my diaper waste every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless this guy is vegetarian then human waste is not suitable for composting due to the meat content, otherwise we'd all be going and pooping in our gardens and saving the environment rofl :D

I imagine unless one has a closed furnace that burning a used disposable would stink to high heaven.

In the UK they can only just afford to keep the separate normal rubbish and recycling going, and that's only by alternating the weeks that the bins get emptied. I would hate to see them further stretch their measly budget and add another refuse collection scheme. Plus, in all the 20 households in this culdesac thing, probably only 4 at most have nappy refuse - it would not be cost effective to send out a collection lorry for such a small percentage of the population methinks.

Argent said:
Honestly wish people wouldn't beat themselves up about this, their are things that some people can do:

E.g. If you have a garden you can empty the fluff pulp and SAP onto your garden beds or put it with your compost to make super compost.

I remember reading somewhere in Japan they had been burning used disposables which I think burn with the same profile as black coal.

If the world progresses enough we could have seperate diaper disposal collection bins providing a whole lot of new employment.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure whether it would remotely interest you, or whether you'd scream at the idea. BUT, I am double incontinent and have been "kind of " fixed.

I have a permanent indwelling catheter for urine - although I am also suffering retention and my nerves have completely gone - so that is possibly why that was offered.

I have a colostomy for the poop - this was decided that it would give me a much higher quality of life. It really has made things so much better. I can now leave the house without panicking that I'm going to poop myself in the middle of nowhere, or a stinker right in the middle of a busy doctor's waiting room etc.

Although I have a few small issues with both systems, these issues are easily rectifiable and will be rectified in the new year.

I am very happy with my new collection system, both bags are easy to empty/change and I don't have to worry about soiling myself, my clothing etc.

miapeters said:
Yeah, I just feel bad when I think about the amount of plastic waste I cause, I probably have a larger carbon footprint cause I'm doubly incontinent, but what can I do? Until modern medicine has something to offer which will work on me I'm stuck in diapers day and night.

We do have a closed fire and burning used pads is not a problem

ST50 said:
We do have a closed fire and burning used pads is not a problem

So fabulous.

Also Nannyogg, you are correct I missed the part where it was fluff pulp and SAP from wet only nappies for the compost.

As for the rest of it as I said some people can minimise their footprint but I appreciate not all.

miapeters said:
Ummm.... okay, I really don't think it's a hoax, maybe this topic is for another forum but if your going to throw out what 95% of the scientists say yeah sure it's a hoax,
Maybe if you have such strong opinions you should read up on it, global warming didn't change to climate change, they are still two things, global warming is the rise of average global temperatures and climate change is what happens because of it.
Was algore a scientist? No. He's a politician. Let the people who have real science degree's who are experts in their fields explain the science,
Usually people stay firm with their beliefs and usually you can't change their minds, for 100s of years we have used the benefits of science to make life easier and expand our knowledge and you just disapprove of it when it's inconvenient to us?
I have nothing personal against you but what you just said is so irresponsible.
I'm glad I was interested in science and didn't fall for the blind faith religious crap, I'm sorry but that's how I feel. And every year we break the highest global temperature record, that's not proof enough for you. If you want to disprove it get a degree in climate science, otherwise just don't talk about it ......

As for me resting easy, yeah, I'm stuck with this and I'll deal with it.

It seems that the Climate has replaced God for the non religious. Just look at what they Climate Clergy does to climate heretics. Blind Faith in junk science (funded by gov'ts with an agenda) is every bit as naive and silly as blind faith in religion.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/my-unhappy-life-as-a-climate-heretic-1480723518

First of it's a total lie that there's a 90+% scientific consensus on climate change. Anyone who dare publish anything to the contrary gets railroaded. Secondly it's been exposed MULTIPLE times that climate scientists have covered up data inconvenient to their preconceived conclusions (which by definition is NOT science), deleted data that didn't fit the results they wanted to show, and made up phony data to support their conclusions. It's well documented but the won't be reported by the media. They had no fossil fuels in the middle ages which were significantly hotter times than now, yet the climate clergy can't seem to explain that.

It's so amusing to me that people still don't believe our climate is changing. Have they not opened a window in last decade, lol. Seriously, forget what the government, scientists, and conspiracy theorists are saying and look for your self. The proof is all around us, and cannot be denied.

Any ways. If you're worried about the added carbon footprint from your diapers, then offset it. I installed a bunch of solar panels on my roof. Or you could make sure your next car is really fuel efficient (which I also did by getting a hybrid suv). Or even simpler, turn your backyard into a small forest (and when they mature, sell them off and grow more). Or whatever, if your really care then you'll find there are lots of ways to offset your diaper use- and more.

NannyOgg said:
Plus, in all the 20 households in this culdesac thing, probably only 4 at most have nappy refuse - it would not be cost effective to send out a collection lorry for such a small percentage of the population methinks.

A lot of councils do operate nappy collection, however you have to actually contact your council and request it.

Slomo said:
It's so amusing to me that people still don't believe our climate is changing. Have they not opened a window in last decade, lol. Seriously, forget what the government, scientists, and conspiracy theorists are saying and look for your self. The proof is all around us, and cannot be denied.

Any ways. If you're worried about the added carbon footprint from your diapers, then offset it. I installed a bunch of solar panels on my roof. Or you could make sure your next car is really fuel efficient (which I also did by getting a hybrid suv). Or even simpler, turn your backyard into a small forest (and when they mature, sell them off and grow more). Or whatever, if your really care then you'll find there are lots of ways to offset your diaper use- and more.

lol what proof? We've had less severe weather than would be expected with "climate change". proof...lol

mikejames said:
lol what proof? We've had less severe weather than would be expected with "climate change". proof...lol

Well, data on the temperatures suggest the climate is changing. Majority of the worlds leading scientists pretty much all agree the change is real. What the hell else do you need? If 50 doctors tell you that you have cancer and one questionable doctor tells you that you don't. Who the hell are you going to believe in such a situation? However, that example doesn't even describe the extent of it. We are talking about 1,000s if not 10s of thousands of scientists around the world all agree with the data while maybe a handful deny it.

Now obviously this isn't some sort of popular vote. So we can look at the data ourselves. Now you can believe the data is "fake" ... but how the hell would you know that? and why? At that point you might as well never believe anything a scientists tells you and live in a damned cave away from pretty much all the scientific discovery that exists in today's world.

brabbit1987 said:
Well, data on the temperatures suggest the climate is changing. Majority of the worlds leading scientists pretty much all agree the change is real. What the hell else do you need? If 50 doctors tell you that you have cancer and one questionable doctor tells you that you don't. Who the hell are you going to believe in such a situation? However, that example doesn't even describe the extent of it. We are talking about 1,000s if not 10s of thousands of scientists around the world all agree with the data while maybe a handful deny it.

Now obviously this isn't some sort of popular vote. So we can look at the data ourselves. Now you can believe the data is "fake" ... but how the hell would you know that? and why? At that point you might as well never believe anything a scientists tells you and live in a damned cave away from pretty much all the scientific discovery that exists in today's world.

Oh god, those pesky scientists are at it again, did you know humans can actually walk on water, but scientists are faking the data saying they can't, and computers don't actually crunch numbers because scientists are lying about that too /s , jokes aside climate change is real, go read a few papers on the subject than you'll understand what it is.

Oh and the world is actually flat, wake up sheeple.

Lets say the climate is warming up, you're going to have extreme weather events in parts of the world, and "normal weather in other parts", if you want proof of the planet warming up, look at Antarctica I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the anti-climate change people are lying so they massive corporations can stay in business, It's a lot like the smoking doesn't cause cancer, or smoking causing cancer is a hoax group of people. It's in there best interest to spread misinformation so there businesses don't get shut down.

The planet is warming up, but you only really see the effects in certain parts of the world, hotter places getting hotter, colder places getting colder, just because the planet is warming up, doesn't mean you'll see a global effect, it'll be noticeable in hotter countries and colder countries first, even though it's getting colder, certain places ICE is melting because the planet itself is getting hotter.

Come live in Australia, our weather is literally going crazy ATM, floods fires etc. A lot worse than it was many years ago. Pretty sure we are even getting rare as fuck weather events too.

But hey, soon your diaper isn't going to be the only thing that is flooded :p in 100 years people will still be denying it, even if it's 90 degrees Celsius outside xD and parts of the world are already underwater.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that it's not just all about climate change. People tend to get fixated on this and forget the rest of the equally important environmental problems, like water and land pollution, deforestation, resources depletion, etc...

Climate change is a serious problem, each year it seems we break new high temperature records, and no I'm not counting with the middle ages lol, like the guy who said it was hotter in those times. The means to accurately measure temperature are fairly recent.

But like I said, even if you don't believe in climate change, whether because you're in denial or maybe because it seems to be an important cause for a political side and therefore you have to reject it automatically, which is dumb to reject something just for that but people do crazy things so, anyway for whatever reason that's still not an excuse to not try and reduce our carbon footprint and minimize our effects in the environment for all the other environmental issues we have.

WildRoseBaby said:
People get off to that. Sometimes the even pull them out of the garbage and microwave them.

Oh my God. You don't mean...

...Pamperchu?

ColecoVision said:
Oh my God. You don't mean...

...Pamperchu?

Theres a name I haven't heard in awhile, amazed he isn't dead yet

rennecfox said:
Theres a name I haven't heard in awhile, amazed he isn't dead yet

The dude's a meme now. Him and his 1971 Radarange have gone down in infamy for... What he did.

I love how some guy, without nearly any text, posts a picture of a bunch of dirty diapers and sparks a climate change debate. Classic.

brabbit1987 said:

You're totally wrong on the scientific consensus if you think only a handful deny it. The actual numbers might surprise you but I suspect you only get your news from the Daily Kos and HuffPo so you probably wouldn't have heard about it. Your preferred news sources probably didn't cover in depth the email scandal where climate scientists were caught red handed deleting data that didn't fit their preconceived conclusions either. All you have to do is follow the money and it's pretty obvious what a scam "climate change" is. I'm skeptical of any "science" that's funded by people with a political agenda.

ColecoVision said:
The dude's a meme now. Him and his 1971 Radarange have gone down in infamy for... What he did.

What? Bad guy? I didn't know. Somebody should have a weirdo warning system.

Closing - Topics discussing the contents of one's diaper (or displaying pictures of them) are against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back