Is late potty training becoming increasingly normalized?

Palle said:
I was that kid, diapered full time, until I was 5. Not that I have any particular memories of what I thought of potty training or the diaper itself. I just remember being checked and changed when necessary, put on the potty at the same time. My sister was about 6.5 years older than me and she had a lot of problems with OAB, so she was kept in diapers or some kind of absorbent underwear. From what I can remember, she wore her more discreet absorbent underwear to school, otherwise she wore a diaper when we left the house. So did I until I started school and just before that became very conscious of my underwear. Since we both were bedwetter, well there wear always diapers close by and, me being somewhat accident prone, I was usually put in one after an accident, was almost 11 the last time that happened, very embarrassing wearing the diaper afterwards...
That's why I say wearing the diapers isn't the problem, it's the stigma around it.

Reactions: espectro, Reward, Lilschoolfox and 7 others
Lori said:
That's why I say wearing the diapers isn't the problem, it's the stigma around it.
Stigma is a term often used to describe the negative perceptions and attitudes towards individuals who wear diapers beyond the typical age.
Growing up, there was no stigma at home as my sister often wore them, and I did too at times. However, as I became more self-conscious and aware of societal values, the stigma surrounding wearing diapers at an older age became a source of embarrassment for me.
I'm uncertain about how my sister experienced the stigma, but it's clear that societal attitudes had a significant impact on my own feelings...

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Lori said:
Right. And this stigma is, my hypothesis, rooted in how diapers were performing back in the days, with problems around hygiene. Today, diapers are much better, so not the same.

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher and Palle
Betterwearadiaper said:
Right. And this stigma is, my hypothesis, rooted in how diapers were performing back in the days, with problems around hygiene. Today, diapers are much better, so not the same.
Please tell me how came to that conclusion.
I have another theory about diaper stigma:

Girls have periods, think it's gross, even if it is natural cleansing cycle function.
Girls get shamed by other girls for wearing sanitary pads because they are like diapers
Girl grow up and some of them become moms
Moms try to potty train their girls as soon as possible
Moms (and other women) sometimes get IC (sooner or later), adding to the stress to get the girl dry as soon as possible
Girls get potty trained
Girls grow up and have their menarche
...and the circle is complete...

The above is nothing boys ever have to deal with, so no wonder there are more boys than girls in the ABDL world.
Also add the fact that many boys like to infantile girls, and you will get even less...

Well, I will probably get killed for this post, so, it was really nice to know ya all!

Palle said:

Girls have periods, think it's gross, even if it is natural cleansing cycle function.
Girls get shamed by other girls for wearing sanitary pads because they are like diapers
Moms (and other women) sometimes get IC (sooner or later), adding to the stress to get the girl dry as soon as possible
Girls get potty trained

The above is nothing boys ever have to deal with, so no wonder there are more boys than girls in the ABDL world.
Also add the fact that many boys like to infantile girls, and you will get even less...

Well, I will probably get killed for this post, so, it was really nice to know ya all!
I have never heard of any woman getting shamed for wearing a pad. Who ever does this need to have this addressed. immediately

Reactions: AJFan2020, Lori, Palle and 3 others
Palle said:

Girls get potty trained

Release the ninja bunnys
You did it now 🤣
The stigma comes from moms and dads saying only babys wear diapers. You don't want to be a baby do you. Most everyone that went through potty training got this.
Stop acting like a baby being a baby is bad. Diapers are associated with being a baby. Don't you want to be a big girl. Don't you want to be a big boy. Not a baby only babys mess there pants. Mom Billie messed his pants. Come in here right now your going to get a bath. Then take a nap only babys mess there pants so I'm going to treat you like a baby Nap time. Stuff like this is programmed into parents head from child hood.
They parent like they were parented
. All this comes to play.

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonstah, AJFan2020, dogboy and 1 other person
Palle said:

Girls get potty trained

Same problem, it is not "clean" -> shame. Or, is perceived shameful, because we believe others see it as not-clean.

As for diapers now vs before, I observe it has gotten much better, children nowadays can wear diapers at older age, of they are necessary. Which can again be linked to the fact they are much better, and cleaner.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and bambinobaby
foxkits said:
The stigma comes from moms and dads saying only babys wear diapers. You don't want to be a baby do you. Most everyone that went through potty training got this.
Exactly.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and PadPhilosopher
GoodniteQueen said:
I have never heard of any woman getting shamed for wearing a pad. Who ever does this need to have this addressed. immediately
I'll have to ask @lilbabyjooce for some help here and borrow one of her posts:

Last edited:
foxkits said:
Release the ninja bunnys
You did it now 🤣
Stop acting like a baby being a baby is bad. Diapers are associated with being a baby. Don't you want to be a big girl. Don't you want to be a big boy. Not a baby only babys mess there pants. Mom Billie messed his pants. Come in here right now your going to get a bath. Then take a nap only babys mess there pants so I'm going to treat you like a baby Nap time. Stuff like this is programmed into parents head from child hood.
They parent like they were parented
. All this comes to play.
Here are some more incentives:
Parents do not want to change dirty diapers
Parents do not want to change any diapers at all
Diapers costs money, much more that a piece of toilet paper and parents have limited amount of money...
Who, mostly, changes the most diapers mom/dad? so?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hell2DaNaw, AJFan2020 and PadPhilosopher
Betterwearadiaper said:

My description of someone who judges any other woman for wearing pads is the same as that for anyone who judges a child for wearing a diaper: they're more of a piece of s**t than anything that might be contained in said diaper.

Reactions: bambinobaby, Palle and Deleted member 77055
Palle said:
Here are some more incentives:
Parents do not want to change dirty diapers
Parents do not want to change any diapers at all
Diapers costs money, much more that a piece of toilet paper and parents have limited amount of money...
Who, mostly, changes the most diapers mom/dad? so?

Whether that is true or not is irrelevant. I don't have a kid, but if I did, and they needed me to change their nappies, I wouldn't care if they were 2 or 5 or what, I'd do it ... I may not want to, but god damn it, what sort of mother would I be if I didn't?

What any kid might say to try and humiliate them is more a reflection on that kid than it would me on my hypothetical kid.

Reactions: CookieMonstah, PadPhilosopher, bambinobaby and 1 other person
Lori said:
Whether that is true or not is irrelevant. I don't have a kid, but if I did, and they needed me to change their nappies, I wouldn't care if they were 2 or 5 or what, I'd do it ... I may not want to, but god damn it, what sort of mother would I be if I didn't?

What any kid might say to try and humiliate them is more a reflection on that kid than it would me on my hypothetical kid.
Well, we were talking about stigma, and that's apparently inverted logic related to people who are afraid of something (=diapers)

Palle said:
Well, we were talking about stigma, and that's apparently inverted logic related to people who are afraid of something (=diapers)
There's a difference between a stigma and a phobia.

If I walked up to a gay couple kissing, and told them what they were doing was disgusting, I would be called a homophobe and a bigot, and with good reason.
Same principle, if there was a mother breastfeeding her nappy-clad 4 year old, and I abused her by saying "your kid is too old for XYZ" ...

Bullying kids of 4, 5 or whatever for wearing nappies won't stop them wearing them, but will make them feel a fuck ton more ostracised from everybody else for doing so. When you get rid of the stigma and say "nappies are for anybody who needs them", it is far more likely that the peers will not ostracise that kid.

Reactions: CookieMonstah, Rezzu, AJFan2020 and 2 others
Lori said:
My description of someone who judges any other woman for wearing pads is the same as that for anyone who judges a child for wearing a diaper: they're more of a piece of s**t than anything that might be contained in said diaper.
Actually never heard of such, but then I may not be qualified to know. I think most men have this "do not need to know" attitude about that.

The "do not need to know" also applies to diapers. If someone wear diapers, I really do not need to know, most people would prefer not to know. This goes for adults, as well as older children, I have encountered on several occasions quite old children obviously wearing diapers, and that is really nothing I want to pay too much interest in, because it is their privacy. Just because I happen to be quite fond of diapers, I have no interest in invading the privacy of others, it just feels very wrong.

Reactions: CookieMonstah, PadPhilosopher, 12srepaid and 1 other person
Betterwearadiaper said:
Actually never heard of such, but then I may not be qualified to know. I think most men have this "do not need to know" attitude about that.

The "do not need to know" also applies to diapers. If someone wear diapers, I really do not need to know, most people would prefer not to know. This goes for adults, as well as older children, I have encountered on several occasions quite old children obviously wearing diapers, and that is really nothing I want to pay too much interest in, because it is their privacy. Just because I happen to be quite fond of diapers, I have no interest in invading the privacy of others, it just feels very wrong.
None of my/our business is also good. Only Exception: If a child is being forced to wear diapers against their will, then there are problems.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Betterwearadiaper said:
At various times I heard that from my father, my mother, and my sister. But not consistently or all the time.

Lori said:
There's a difference between a stigma and a phobia.

If I walked up to a gay couple kissing, and told them what they were doing was disgusting, I would be called a homophobe and a bigot, and with good reason.
Same principle, if there was a mother breastfeeding her nappy-clad 4 year old, and I abused her by saying "your kid is too old for XYZ" ...

Bullying kids of 4, 5 or whatever for wearing nappies won't stop them wearing them, but will make them feel a fuck ton more ostracised from everybody else for doing so. When you get rid of the stigma and say "nappies are for anybody who needs them", it is far more likely that the peers will not ostracise that kid.
Well, there is a difference between stigma and phobia, but is it really in this case?
- It really depends on the angle or point of view, and here is mine:

- Stigma, a sort of group discrimination, refers to negative projected thoughts towards a group of people, it can may lead to public disapproval, discrimination or social exclusion of groups for no good reason.

- Phobia, a sort of extreme avoidance behavior in a single individual, refers to an extreme irrational fear towards something specific like an object or situation that causes strong personal anxiety and avoidance behaviors in the individual who has it.

* Conclusion and consideration:
Both can lead to negatively affect a group or individual. But consider that both also can enhance each other, so maybe we actually have a combined problem here?

* How do we beat it?
By raising awareness, show empathy and educate the uneducated.
This is super easy to say but really hard to turn into practice.

@Lori, this was my analyze, and those are my sincere thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:
  • Love
Kinda weird to be upset by this. Especially for all the DL's here. Seems rather hypocritical in a sense.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Palle, PadPhilosopher, Lori and 1 other person
12srepaid said:
Kinda weird to be upset by this. Especially for all the DL's here. Seems rather hypocritical in a sense.
Well we all had different experiences growing up some not so positive or down right abusive.
I was spanked at school once by my dad because he thought I was lazy having accidents at school.
The principal was mad so the teacher must have complained.
On the way home my dad asked if I wanted to be put back into diapers.
way before back into cloth diapers because my mom was frustrated over accident's.
Most of us are protective of the young. We have different points of view. There are no instructions on a child's foot . So most parents do the best they can in most cases.
We want the young to grow up happy and advance in life.
The things that happened to me.
Was the norm if a child wet the parents were locked down on.
If you're child was wetting they were cloth diapered and shamed in a lot of cases. As time goes on things change I hope for the better.
My time was in the very early 60s

Last edited:
Back