TaleSpin. Once I finally discovered Japanese anime in my late teens/early 20s I fell head-first in love with Japanimation. I couldn't believe the incredible difference in quality of art, character design, storytelling, and voice acting. A couple favorites that would be considered more "kid's shows" would include Pokemon (my first exposure to anime) and Cardcaptor Sakura (still a personal favorite).

Shows that I still gravitate too from childhood are Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers ZEO, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and my personal favorite of the franchise Dragon Ball GT, Zoids, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, ./Hack, Johnny Bravo, Power Puff Girls, Ed Edd & Eddy, Gargoyles. Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm sure there are others that are being left off my list. It can be kind of overwhelming making such a big list trying to remember all of the shows I enjoy. I know a few of these shows were ones I picked up after the age of 10 but for me those shows ARE my childhood lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sidewinder, Tigressmoon22 and michaelmc
PaddedCub said:
The lion king, can you tell? Lol
But also brother bear is a close second
Do you recall the uproar parents had thinking "The Lion King" was a bad influence on children?
I do. The media reported parents thought it too violent and influential. Even loud (?) that made kids sad.:unsure:.

I looked it up on the cartoon's root, so said (from inquiry on Google by medium [cultural side group excerpt]):
"In real life, the characters in the movie weren't animals. They were real African heroes and people who played important roles in the lives and freedom of West Africans. “The Lion King” is really about the story of the great human African king, Sundiata Keita, known as The Lion of Mali.Dec 5, 2022

Seasonedcitizen said:
Seventy years ago a neighbor got two tickets for the Howdy Dooty show and took me with her son. I got to be in the Peanut Gallery. Thank you for giving me a great memory.
I'd've sure loved to "feel" the vibes there amongst the kids, and stage crew whilst the show was being produced. How interesting.

MR Bean, scoobydoo, tom n jerry.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc and Woncrinklz
TrueHero said:
From my own childhood, He-man, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
As I got older, Simpsons, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist.
I really enjoyed Adventure time and Regular show.
Having had kids, I’ve developed opinions about the cartoons they watch. Most have been junk. I would pull up classic Sesame Street for them frequently. I liked Super Why.
Did your kids like the better choices you shared with them (?), like the classic Sesame Street episodes, and others?
I think that's a very good choice you made. Sharing your past likes, and all the cultural differences with generations, would be a good education about people and how life changes over time with everything, including popular genres, etc.

Woncrinklz said:
Did your kids like the better choices you shared with them (?), like the classic Sesame Street episodes, and others?
I think that's a very good choice you made. Sharing your past likes, and all the cultural differences with generations, would be a good education about people and how life changes over time with everything, including popular genres, etc.
Yeah! They get their share of drivel that’s clearly written by algorithms, too, but I think it helped a lot to have the cartoons I grew up with.
And my kids generally have a better time talking to adults than their peers do. I can only assume the cartoons helped.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
Invader Zim & My little pony.

• Love
Oola one I forgot but was huge for me back in the day. Codename: Kids Next Door.

michaelmc said:
who remembers the Hair bear bunch ?
Banana splits
Tizwas
Hartley Hare
The Wombles
Double Decker Bus
Yes! remember the Hair Bear Bunch! (Didn't they used to ride an invisible bike?).I remember at Primary school pretending (with a couple of friends) to be the Hair Bear Bubch riding their invisible bike.
Hartley Hare was from "Pipkins".Originally the show was "Inigo Pipkins," about a puppet maker. Sadly, the actor playing him, George Woodbridge, died. But instead of dodging the issue and avoiding mentioning his death, the show came back as "Pipkins " with Wayne Laryea taking the lead role. In the first episode, they were talking about the death of the previous leading character. Very bold and progressive for a children's show.

• Love
Back