Messing and Mental Health

Do you find pooping your pants/diaper and possibly sitting soothes or calms you?

• Yes but just the process of messing

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Yes for both the process of messing and sitting in it

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Yes but just sitting in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm not soothed or calmed by messing

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Not Applicable

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Omg301

Pants Filler Extraordinaire
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This is a topic I want to bring up because it is something I've dealt with since I was a young child. To preface this, I've been pooping my pants intentionally since age 9, only recently since February buying and wearing/using diapers. I no longer use the potty and only use my diaper. I wanted to see what people thought about messing and how it can be a strong coping mechanism for those of us with certain trauma or PTSD or CPTSD, etc. It's an honest question. Does the process of pooping your pants or diaper and/or sitting in it relieve stress or soothe you or calm you down? If so, why do you think that is? You can explain below but in my case I know I have bad anxiety and CPTSD and messing myself helps me push all my stresses away into my pants and sitting in it also is great because of reasons I'm not really sure of but I do enjoy sitting in it and it making me feel better when I'm feeling down.

What about you? What's your experience with this difficult subject? I understand some people may be incontinent and responding to this and I'd like their honest opinion as well. Thanks!

Reactions: Mfluder, ShyKary and immp
It can be calming, yeah--the process, that is. I usually clean up promptly. I'm not dealing with any particular traumas. For me, it's a way to shed some adult cares. Wearing diapers and using them this way on purpose runs so counter to my adult programming that it sort of breaks my connection with adulthood. The break is short-lived, but it's very freeing while it lasts.

Reactions: abdlchristian12 and toddlerPampers
it stresses me out and makes me want to cry, honestly. i've only done it once, maybe i should try again with positive reinforcement, but... i think i still prefer using a toilet

it might honestly be linked to my own trauma, tho... i was ridiculed, judged, and called horrible names by my family so i feel so afraid and vulnerable when doing it, and when i'm in a messy didee i feel so ashamed and embarassed...

idk, i've never thought abt this before ;;

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
It can be calming, yeah--the process, that is. I usually clean up promptly. I'm not dealing with any particular traumas. For me, it's a way to shed some adult cares. Wearing diapers and using them this way on purpose runs so counter to my adult programming that it sort of breaks my connection with adulthood. The break is short-lived, but it's very freeing while it lasts.
I totally agree with you there. But I do definitely have trauma and mess for stress overall from it and adult matters.
ShyKary said:
it stresses me out and makes me want to cry, honestly. i've only done it once, maybe i should try again with positive reinforcement, but... i think i still prefer using a toilet

it might honestly be linked to my own trauma, tho... i was ridiculed, judged, and called horrible names by my family so i feel so afraid and vulnerable when doing it, and when i'm in a messy didee i feel so ashamed and embarassed...

idk, i've never thought abt this before ;;
I can see how there is trauma related to messing. In my case, it was the opposite. I messed to try to heal my trauma and it became one of my only coping mechanisms. I'm sitting here right now in a loaded diaper and don't mind it. I know it's not for everyone but it makes me feel so much better.

Cottontail said:
I have not done a bm in my diaper in a long time, but it is definitely what the op says, there’s nothing as babyish as doing your business in your diapers. I would do it all the time but, again like the op says, you need to get out of that diaper and get cleaned up fairly soon. Sit in a soaking wet diaper for hours if you like, but not a messy one.

One thing I’ll say to make the point that doing your business in your diaper has a really profound effect, is that I automatically suck my thumb as I eliminate, which isn’t something I do in any other scenario. Sucking my thumb just feels so right to me, because nothing feels more babyish than pooping in my Pampers.

Attachments

• 479908DA-2056-44F3-A4E6-C71ABC3EEDD5.jpeg
    479908DA-2056-44F3-A4E6-C71ABC3EEDD5.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: Omg301
Back