My Friend Turned Rival Found Out About my Art Stash and Now My Mom Wants Me to Delete It

I know some folks with autism who are low functioning. That is what i was referring too. No offense intended to anyone.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Well...I'm not offended. I do have a granddaughter who's been deemed of needing considerable support throughout her lifetime, that's her degree of autism...but what I marvel at is how much of an insanely intelligent person deep-down: since she was in diapers, she found ways of reaching atop the refrigerator for cereal & other goodies, which boggles me and my own autism; she is talented, very big into drawing cartoons and even women's fashions; she is also a sensitive, caring person...sometimes a bit to the extreme, but caring nonetheless. Her own mother--my own daughter--frustrates me because as much as she's harped to me about I don't get my own granddaughter, neither does she...she doesn't even challenge my granddaughter to take on personal responsibilities a tiny bit more at a time and instead thrusts all that responsibility on my second granddaughter to the point of anger. My second granddaughter's beautifully-natural smile is fading...and I dislike that part of my own daughter.

You see...the human range of intelligence is a curious one: there's that which is commonly referred to as "street-smarts" on one end, another which is called "book-smarts" on the other...and a wide gap in-between. 'Normal' people tend to run highly in the "street-smarts" section into the middle-realm...where it begins to decay from there; people with autism tend to run the "book-smarts" end into the middle...and it begins to decay from there. 'Normal' people are rather socially adroit, very clever in quick-thinking social situations and tend to mostly rely on others to fix things in their lives, like cars, appliances, homes, etc.; people with autism tend to pick up many things quickly, develop talents, even specialize...but have great difficulty holding down jobs, holding down relationships, achieving self-support, so on...because they are quite socially aloof and not quick to pick up social cues, if at all.

I guess your post initially upset me because it seemed dismissive at first. I am glad you stepped up to clarify yourself because far too often, I read up on how many others say the words you said, but with all offense intended. It's better than it was when I was younger, when the word "retard" abounded by so many...and even worst in the past, right on down to the popular pre-WW2 social ideology of eugenics and either sterilizing or euthanizing of the "unfit" for something nobody had any degree of control over...right on down to Nazi Germany's determination to not only do something about it but study it and try to do something about it not for human betterment...but because of for the glory of the narrow, so-called "Aryan race". Today, we still are dealing with the trailing-edge residue of such barbaric thinking, which is thankfully dissipating. I wish I could share in the triumph...but I can't. I am not of its time...I am of my time, a time of comparative disgrace. And I will die with my time. But while I am still alive, I will--for the sake of my grandkids--praise it...from a distance. Because I am not of its time.

Last edited:
Reactions: eu38foot, BBBen and BigAl2
Look up Veracrypt and hidden volumes and get a couple of thumb drives. I like the Samsumg 256GB ones the size of a penny. They are like $20 on sale. 400 MB/s USB3 and don't over heat. Always keep at least two copies and alternate them with a full copy off and rewrite every few years (flash memory leakage in storage etc).

Encrypt the whole flash drive with a common passphrase you use and use it to back up all your other records and personal data. Make sure it is important stuff that is personal and private but not end of the world if someone finds it. Then inside of that in the free space you make a smaller invisible encrypted volume with a different pass phrase. The idea being if anyone finds it and knows its encrypted and demands you enter your pw and show them they will just see your tax documents and stuff that would look like you were legit protecting personal data that nobody else cares about. Which you want anyway. Due to the way encryption works with the whole volume encrypted, even the free space, it's impossible to prove there is a second encrypted volume.

Still need to be careful with physical security. The thumb drive will show up unformatted when you insert it, and a non tech savy parent or someone might just shrug and hit yes thinking its blank, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
eu38foot said:
She is (ab)using you as a tax write-off.
People going through all that trouble for a few measily peanuts once a year when they could apply themselves in the real world and make way more than that every month. I'll never understand it. 🤦‍♂️

I know a lot of people like that. No motivation to leave their dead end job or improve their life for the 51 weeks out of the year. Their entire life revolves around a once a year tax return, the 1 week every year they can live and pretend they are a baller. Cue the infighting every Dec/Jan amongst spouses etc over who gets to claim what. ☠️

Last edited:
baliebox4916 said:
ok so when i was talking to my friend who is a trans man starting hormone replacement therapy he brought up the fact that i showed him some abdl art that i have on my pc

this art i've been building up for 7-8 years now has nearly 7000 photos of abdl artwork, lolita fashion, furry art, femboys, cute cosplays etc catigorized in specific colors

however some of this art may be taken wrong as some abdls or furries draw themselves in sexual situations while also in a daycare or something

but mainly its just cute artwork of furries like you see in kurikias works or cute artwork of anime girls like you see in an anime like precure, tokyo mew mew or sailor moon and live action photos of femboys, lolita fashion, petticoats, lace socks etc

this didn't bode well with my neighbour (the trans man) who is also an artist who already has a bad taste in me in regards to me being autistic

and last night they told my mom about my art being bad and my mom flipped out

(they even told my mom about the nsfw art i had of the muppets (WHICH WAS MEANT TO BE FUNNY btw like you see in family guy AND I MAKE SURE do disassociate NSFW of the muppets with sesame street as thats creepy)

and they also misinterpreted some diaper changing art of curly and sue from cave story and sly cooper as being because my dad got me into abdl

WHICH IS FALSE

i got into abdl not because of my dad but, I TOLD THEM, its because my mom treated me like a baby because i was autistic and controlled my media viewing habits and the way i lived in my moms house just because im autistic and my dad would always come home drunk and one time i found one of my old diapers and put it on, and then i found my old frilly teddy bear and wore the diaper while holding my bear when my dad got home drunk

this was back in 2002 or so and i wanted to show my dad that i was still cute like in that spongebob episode grandmas kisses

i only had diaper art of curly and sue not because im attracted to those characters but because i want to live curly or sues life instead of my life as an autistic

(plus cave story is the perfect series to feature a diaper change imo as its like comparing the life of my neighbours or other mutuals to when i was in respite care back in the day epecially when the diaper is being used and the yellow line turns blue and the idea of curly brace changing me and sues diaper in the plantation gives me comfort)

and the sly cooper art because sly cooper makes me nostalgic for the days when my dad was alive before i was sent to respite care and abused
(because my dad had friends that reminded me of the gang members from sly cooper)

im so f**king scared and pissed right now

now my mom either wants me to delete some of the art or get therapy
(which sucks because some of the art is irreplaceable)

all because my neighbours think that abdl (and other feminine fashion) is the same as being attracted to kids (which they probally got from 4chan or some drama they saw online)

and my mom is very conservative and thinks wearing a diaper is the same as wanting to look like a kid or special needs person and not something normal people should do

who do they think they are f**kin disney

anyone
All I can say is shit!
I am autistic.
I will be 66 next Wednesday, and since my parents have been dead for quite a few years, I am free to do what I want and draw what I want.

baliebox4916 said:
yes their female to male

im 26 and i cant move out because my moms keeping me here because she sees my autism as a liability on which i cant live on my own and my family is very straight and conservative and also treats my autism not as me being smart but instead me having the mind of a 6 year old

i went to a special ed class during high school and thats why i cant get a job (otherwise like i said i would have tried abdl diapers and have plenty of fanart of my fursonas and game consoles years ago)
I am Autistic with Cerebral Palsy.
I am living on my own in my own manufactured house trailer that I own outright.

Op I have autism and schizoaffective and bpd I never thought I would be able to live on my own and function but I got on disability( I know your in Canada but maybe they have something like that) and I am able to mostly support myself. I believe in you and think you can possibly move out if you had extra support with something like disability. My parents always babied me and saw me as someone who couldn’t function but proved them wrong. Your mom can’t control you forever maybe look into it if you want to move out. Just a thought and trying to help I don’t know your full situation but just coming from someone who’s autistic I hope the best for you

So this is kind of direct and literal and based on my experiences but i'm also autistic and I like studying the way that neurotypicals behave and respond so that I can not set them off and keep being myself. and what I've noticed is that they pick up on the way others gravitate to judge them. Personally, I gravitate quite strongly in the way one might perceive as "an addiction" because I know what I want and why I want it, and feel that very strongly. So I had to overcome wearing diapers itself being a "sex thing", rather than the type of accusations you're having lobbed at you. The thing is that it is a sex thing, but I'm naturally hypersexual while also being essentially asexual, so wearing underwear or inflating pooltoys is just as likely to get me hot and bothered but nobody ever had an issue with those things. All my kinks are both sexual and non-sexual depending on the context in which i engage with the subject. When that proverbial cat got out of the bag (not me, another cat) I had to come around to it instead of as a "need" which it is for me to wear, to be instead as a medicinal experience because it alleviates my debilitating bathroom anxiety and as a comfort tool as I feel more like myself when I'm wearing diapers. It did click in my stubborn parents that all this I'm experiencing is an extension of who I've always been, and not something that "came out of the blue" while I was away living with a friend for a few years.
What I have to offer you is perhaps you're gravitating in a similar way that expecting parents do towards children and things for/involving children which is a red flag for neurotypicals as a single, socially awkward autistic person wouldn't "normally" want anything to do with children-related things. A few things like Legos or sensory plushies and even having an interest in Barney video tapes are really common things the average person might associate with autism. But when suddenly SEX is added in, whether its sexual to you or not, or whether you're allosexual or asexual neurotpyicals tend to be very weird about sex, especially when its relating with something they don't associate with it. Feet, okay that's a body part if "weird" (i like paws i'm not judging) but they see gravitating towards children and sex at the same time, they're not going to slow down and connect the dots properly. You are not what they're saying, you're clearly learning what gives you comfortable feelings and have had the kinds of wires crossed that plenty of us have had with all kinds of stuff. People around, even if they're conservative, need to know you're not a threat before they can begin to figure out where you make sense in their lives and surroundings, even if they don't plan on engaging with you at all. You're going to get through this, but yeah you might have to lay low a bit, neurotypicals tend to respond well to things going away then coming back later, but when it comes back you need to be ready with diligent self-reflection done and allude loosely looooong before. Though they also respond well to things being loudly and consistently normalized, but unfortunately for you it seems that ship has sailed for this perdicament, but do keep it in mind for later. If this is what you REALLY want with your life, you will find a way to make it work AND translate it to the neurotypicals so they do not see you as a threat. Good luck, and don't let me down ;3

ALSO, if you can find a therapist, any one worth their salt understands infantalism and that its part of who you are, not something that can be "cured" and you can talk about how you can express your little side more the way you want to. Therapy isn't something that should be rejected or seen as "bad"- that's the conservative parents rhetoric being internalized and coming back out -it can be a very helpful and eye-opening experience, with the qualifier that you need to find a therapist that is compatible with you, and not settle for one just to have one. Try practicing what you might tell a therapist before you go and if they respond favorably, see them again. otherwise, look elsewhere.

Reactions: baliebox4916 and BobbiSueEllen
Back