"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

Hang in there my friend HUGS

I got my diagnostic at 34 now I am 37 I take meds to help with depression anxiety and executive function, it is hard to keep a work life so I try to do the best I can. But I also feel that I am immature do you guys feel immature too? Do you think is pecause the ASD?

caitianx said:
I am okay on a Sunday evening.
I have been needing to clutch and hug one of my plushies for emotional comfort.
Hopefully all you other Autistic Littles are okay and staying safe during this pandemic.
I like to hug my orca when anxious too

Peepeegirl said:
I got my diagnostic at 34 now I am 37 I take meds to help with depression anxiety and executive function, it is hard to keep a work life so I try to do the best I can. But I also feel that I am immature do you guys feel immature too? Do you think is pecause the ASD?

Welcome to the group

Reg chidish and ASD theres no direct link to this just because you have ASD but this said i have many friends that also have ASD (incl other diagnosis)

Peepeegirl said:
I like to hug my orca when anxious too
Good Afternoon Peepeegirl!
Welcome to the tribe of "Autistic Littles".
As I have told everyone earlier, I got diagnosed at age 47 as being on the Autism Spectrum.
Anyway, It is Monday afternoon and shortly I will be taking my daily afternoon nap.
Cassidy" Western.
Today is going to be an "indoor day" for me.

caitianx said:
Good Afternoon Peepeegirl!
Welcome to the tribe of "Autistic Littles".
As I have told everyone earlier, I got diagnosed at age 47 as being on the Autism Spectrum.
Anyway, It is Monday afternoon and shortly I will be taking my daily afternoon nap.
Cassidy" Western.
Today is going to be an "indoor day" for me.
For me too I just went out to get some diapers but I am good for the whole week now

Oops!
I meant to say I watched an old Hopalong Cassidy Western earlier today.

It is coming up on the 2020 Memorial Day Holiday Weekend.
Saturday tomorrow will be cartoon watching day.
With this new routine of staying isolated due to this Pandemic, I am regressing alone by myself and playing with my toys.

I was diagnosed with Autism when I was 12, but the way my doctor put it after going over my school history and my all of the tests I had taken up to that point is that my form is rare where my brain is working overtime 24/7 soaking in new information and storing it as long term memory, they came to this conclusion because I also have problems with social skills, the need for everything to be the same or in the same order and other tell tale signs of Autism.

Does this mean I'm smarter and superior than other people no not by a long, shot the stuff I learned in school got turned into long term memory in the sense that my brain took a picture of it and stored and when it came to things like math when we were told to put the formula on the paper in my head I would see the board the day the formula was taught but that took a while because my brain was like an unorganized filing cabinet or hard drive

This did give me a photographic memory that plays like a movie in my head now I found out if I come in contact with things that are associated with certain memories then those memories start playing like how I am able to remember the time when I was 2 and snuck out of our families camper at night and roamed around in my night time diaper, I wrote about this over on the story forums in the autobiography section.

During that visit where I was diagnosed my doctor proved her point when she brought in my old pediatrician who was a Russian lady who was just out of med school at the time she started being my doctor and she was only doctor for one year before the hospital transferred her around I only met her twice, once when I was sick and another during a checkup where she changed my wet diaper and I peed on her a little, I was 1 at the time but I knew her name and that checkup from 11 years ago even though I had never seen her or heard her name since.

Warm welcome to the thread :)

My photographic memory is more i see Pictures in front of my eyes

My understanding of electronics is visual, with pictures of circuits and related equations.
The same is for my tendency to be like a walking GOOGLE Maps.
(And other odd interesting information.)

Reactions: Lyokodl and Deleted member 44276
Still here.
Enjoying caring for my guinea pig companions.
Still regressing.
Playing with my children's toys.

Reactions: Deleted member 44276
As everyone here knows, besides being Autistic, I have lived all my life with Cerebral Palsy.
I do still stand and walk using forearm crutches and a rollator walker frame.
But most of the time I do spend my time confined to my wheelchair in my kitchen.
Yes.
My spastic legs have been getting weaker necessitating me to have to use this wheelchair to roll-around here inside my own home.
I will note that due to this COVID-19 Pandemic "isolation", with my Autism, I have mostly lost the cognitive will to speak.
I spend my days "in silence" with only the thoughts within my own head.

caitianx said:
As everyone here knows, besides being Autistic, I have lived all my life with Cerebral Palsy.
I do still stand and walk using forearm crutches and a rollator walker frame.
But most of the time I do spend my time confined to my wheelchair in my kitchen.

Yes.
My spastic legs have been getting weaker necessitating me to have to use this wheelchair to roll-around here inside my own home.

I will note that due to this COVID-19 Pandemic "isolation", with my Autism, I have mostly lost the cognitive will to speak.
I spend my days "in silence" with only the thoughts within my own head.

That must be very hard for you my friend

That sounds very rough indeed :cry:

This are indeed very trying times my friend. And like you i pretty much only talk when the phone rings (and its usely only 2 people that phones me my mentor and VERY dear close REEL friend (pretty much every day to check im okey) and my step aunt) So belive me i understand . BUT you CANT give up on speaking . Talk to youre self (i do who else am i gonna talk too , the Tv same thing ALL the time

Belive me i know its very serious and troubeling times BUT we CANT just give up on life My friend we HAVE to keep fighting and make the best of what we got to work with.

I am okay.
Still here.
But in "Emotional Crash Mode".
Admittedly, FACEBOOK has too much "political fighting" on it for the last few months.
Except for my weblog there, I quit responding to everything.
Well, time for my nap.

You really didn't need Covid on top of your brother's death. Just know that we are here for you and appreciate you.

Hello to all. I believe I am on the autistic spectrum and was meant to have multiple tests back I was a nipper but my mother was silly and kept pulling me away as she didn't want to know. I guess once things settle I may look finally getting tested.

ssfur said:
Hello to all. I believe I am on the autistic spectrum and was meant to have multiple tests back I was a nipper but my mother was silly and kept pulling me away as she didn't want to know. I guess once things settle I may look finally getting tested.

Hi there and warm welcome to the thread :giggle:

Reg the testing if YOU feel this will help you and you experince dificulties in life due to it then you should defenetly go and get tested . If you dont have any problems in life and its all under control etc... then there is no reason to waist money or effort on this

hello again! just wanted to check i on everybody! as of right now im cuddling my teddy and just browsing the forum....what about you guys and gals?

Still here as usual taking one day at time making the best with what i got to work with

Back