I Am Cloth Diaper Man

I'm exclusively a cloth diaper boy. Use 3" ducky head diaper pins and rubber(plastic) pants. That's what I grew up wearing and wetting and that's what I wear now. I'm very fortunate that my wife approves and changes my diapers when needed, usually morning, late afternoon and before bedtime. We go out often and I only wear cloth diapers, even when travelling. Always have a diaper bag just in case. I do all my diaper laundry and its not at all a chore. It's just part of being a mature, responsible diaper lover.

Reactions: AliB and Jr2012
Lyric said:
I'm exclusively a cloth diaper boy. Use 3" ducky head diaper pins and rubber(plastic) pants. That's what I grew up wearing and wetting and that's what I wear now. I'm very fortunate that my wife approves and changes my diapers when needed, usually morning, late afternoon and before bedtime. We go out often and I only wear cloth diapers, even when travelling. Always have a diaper bag just in case. I do all my diaper laundry and its not at all a chore. It's just part of being a mature, responsible diaper lover.
I'm glad you don't think of all the washing you have to do with cloth diapers a chore, cause it certainly entails a lot of work especially when used! I can barely be bothered to launder my normal clothes on a regular basis, let alone constant cloth diaper loads :oops:. Granted most of that stems from dealing with my depression, and doing the self-care I should be doing.
I do wear cloth diapers to sleep though, just don't use them as intended. Being environmentally conscious, re-usable, cheap (in the grand scheme of things), and as wonderfully thick as you like them, make them perfect diapers for me!
Mad props for traveling with cloth diapers, too. It must take a lot of preparation and diaper bag space! You must be a pro at pinning while standing, too!

Reactions: Jr2012
Tigercub59 said:
Cloth around home but disposables on the road.
Totally agree! I’m actually doing an experiment to see which disposable doesn’t give me a rash. That’s probably why my mother used cloth for me and my sister. (‘72). She was a tree hugger and didn’t want to trash the environment.

Reactions: Jr2012
Lyric said:
I'm exclusively a cloth diaper boy. Use 3" ducky head diaper pins and rubber(plastic) pants. That's what I grew up wearing and wetting and that's what I wear now. I'm very fortunate that my wife approves and changes my diapers when needed, usually morning, late afternoon and before bedtime. We go out often and I only wear cloth diapers, even when travelling. Always have a diaper bag just in case. I do all my diaper laundry and it’s not at all a chore. It's just part of being a mature, responsible diaper lover.
Have you tried Boingo or Snappies fasteners?

AliB said:
I have but always returned to diaper pins. Pins seem more secure for me. My mom used them when I was a teen and wet my bed so I'm so used to pinning my diapers on that nothing else seems to work as well.

Reactions: Jr2012 and NappiedTruckDriver
Lyric said:
I have but always returned to diaper pins. Pins seem more secure for me. My mom used them when I was a teen and wet my bed so I'm so used to pinning my diapers on that nothing else seems to work as well.
Same here tried both , got the scars on my fingers from them 🤣
My terry towel nappy has 4 pink ended pins holding it now
My mum still has my yellow ducky pins from when I was a baby

AliB said:
I've used both. Of the two, I find Boingos the more adult-friendly. The difficulty with Snappis is that a single Snappi provides minimal support to the front of the diaper. That tiny central claw just isn't enough. As a result, over a relatively short period of wear, your diaper will get loose around the legs. That's not always a catastrophe, but I definitely prefer a more secure-feeling fit. I also don't often mess in my cloth diapers. If I did, I expect Snappis would be even less suitable for the lack of containment. Some people like to use two Snappis, one per side. You can definitely get a snug fit that way, but man... So fiddly!

Boingos aren't perfect either though. Keep in mind that the intended wearer is a baby, and a baby is almost certainly wearing a close-fitting hook-and-loop or snap-on diaper cover, not the baggy pull-on plastic pants so many adults wear. That distinction becomes important especially if you sleep in your cloth diapers. They'll inevitably loosen over time and as you wet, and if your cover isn't holding the Boingos snugly against the diaper, they'll just fall right off. I've had good luck wearing Boingos during the day thanks to gravity and my outer clothing, but over night they'd always fall off.

So yeah. I've tried them both, and I still occasionally play with them, but I always get a better, more secure fit with good ol' diaper pins. And who can resist those cute duckies? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, windelboy4 and AliB
I always use cloth diapers because they remind me of my bed and pants wet days. They are also cheaper than disposable panties in the long run.
At first I used thick rectangular and triangular diapers for sleeping, and yellow PVC diapers that can be closed with snaps, even during the day. Only the cloth diapers weren't that thick. But since the nappies kept getting loose and it became uncomfortable as the day went on, I got cloth nappies shaped like disposable panties. They are closed with velcro, but after washing them a few times, the velcro no longer hold reliably, even if they are closed before washing.

So I've stamped in large metal snaps myself and this keeps these diapers closed securely and firmly closed. This snap fastener is much safer than velcro or fixing the diapers with safety pins.
Of course, with cloth diapers, PVC pants are always necessary. So I feel safe and well taken care of.

Greetings Windelboy4

Two snaps on each side of the cloth diaper pants are much more secure.

Cottontail said:
I've used both. Of the two, I find Boingos the more adult-friendly. The difficulty with Snappis is that a single Snappi provides minimal support to the front of the diaper. That tiny central claw just isn't enough. As a result, over a relatively short period of wear, your diaper will get loose around the legs. That's not always a catastrophe, but I definitely prefer a more secure-feeling fit. I also don't often mess in my cloth diapers. If I did, I expect Snappis would be even less suitable for the lack of containment. Some people like to use two Snappis, one per side. You can definitely get a snug fit that way, but man... So fiddly!

Boingos aren't perfect either though. Keep in mind that the intended wearer is a baby, and a baby is almost certainly wearing a close-fitting hook-and-loop or snap-on diaper cover, not the baggy pull-on plastic pants so many adults wear. That distinction becomes important especially if you sleep in your cloth diapers. They'll inevitably loosen over time and as you wet, and if your cover isn't holding the Boingos snugly against the diaper, they'll just fall right off. I've had good luck wearing Boingos during the day thanks to gravity and my outer clothing, but over night they'd always fall off.

So yeah. I've tried them both, and I still occasionally play with them, but I always get a better, more secure fit with good ol' diaper pins. And who can resist those cute duckies? :)
I don’t think I could wear cloth overnight unless just for comfort. I’d create a flood lol 🤭 Two Boingos on each side works for me bc I have to change myself. I have pink abdl pins but they’re difficult to get a snug fit if self changing. I wear a snap cover instead of plastic pants. The duckie pins are cute.

Reactions: Lyric and PaddedRita
AliB said:
I don’t think I could wear cloth overnight unless just for comfort. I’d create a flood lol 🤭
Heavy wetter! I feel pretty darned secure in one adult-sized prefold overnight, but I usually stuff with toddler prefolds anyway because...it feels nice! :)

AliB said:
Two Boingos on each side works for me bc I have to change myself. I have pink abdl pins but they’re difficult to get a snug fit if self changing. I wear a snap cover instead of plastic pants. The duckie pins are cute.
What covers do you like? But anyway, yeah, Boingos are a good match for a snap-on or Velcro covers. When I first tried Boingos years ago, I had only pull-on vinyl pants. My experience was not great. On the other hand, I've been pinning my own cloth diapers since I was 6, and that's over 40 years ago. At this point, I'm unlikely to gain as much experience with anything else! (Oof! Oldness. Why'd I go and say something like that?)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Heavy wetter! I feel pretty darned secure in one adult-sized prefold overnight, but I usually stuff with toddler prefolds anyway because...it feels nice! :)

What covers do you like? But anyway, yeah, Boingos are a good match for a snap-on or Velcro covers. When I first tried Boingos years ago, I had only pull-on vinyl pants. My experience was not great. On the other hand, I've been pinning my own cloth diapers since I was 6, and that's over 40 years ago. At this point, I'm unlikely to gain as much experience with anything else! (Oof! Oldness. Why'd I go and say something like that?)
Im not in my 30’s either! Lol we’ll leave it there. I found some easy snap adjustable covers on Amazon. I don’t like high waited pants, shorts, etc so the Velcro ones looked like they’d be noisy, and uncomfortable. I’m sorry you had bad luck with them. I only had cloth and plastic pants as a baby and toddler irl, and wanted to go back to that but haven’t fount the plastic pants that don’t pinch my legs. And they smelled bad after shipping. Bad luck with that! $$$.

AliB said:
Im not in my 30’s either! Lol we’ll leave it there. I found some easy snap adjustable covers on Amazon. I don’t like high waited pants, shorts, etc so the Velcro ones looked like they’d be noisy, and uncomfortable. I’m sorry you had bad luck with them. I only had cloth and plastic pants as a baby and toddler irl, and wanted to go back to that but haven’t fount the plastic pants that don’t pinch my legs. And they smelled bad after shipping. Bad luck with that! $$$.
Ha ha, ok. Yeah, no need to talk real ages. That's universally off-topic for this place anyway, right? :) I was a cloth baby also. I'm stocky and have chunky thighs. If I shop for plastic pants by waist size, they're like a tourniquet on my thighs. If I shop by thigh circumference, the waist is like... twice what it needs to be! Sigh... So I've mostly had stuff custom-made. Like you, I've not had great luck with off-the-shelf plastic pants.

I have recently got married again to a wonderful woman who doesn’t mind my nappies and I have just bought some new nappies 60x60 from down under which are fantastic and I wear these with disposables and pants and love the feeling of a wet nappy

Back