Jelly Rolling

lilmommasboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Soooo, I am finally moving away from goodnites and into cloth diapers and inserts. The one problem I have is that the plastic PUL pants I have are my size along with the diaper but the waistband of the diaper sticks out a ton! I was told to jelly roll my diaper which is a prefold and I am having trouble. Does anybody have any tips?

Reactions: Cottontail
lilmommasboy said:
the waistband of the diaper sticks out a ton!
Do you mean that the diaper is too long? The jelly roll won’t fix that. Try folding the back end of the diaper in until it’s the right length. After that you can do your jelly roll or angel wing or whatever diaper fold you want. Some people prefer to deal with extra length by folding in the front end instead of the back, but I find this creates way too much bulk in front.

If you need to shorten the diaper by more than 3-4 inches, consider trying the next size down.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess so, it is a Rearz overnight cloth prefold. It said I was just barely in the range for a large but I guess a small should work better.

Reactions: Cottontail
lilmommasboy said:
Yeah I guess so, it is a Rearz overnight cloth prefold. It said I was just barely in the range for a large but I guess a small should work better.
Have you washed it 3-4 times? I’ll guess so, but it never hurts to ask. :) The cotton twill diapers are pretty shrinky, so definitely make sure it’s fully prepped before judging the fit and function. A large will lose 5-6 inches of length to shrinkage. Still, it does sound like a medium might suit you better than a large.

Last edited:
Back