Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRascal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
As the title implies to me it seems nowhere near as active as it did say a month or two ago? Am I missing something here? There appears to be less new threads and engagement.

If you’re lurking stop and bring some life back into the forums 🙈🥰🤗

Reactions: Kirisin, Deleted member 67340, SAPexpanded and 3 others
No, it is not you!, I too have noticed a whole lot less people on the forum.
I am on the forum alot everyday during afternoons and evenings and have noticed diminished activity online.☹️

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleRascal
It’s kind of typical for this time of year—people wrestling with seasonal emotional lows, working overtime, studying for final exams… It’ll pick back up early in the new year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81, Diaper44, geka and 4 others
Forums in general have been dying for awhile now. I wish more people would not leave and exclusively use discord but that's the way of things.

• Sad
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Jorelaxed and DangerKitsune
It's sad really, I personally much prefer forums to the Fisher-Price designed Baby's first IRC ripoff of Discord. What you are witnessing is the slow death of Web 1.0.

Reactions: ShippoFox and tiron101
Wait 'til the Holidays are over, it'll get busy again. Mark my words. 🤭🥳

• Love
Reactions: Kirisin, Newbaby110521, GatoChihuahua and 4 others
I think it kinda comes in waves. I think we have slower times. I have certainly had less contact and discussion than normal for me. But I am more at using this like a therapy myself and others and I do not see it ever going away. This place was not what I expected it to be and it has been a great joy in my last 2 years of life.

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81, Hoksiyopa, ChrisK and 5 others
Well it's Christmas around the world and many ppl are doing holiday things.
They'll be back.

Reactions: Diaperman95, GatoChihuahua and BobbiSueEllen
As many have said activity slows during holidays, the result of seasonal woes and etc. Depression is also at its worst in winter. I have a seasonal affective pattern in my Bipolar NOS.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Having been on the forum since 2013, I can say that the tides ebb and flow. That is to say that time of year, weather, world events and what not effect when or how much people post. Not diminishing other personal reasons though, of course things vary. I would say that it is actually more active then it ever has been, at least on average. I have posted a bit, maybe not as much as in past, but only because, case in point here, I am busy with holiday travel, family and all sorts of personal goings on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eclectic and BobbiSueEllen
Just seasonal fluctuations.

Yeah as has been said activity here comes and goes, it is lower around christmas time generally but will pick up.

I myself find that I can and go over time, I haven't been active here for a couple months then I come back and post loads then fade off again. it depends on how much is going on in my life.

It's kinda like the binge purge with diapers people come, get the support/answers/companionhip they need then "purge" and go quiet for a bit then come back for more and so on.

LittleMonsterUK said:
As the title implies to me it seems nowhere near as active as it did say a month or two ago? Am I missing something here? There appears to be less new threads and engagement.

If you’re lurking stop and bring some life back into the forums 🙈🥰🤗
It’s true, I love it here, but it does seemed to have slowed, it think it’s the time of year too, we’ll I hope it is.

I took a little time away and am trying to be more restrained in my posting. I know of another couple of fairly active users who are taking a break right now as well.

I'd hazard a guess that a few little and fairly random things like this add up quickly when they happen at the same time. I wouldn't think the forum has suddenly entered into a death-spiral or anything so significant.

Reactions: Deleted member 62334 and BobbiSueEllen
I hope the forum isnt dying I just got here! D:

Reactions: ShyBoo81, Nowididit, Diaperpee8 and 2 others
We need a streaker!
(Not me, though 😝)

• Haha
Reactions: warmfeeling and BobbiSueEllen
LittleMonsterUK said:
As the title implies to me it seems nowhere near as active as it did say a month or two ago? Am I missing something here?
Look at the attached graph of our daily average # of posts.
We've gone from ~360/day a year ago, to over >525 average posts per day now.
We're clearly becoming more active, not less active.

Attachments

• adisc_posts_last_year_monthly.PNG
    adisc_posts_last_year_monthly.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, wetaccident, Deleted member 48371 and 7 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back