Is Diaper Punishment a thing?

I was threatened with being put back in nappies and plastic pants a many times when I was about 7 or 8 (so about 1993/94) for what my parents perceived to be ‘childish’ behaviour. Ridiculous considering I was a child! One time my mum even took me into the chemist in town telling me she was looking for nappies that would fit me. Anyway it always had the opposite effect from what they intended because even at that young age the whole idea excited me and so I’d continue to act out in the hope they would go through with it. Eventually they just stopped saying it.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
No, dear. She said her son bit her once while nursing because he was teething. She didn't give him the delusion that biting people was okay. That's what I know, because she gave him an object to bite. He had no malice. Teething hurts, and she knew it. It was the first time his little gums had ever hurt like that, he needed to bite, and she was there.

She told him, "Ouch! You hurt me! Please don't bite me, but you need to bite. Here, bite the doll. It won't hurt the doll."

She acknowledged his need to bite, because his gums hurt, and offered him an inanimate object. She chose a doll. Maybe that's why you thought she condoned biting people? For that reason, I'd have chosen a teether. He never did it again, because she didn't ignore the pain in her boob, or assume he was just a stupid baby, who couldn't choose to aggress. She knew he was teething, and his biting wasn't an attempt to aggress. She didn't punish his need to alleviate the pain in his gums. Her kid is I think 8 now, and never had biting issues. He probably found many inanimate, appropriate objects to bite, if he felt the need, because it registered young.

"Biting people hurts them. When my teeth hurt me, or maybe I'm angry enough to bite, I bite things instead."

I don't think you're hearing stuff she didn't say. Pretty sure it's a processing issue. I process sound better than big chunks of written stuff. That's why all the videos.

No, sweetie, you aren't stupid. The system is. I've been through loads of IEPs myself. If typing were less painful for me, I wouldn't give people quite so many videos and words to process. Sorry about that.

Teddy02, if I'm not mistaken, behaviorism was already well established in the 50s, so, yes, there was psychology sed, but no one cared how painful it was. No one had yet said, "Wait, this hurts us both. Is there a better way? Now there's more science behind multiple philosophies. Dyslexia, on top of everything else you went through as a kid must have sucked. I'm sorry.

Wow see? You were assaulted. and because you were a kid, it was normal, and you don't even see it.
All I did was to break the rules and get punished. The punishments were different, assault, maybe, but the short sharp shock was enough to make sure I did not do it again. I had and still have enormous respect for my, long deceased, house-master. It was very much ‘stick and carrot’. It did not make me grow up angry or violent, quite the opposite. I turned out alright and did well in business etc in spite of the dyslexia and the abdl.

spanking is child abuse, yelling is child abuse, grounding is child abuse, denying candy is child abuse, where does it end?

no, this is not child abuse. it's just parents trying to discourage behavior they believe is being done deliberately.

Kids tend to be hard-wired to want to be more like their parents and peers, so they'll usually see diapers as something they want to get away from, and this makes it an effective tool to encourage better behavior. Sometimes it's misguided, but it's usually well-intentioned.

"but you'll traumatize the child!"

and I think that's why we have a growing problem with people being so easily offended. Too much effort put into childproofing the world instead of worldproofing the child.

• Angry
Reactions: hersen, DiaperVapor, babyboy and 2 others
bambinod said:
spanking is child abuse, yelling is child abuse, grounding is child abuse, denying candy is child abuse, where does it end?
Kids tend to be hard-wired to want to be more like their parents and peers, so they'll usually see diapers as something they want to get away from, and this makes it an effective tool to encourage better behavior. Sometimes it's misguided, but it's usually well-intentioned.

and I think that's why we have a growing problem with people being so easily offended. Too much effort put into childproofing the world instead of worldproofing the child.

I agree with you about the goal of worldproofing the child but not on the means to achieve it. Yes, I have children. And Yes, it's not at all easy to get their strange little minds understand the reasons for doing things, let alone put it into practice. Nonetheless, a lot can be achieved by arguing and convincing rather than humilating or hurting. Corporal punishment and the pillory were abolished in several civilized countries, and that should also apply to children.

If a 3 year old that previously was potty-trained has a relapse, there's nothing wrong with temporarily diapering again. But if my children behaved in I way I considered inappropriate for their age, we have got family deals about priviledges like pocket money, media usage, favourite foods, weekend activities that can be negotiated according to their level of maturity, similar to how adults successfully negotiate about tariffs, rockets, drone attacks, erm, maybe I better drop this line of argument. But at least we try, and so far I didn't have to use drones when parenting.

By the way, as far as I remember, my DL side was sparked by a well-intentioned diaper after an accident. This is certainly not what my parents intended.

Reactions: BigKid25, tiny and dogboy
bambinod said:

no, this is not child abuse. it's just parents trying to discourage behavior they believe is being done deliberately.

Spanking and yelling aren't child abuse but if you were to constantly yell at a child and belittle them then yes, that's abuse, also depending on how hard you hit the child, it could be classed as child abuse. I personally don't think I will spank my child but may give them a clip round the ear sort of thing if they get out of line.

Reactions: KittyMerriweather and LilxFawn
Yes, we disciplined our children by taking away some of their privileges, things they enjoyed doing. We didn't yell at them but used calm voices to reason with them. Parents need to remember that little brains haven't fully developed yet which is why they are impulsive and can make bad decisions. In fact, they choose unwisely because their brains haven't learned yet to think beyond the act and what the consequences could be. That's why we as parents have a responsibility to reasonably and rationally teach them. Putting a child who is more or less potty trained into diapers isn't reasonable as it can and probably will humiliate the child and affect how they think about themselves and the world around them. Why would you hurt a child you love?

Reactions: ibleien and LilxFawn
bambinod said:

Spanking and yelling aren’t child abused, beating your child and constantly belittling and humiliating them ARE. I was abused emotionally and physically growing up. My parents made my own home unsafe. It’s one thing to spank your kid, it’s another to make them bleed or make them so scared of a raised hand that they flinch even as an adult due to fear of being slapped or punched. My mother attacked me, straight up, multiple times. Did she spank me too? Yes of course. But that was never the worst of it. It’s not that we’re being soft on our kids, we’re not being like our shitty abusive parents. I don’t know about you, but when I have children I don’t want them fearing me the way I still fear my parents. Humiliating a child for something they’re having trouble with is shameful. Forcing a child to wear diapers and humiliating them instead of being kind, patient, and loving is just absurd to me. I just can’t stand the diaper punishment sh*t. It’s a sick way for the parent to get their jollies off on the pain of their child. It f*cking disgusts me

Reactions: KittyMerriweather
unfortunately I was.... I consider it child abuse. So was I abused ? You decide.

I was young. I went to pre shcool in South Carolina and it wasn't bad at all. It was actually quite nice and I made many friends. Sadly I moved out of state years later and lost contact. The 90's and early 2000's were not the best for social media and staying connected but I digress.

MY school had rules and if you broke the rules punishments were pretty normal. Until one day. I saw my friend forced to be a baby after he broke some rules. For what I have no idea. They took him down the hall to the daycare side , put him in diapers , put a paci in his mouth and led him back to the class room. It was unreal and not something I have ever seen before because I was young. Diapers are for babies and I potty trained years ago so this was a shock to me. My friend wasn't the only one this happened to. Another friend of mine had the same thing happen to him. They took him by the hand led him down the hall and did the same thing. Then led him back to class to show everyone in class. Then one day I was bad. I didn't know what being led down the hall was like at all. I rarely got in trouble and never wanted to be in trouble but one day I couldn't sleep during nap time and the teacher I guess wasn't having any of it. She told me I was in trouble and told me if I didn't go to sleep during nap time I would not like it so I should go to sleep. I couldn't sleep. I just tried to hide my face and tried to close my eyes but couldn't sleep at all. She then turned the lights on to wake everyone up for snack. I wanted my snack but by the time she gave everyone their snack she said she would be right back and then grabbed my hand and led me down the hall. I was crying and everything. It was really emotional for me. She opened the door to the nursery and the first thing that hit me was the smell. It smelled like a dirty diaper. I was led to in front of the change table where a toddler was being changed and I was told to wait there. Me I'm still crying and everything and the teachers start to make fun of me crying. It was really mean and made me feel really bad as kid. Well that ended pretty quickly because it got worse. The changing table was ready for me. She lifted me up and put me down on the changing table I was crying a lot. She took my shoes , pants , and undies off me. I was lying there naked and then she put a diaper under me. Then came the rash cream , baby powder , etc on me and pulled the diaper up between my legs and taped it. She lifted me back up and put me on the floor. I was still crying. She put a paci in my mouth and said stop then grabbed my arm and led me back to class in nothing but a tee shirt and diaper. She opened the door and showed all the kids. I was mortified. I could not stop crying. After about 5 minutes of her showing the kids and telling them I broke the rules she then led me back to the nursery and that is where I stayed the rest of the day. They did give me a bottle instead of snack and did use my diaper but they changed me back into my clothes before my parents picked me up. I never told them. I was actually treated like a baby and no for people who have that fantasy it isn't cool when you're a kid and punished this way. It's really scary and saddening. I believe it's child abuse and will never accept that it isn't.

But yes I was punished with diapers. Why I'm an AB today I will never know.

Sorry for the typos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis Badger
caitianx said:
Yes!
It is a form of Child Sexual Abuse.
It really is. I've been told " Oh it's not because they didn't physically hurt you " but truth is it is traumatizing.

It’s a thing, I just don’t know how common it’s followed through. There are a few YouTube videos unless they were taken down but it’s a thing.

My sisters and I were threatened with diaper punishment but they never did anything. We knew he followed through with threats so we just tacked it on the list of reasons not to get In too much trouble. Maybe it was worse for my sisters but the only reason I remember it is because I half considered getting myself in trouble so I could wear a diaper again. Didn’t seem like a punishment to me but the videos of parents that followed through look pretty scary to experience.

bambinod said:

For a lot of people, behaviorism might not cause violence, just the desire to be good for those in power. The violence might only come in when those in power turn their backs.

Peaceful, mindful, conscious, respectful, objectivist parenting is not permissive. Children raised this way do have rules, and do follow them. They're some of the most polite, thoughtful kids I've ever seen. They know how to talk to adults, and sound rather like us.

I think it's because their parents spend so much time talking to them, and reasoning with them. They don't lie and say Santa is real, or the tooth fairy, or Mickey Mouse, or any other such imaginary being. As a result, these kids come to know their parents as reliable sources of accurate information.

Most of these parents hold the Non Aggression Principle.

Basically, "Thou shalt not initiate force, nor commit fraud. (lie)"

The parents don't hold their children to a higher standard than they are willing to hold themselves to. They don't want their kids to hit, or in other ways cause them physical pain, verbally tear them down, and withhold cooperation, so, the parents, themselves, don't.

They say something like, "You don't know my birth mother, because when I was 4, she took drugs that made her die. No, I don't think she meant to die. I bet she just wanted to hide her hurt feelings."

When a 4 year old asks about babies, they give them the science, not the stork. How is that lifeproofing?

These kids do not stuff their feelings, instead, knowing what they feel, and why, and what they know, and why. The thing these children also do, which makes adults who were brought up with behaviorism nervous, because the adults didn't get it, and instead, got punished and rewarded, is to expect respect as a matter of course.

They have a better chance against some tricky person telling them to drop trou, and don't mindlessly do as they're told, because their parents aren't big incompetent giants. And if it does happen, they have the language to put the tricky person away.

"Behaviorism creates the problem, for which it is (seen as) the only solution."

If you, for example, smack an adult, without his or her consent, that's assault, if the definition you use doesn't include the threat of violence. If it does., the threat, "This is your warning," for example, is assault, and the followthrough is battery.

It doesn't matter if you're doing it to teach, or not. Unless it is for self defense, it is morally repugnant to purposely hurt someone without consent. Since children are too young to consent, it is not different than hurting an adult without consent.

You won't see me cut off a son's prepuce, either.

I'm not uppity, or offended. I'm sad. I went through behaviorism, too. There's a better way. It doesn't have to hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllieTigerCub
You never lay a hand on a child. Ever ! Spankings are still abuse.

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperVapor, tiny and SpAzpieSweeTot
I really hope I never get punished and I can just wear without doing that.
Pika123 said:
Has anyone been diaper punished as a kid or is it just a ABDL thing? I've only really come across it in fantasy ABDL stories and was just wondering if it extended into the real world. And if it is a thing, and you had it as a kid, what did you do to get the punishment?

This is child abuse

I was raised in an era where humiliation tactics where often used to train children. I wet the bed once at a sleepover. The next morning the Mom put me in diapers and plastic pants. They thought if I acted like a baby, I should look like a baby. The punishment didn't phase me one bit, I had no problem at all playing outside with the other kids in the diaper. Nor did it bother me to tell people why I was in a diaper. I ran up, told them I had peed the bed, and ran off. Not a care in the world.

I wish I had half that gumption today.

Reactions: DiaperVapor, BabyHailey1977, DiaperLuver06 and 1 other person
Pika123 said:
Has anyone been diaper punished as a kid or is it just a ABDL thing? I've only really come across it in fantasy ABDL stories and was just wondering if it extended into the real world. And if it is a thing, and you had it as a kid, what did you do to get the punishment?
yes its real in the 90s babysitter would have done it, even tho i was a bedwetter im pretty sure she went to jail or got hotline for her daycare

Both times my mom caught me wearing diapers as a kid she threatened to make me wear them to school. She never went through with it even though I secretly wanted to.

Right after my cousin was potty trained she had an accident and my aunt bought a package of diapers and made her wear one when we got home as punishment. I remember telling her she was lucky and my aunt saying “what was that”. I said nothing and moved on. I was about 12.

I remember my mom finding a pair of plastic pants under my pillow. I was past wearing them at that point but loved them still. I had swiped a pair from my siblings drawer with the intention of putting it on at night. I fell asleep and never used them so mom found them. So she then held them open and said "Dont You want to put these on?" She was saying it more of joking manner though and she didnt seem angry saying it. I was somewhat embarrassed and declined trying them. So it wasnt really punishment. I brought it on myself technically.

Reactions: chrischrischris and BabyHailey1977
I'm probably putting this in the wrong place because your question was is diaper punishment a real thing.

When I was an older teen between 16-18 years old I often wondered what if mom and dad put me back diapers not as diaper punishment per say but made me wear diapers 24/7 again. When I was a young kid I had problems holding my peepee (as I called it when I was a kid) due to medical problems. (No, I was not incontinence or had a weak bladder but if that's what you want to think that's okay) as the Dr's put it I could not concentrate it (it was like if you gave me a glass of water I pee it out at the same time. It was not that bad but that was the best way I can describe it) Most of my wetting was due to that some of my wetting was due to pure laziness because I did not want to stop playing.

Back