I give up, to hell with the toilet 🚽

I feel like everyone should have a different answer to this depending on your situation. In my case, I have never been 100% continent and struggled throughout my life to get to the toilet. I was born with severe OAB and IBS. I was also born with a "little" personality and have always wanted to stay a kid forever. So my little side can fully accept my need for diapers, but my adult side is split. On the one hand I would rather not wear them and on the other, I know they make logical sense for me.

As my IC has gotten worse over the years, I have done what others have mentioned on this thread. I have embraced wearing diapers full time. Can I sometimes get by without wearing? Sometimes, but only if I haven't eaten or drank anything in the last three or four hours. And, even that is not full-proof. It's like playing with fire, pretty soon I will be burnt (i.e. have an embarrassing accident). Plus, I have to eat regularly to stave off IBS cramps and stay hydrated to stave off kidney stones.

Put another way, if goodnights and their type were available when I was a child I would have begged my mom everyday to wear them. Instead I wore diapers occasionally and wet and messed regular pants more regularly (my mom was not keen on me wearing diapers full-time). The latter accidents were far worse. By the time I started wearing diapers full-time (about 19 years ago), I wished I would have started earlier. They didn't strip what little control I had left. I still have a tiny bit of that. What they did was give me the freedom to stop worrying about my IC and let me live my life with less stress. Are there days when I wish I didn't have to wear diapers? Yes, there are. However, I know the alternatives, including all the medical alternatives presented to me, are worse. I don't see it so much as giving in, but as a slow acceptance of my body and who I am.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
Raven801 said:
I'm still at the point in dealing with my Incontinence where I still try and get to the bathroom for #2 gave up on wetting months ago just wasn't making it in time and it always seemed the closer to the toilet I'd get the more intense it would get and we'll after so many failed runs I said to hell with it. I don't even try to pee in the toilet anymore and now I'm at that point with #2 as well. I just wish I could get more comfortable with it. There are days I'm totally fine with it and days it gets to me LoL .... What would y'all do ?
Submit and accept it and just use you're diaper or would you cling to what little control you have left ?
So I’m at the point of accepting diapers for the rest of my life for #1 but I still use the toilet for #2. I’ve given up on the little control that I had left with peeing given the extreme frequency and stress of needing to pee. I just now use the diapers if I need to which has led to less control but also less stress. Acceptance is the key.

Mathew said:
I gave up trying to make it to the bathroom to pee years ago. It's like you were saying I just got tired of trying to make it just to end up wetting myself anyway. I wasted a lot of time trying to constantly find a bathroom and it is uncomfortable to hold it and I realized that's what my diaper was for anyway. Truthfully I love wetting my diaper it feels so good, why not enjoy it instead of fighting to go in a toilet.
I gave up fighting the inevitable years ago. Life is so much easier once you accept your need for nappies 24/7

Reactions: Diprs2, FLsolarSparky02, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 2 others
Wetshisbed said:
I gave up fighting the inevitable years ago. Life is so much easier once you accept your need for nappies 24/7
I'm pretty much at that point I am currently in physical therapy for pelvic floor dysfunction and I swear they just don't get it I tell them how painful it is to hold when a spasm hits and they just don't get it. But I'll keep trying what they tell me but it really doesn't seem to help. But I do feel like I at least want to give it a chance. As of right now everything ends out in my diaper unless I'm right next to a Bathroom

Reactions: Diprs2

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Therambler, Fleetwoodmac32192, dogboy and 1 other person
Raven801 said:
I tell them how painful it is to hold when a spasm hits and they just don't get it
That honestly feels like holding a live 120 volt house wire with your crotch to me.

I think you have to do what is best for your sanity. I haven’t given up on making it to the toilet when I can, however, I am diapered.

Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I’m not incontinent and I gave up on the toilet I understand it’s different for ic people but for me standing whilst releasing my bowels is 100x better than sitting on the toilet with stomach cramp heck sometimes I start walking to get my bowels moving but not had to do that for a long time I’m having the best bowel movement in my life and ofc peeing whenever is also a bonus no more rushing about

I wear for comfort initially but reached a point why not use it for what it’s intended best decision I made I’m now 24/7 purely out of choice

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Jenlyn
I avoid the toilet at all costs! I don't even try to make it, don't look for one, don't care, lol..... For me, my incontinence happened literally overnight, due to injury from an accident. It was a struggle for a couple years really, then I just accepted and went 100 percent all in, diapers full time, no toilet, no worries! I don't have to carry the baggage of worries, what ifs, or f**ks, just a backpack full of diaper changes and supplies!!

Reactions: Raven801 and Diprs2
NorthwestDiaperDude said:
I avoid the toilet at all costs! I don't even try to make it, don't look for one, don't care, lol..... For me, my incontinence happened literally overnight, due to injury from an accident. It was a struggle for a couple years really, then I just accepted and went 100 percent all in, diapers full time, no toilet, no worries! I don't have to carry the baggage of worries, what ifs, or f**ks, just a backpack full of diaper changes and supplies!!

Hey, were you a ABDL before incontinence or did it come about after the accident?

I don't have problems with the poop but yes at times I say the heck with trying to pee in the commode. 95% of the times I get all the way to the bathroom for it to just realise in my diaper. So I'm with you when I know I'm not gonna make it I don't try getting to the bathroom. I just let it release. Which is always only seconds later. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Raven801 and Diprs2
I have bladder ic, quite a lot. I can't make it upstairs in time, or if I'm upstairs then I can usually get to the loo, unless it's a really fast urge and I really don't have much notice or I'm still in bed and getting up too quickly would really hurt my back. I've also noticed that once I go, I keep leaking small amounts of urine every 5-10mins or so, like once my bladder has filled even a bit, I'll urinate again, and again. This is getting more frequent of late too. I take it that this means that I'm becoming more and more bladder ic?!

I haven't had bowel ic yet and that would be something that I would worry about, just being out and others smelling it and making them feel ill, and also embarrassing myself in the process. I have gone in my nappy a few times, because my stomach was a bit off, and my doctor also thinks that I've bot IBS too, as my stomach doesn't stop making noises most of the time and I get occasional pains in my stomach when its gurgling!

If anyone can or would give their life experiences on what's happening to me as I'm still waiting for my bladder scan in a 2-3wks time, I'd really appreciate it!
xxx

Last edited:
WendyLittle said:
I have bladder ic, quite a lot. I can't make it upstairs in time, or if I'm upstairs then I can usually get to the loo, unless it's a really fast urge and I really don't have much notice or I'm still in bed and getting up too quickly would really hurt my back. I've also noticed that once I go, I keep leaking small amounts of urine every 5-10mins or so, like once my bladder has filled even a bit, I'll urinate again, and again. This is getting more frequent of late too. I take it that this means that I'm becoming more and more bladder ic?!

I haven't had bowel ic yet and that would be something that I would worry about, just being out and others smelling it and making them feel ill, and also embarrassing myself in the process. I have gone in my nappy a few times, because my stomach was a bit off, and my doctor also thinks that I've bot IBS too, as my stomach doesn't stop making noises most of the time and I get occasional pains in my stomach when its gurgling!

If anyone can or would give their life experiences on what's happening to me as I'm still waiting for my bladder scan in a 2-3wks time, I'd really appreciate it!
xxx

Hi Wendy I can’t comment on ic because I’ve not experienced it quick shot in the dark is if you’ve given birth previously it can cause ic and or ic issues to worsen with time which is somewhat expected as childish birth looks terribly painful now the question I ask to you is as you’re a fellow ABDL what’s the reason you don’t wear/use 24/7 anyway?

LittleMonsterUK said:
Hi Wendy I can’t comment on ic because I’ve not experienced it quick shot in the dark is if you’ve given birth previously it can cause ic and or ic issues to worsen with time which is somewhat expected as childish birth looks terribly painful now the question I ask to you is as you’re a fellow ABDL what’s the reason you don’t wear/use 24/7 anyway?
I've got spinal arthritis, and I struggle massively getting upstairs to my only toilet, or if asleep trying to get up in time to pee was very painful and I coudn't get back to sleep due to the pain of having to get up numerous times in the night, so last August tried nappies and never really looked back.
I now get them on the NHS, 3 Tena Ultima's a day to use.

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleRascal
WendyLittle said:
I've got spinal arthritis, and I struggle massively getting upstairs to my only toilet, or if asleep trying to get up in time to pee was very painful and I coudn't get back to sleep due to the pain of having to get up numerous times in the night, so last August tried nappies and never really looked back.
I now get them on the NHS, 3 Tena Ultima's a day to use.

Honestly despite the ic going 24/7 is great just try it out using nothing but diapers for a week when you empty your stools put the contents from the diaper into the potty it helps reduce smell, on cleanup.

I tried it a week and now I’m stuck in nappies/diapers 😩🙈🙉

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and WendyLittle
WendyLittle said:
Probably. Perhaps a weakening of the involved muscles over time.

WendyLittle said:
I haven't had bowel ic yet and that would be something that I would worry about,
Count your blessings about that! From what I've read, not everyone gets it, but talk of ibs...

WendyLittle said:
... my doctor also thinks that I've bot IBS too, as my stomach doesn't stop making noises most of the time and I get occasional pains in my stomach when its gurgling!

xxx
In my case IBS is related to certain things that I eat (I have diabetes). So I've been able to reduce the number of "IBS threats" by controlling what I eat and drink (coffee works as a laxative). So you might find through experimentation what foods are causing you trouble. I've read that cruciferous vegetables can cause IBS because they aggravate the bowels. They include cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus etc. (the flower apparently resembles a crucifix). Keep a diet diary to help you figure that out.

I love Cole slaw. But since I've cut that out, I have been able to have coffee sometimes if I am staying home. Life without coffee, is oh so drear!

Reactions: Diprs2 and WendyLittle
LittleMonsterUK said:
Honestly despite the ic going 24/7 is great just try it out using nothing but diapers for a week when you empty your stools put the contents from the diaper into the potty it helps reduce smell, on cleanup.

I tried it a week and now I’m stuck in nappies/diapers 😩🙈🙉
I've been pretty much 24/7 since August 2021, not this year mate. :)

WendyLittle said:
I've been pretty much 24/7 since August 2021, not this year mate. :)

You’re taking a break this year?

slimjiminy said:
Probably. Perhaps a weakening of the involved muscles over time.

Count your blessings about that! From what I've read, not everyone gets it, but talk of ibs...

In my case IBS is related to certain things that I eat (I have diabetes). So I've been able to reduce the number of "IBS threats" by controlling what I eat and drink (coffee works as a laxative). So you might find through experimentation what foods are causing you trouble. I've read that cruciferous vegetables can cause IBS because they aggravate the bowels. They include cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus etc. (the flower apparently resembles a crucifix). Keep a diet diary to help you figure that out.

I love Cole slaw. But since I've cut that out, I have been able to have coffee sometimes if I am staying home. Life without coffee, is oh so drear!
The doc' said mine was mostly likely due to the stress I've been and am under, personal life stuff and more!
I love my broccoli, cauli, carrots and parsnips as I need to also eat them as my diet (more like lack of one, eating once a day night times, maybe some cereal when I get up, on rare occasions) so that's not helping I don't think either.
I'll speak to my doc again tomorrow about other issues, so will bring it up with her then too, if I remember.

Thank you for your advice too

LittleMonsterUK said:
You’re taking a break this year?
No, always in a nappy 99% of the time

Back